Devil Doll is 5 YEARS Smoke Free!

notsmokinjo

Congratulations @Devil Doll for being 5 years smoke free!

Well done and what an amazing gift your were able to give yourself. Even five years down the track rewards and celebrations are still important so make sure you do something special just for you today. We would love to hear how you are traveling, especially now you have been quit for half a decade.

5-years-lightpink.gif

• Like 6

The funny part is DD was a computer program which was set up to cheat on the games.  It would quickly post after anyone to run up.the count illegally. It was shut down by moderators when sticks still won 234 days in a row.

Congrats to the shortest person I ever met from this board.  Your awesome.

eh1m5hr0.jpg

• Like 2

Huge congratulations dear friend ....

It has been so much fun ,travelling the train with you....we were always trying to guess what colour your hair would be every week ...

Love you lady !!!!!

Do something very special today ...you are so worth it ....

Mammy sends her love xxxx

7a4520c1-deee-4253-aeb3-1d90a11cbc0c.gif

• Like 3

I made a decision after reading some posts of a member named JWG. JWG wrote eloquent words about his journey and somewhere in that journey he fell seriously ill, and through that illness (smoking related) he reached out to his fellow quit peers and newbies and tried to help them keep their quit protected. JWG passed away the day that I discovered that board and read through all of his posts. 

I was 100+ pounds overweight, I smoked three packs a day, and I had serious health issues. I made the decision to utilize the message board to help me quit. This was the best decision that I have ever made. Was it easy? No, but every day I checked in and I held myself accountable by pledging NOT ONE PUFF EVER (just for today). With the help of my fellow quitters and the quitters ahead of me I made it through. Soon the hours were days, days became weeks, weeks became months, and I was living them as a nonsmoker. 

5 years have gone by and I am 100+ pounds lighter, my health issues are better. I run for fun ?, I am a nursing student (which is why I pop on here and then disappear for long periods), I have made real friends from this board that I have met. 

This board saved my life and even though I am not here as often as I would like to be I do check in to see all of the good that it continues to do. If you are a newbie, or lurking and just thinking of quitting, please do it. Yes, it will be hard at first but as the time passes you will find that you don’t even think about smoking anymore, it becomes a fleeting thought. Make the decision like I did, use this board, lean on the members, hold yourself accountable, it will be the best decision that you ever make! 

I know, TLDR. Thank you guys! I ❤️ you all! Happy New Year!! 

My hair is green Mammy! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Devil Doll said:

I was 100+ pounds overweight, I smoked three packs a day, and I had serious health issues. I made the decision to utilize the message board to help me quit. This was the best decision that I have ever made. Was it easy? No, but every day I checked in and I held myself accountable by pledging NOT ONE PUFF EVER (just for today). With the help of my fellow quitters and the quitters ahead of me I made it through. Soon the hours were days, days became weeks, weeks became months, and I was living them as a nonsmoker. 

And that, friends and neighbors, is how it's done.  Commit and succeed.

Great job DD.  Congratulations.

• Like 3

Congrats on 5 years kid!  You are an inspiration to all who follow in your footsteps.  Hard to believe it's been 5 years already!  Time passes so quickly.  Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

giphy.gif

• Like 2