Jump to content

Had to start over. New date is 6/8/21.


Recommended Posts

I smoked again earlier today and was instantly sick to my stomach. I don't need to do anymore research. I do, however, have to reach out more on this forum. I am also cutting way back on coffee as it is giving me anxiety and I haven't been sleeping good lately. I still struggle with bipolar issues, but that is no excuse to keep smoking.

I try to talk to family about it, but they don't really know about addiction. I just have to get over my fear of being judged and check in more often here. I know I have stumbled, but I can do this. Thanks for listening to me.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Steven, so sorry to here this. No one here is going to judge you!!! Just feel bad you keep going through the starting over. Trust me I know how that feels, been there. I have had many melt downs here and many struggles. Go back and read some of my old post. If I had not reached out and trust me I felt like you do and everyone here was so supportive here and no judgment. So post reach out let us help you like they have done me. You can do this!! Post  an SOS I have and that is the only reason I am as far as I am! Stay on the train!!!

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Steven Drojensky said:

I try to talk to family about it, but they don't really know about addiction

 

That is why we come here everyday Steven. Here we are surrounded by others who get what we're going through at any given point in our quits. I really wish you would have come here BEFORE you smoked so that we could have helped you think more clearly and hopefully save your quit. I hope you will do that in the future...

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Linda said:

Steven, so sorry to here this. No one here is going to judge you!!! Just feel bad you keep going through the starting over. Trust me I know how that feels, been there. I have had many melt downs here and many struggles. Go back and read some of my old post. If I had not reached out and trust me I felt like you do and everyone here was so supportive here and no judgment. So post reach out let us help you like they have done me. You can do this!! Post  an SOS I have and that is the only reason I am as far as I am! Stay on the train!!!

Thank you, Linda. I am not giving up.

1 minute ago, jillar said:

 

That is why we come here everyday Steven. Here we are surrounded by others who get what we're going through at any given point in our quits. I really wish you would have come here BEFORE you smoked so that we could have helped you think more clearly and hopefully save your quit. I hope you will do that in the future...

I promise I will, Jill.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't worry about being judged here Steven. There are a couple of members here who may take the tough love approach but that is not a judgement. Think of it as a slap in the face to make you pause and take stock of what you are doing and how you're approaching things. 

The more you're involved here, the stronger your focus will be on your own quit. Doesn't even matter what you have to add to a post - just dive in. Even if your contribution is; good job! or I agree, or I feel your pain .... doesn't matter the content, What matters is that you're involved frequently. It WILL help Steven!

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Steven Drojensky, Sorry to hear it.  But also happy that you're right back at it.

 

As others have mentioned, please try to come to the forum before you smoke.  The thing is the craving only lasts a few minutes.  If you post an SOS, people will jump in and help you get past the crave.  Just take a moment to post the SOS.

 

The craving passes in a a few minutes and you'll be glad you kept your quit and proud of it too.

 

Again, happy you're here and doing it.  Stay strong.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Try posting before you smoke then wait for three responses, if you are still craving wait for three more . Give everyone an opportunity to help you through . 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Abby said:

Try posting before you smoke then wait for three responses, if you are still craving wait for three more . Give everyone an opportunity to help you through . 

I will, Abby. I am getting over the shame of asking for help.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Steven Drojensky said:

I am getting over the shame of asking for help.

 

Steven, this reminded me of my first year at my old forum when I was too proud to post an SOS so instead I would word my topic in such a way that I didn't SAY SOS but members could clearly see that it WAS an SOS. I did this two or three times and it worked every time. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Steven Drojensky said:
37 minutes ago, Abby said:

Try posting before you smoke then wait for three responses, if you are still craving wait for three more . Give everyone an opportunity to help you through . 

I will, Abby. I am getting over the shame of asking for help.

 No shame in asking for help at all , its not wéak to ask for help it shows strength . Quitting is not easy . We are all here to help each other when it gets too hard . 

Glad you got right back on the horse. You've chucked the cigs , drowned em I hope . Get angry at those darn things . They keep stealing your freedom , but gaurenteed they won't this time cause we all got your back when you post . 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is never any shame in asking for help, but it is a shame you didn’t ask, before lighting up. I’m glad it made you feel sick. That should tell you something.  Stick close, from now on, and next time the urge strikes, reach out, via S. O. S.  We are all pulling for you.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Steven ...why are we all here ????.........that's right we are nicotine addicts who are doing thier best to kick 

Nicotines backside ..

That little monster came calling ....and you listened ....

So glad it tasted like crap....Now ...jump back in your chair ..yes it's still here ....

Start afresh..... post everyday ..come play games ....post a daft gif or two ...

And yes next time the monster calls ....you call here first before you do anything ..

If you have any cigs left ...flush them away ....

Done rely on friends and family for support ...most dont get it ......come here ,we will always pat you on the back !!👍

Edited by Doreensfree
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Friends and family aren’t going to get it. They aren’t going through it, so they have no clue. Here; we get it. Here; we can help you through the roughest times. Reach out. Save your quit at all cost. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Steven, don't stress this small setback. It's only a small stumble but what defines you is how you react to it. You took ownership and determined what went wrong. You also determined what you need to do to build a better and stronger quit. So, don't beat yourself up over it but learn from it and move forward. Trust and use all the available knowledge and forums here on the train. Mainly, lean on us, we have your back 100%.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Steven, unfortunately it only takes one.  You are an addict and until you acknowledge that and not allow it to consume your life, you will stay stuck in this vicious cycle. At some point you have to want to quit MORE than you want to smoke.  Believe in yourself and know that you can do this.  Start this quit knowing that you are going to leave smoking behind.  Don't carry it with you on your journey.  Keep directing your thoughts on the positives of a life without it.  You can do this.     

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Steven Drojensky said:

I just have to get over my fear of being judged and check in more often here.

 

There's not one rider on this train that hasn't dealt with the quitter's paradox: I want a cigarette but I don't want to be a smoker.

 

Most of us threw away quits before we got it right.

 

Every quitter understands how associations are made between routine functions and smoking a cigarette.

 

You are amongst friends here Steven.  Grab a seat and take the ride.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Steven Drojensky said:

I will, Abby. I am getting over the shame of asking for help.

 

There is no shame in asking for help.  That is what this place is for.

 

I had several attempts at quitting smoking before I quit for good.  It took me joining a site like this and reaching out for help when I needed it that helped me quit for good.  Please don't be embarrassed.  This place is here to help people quit smoking and we understand what you are going through as we have gone through it as well.  If you are struggling, come here and post, vent, etc.  Do whatever you need as long as you don't smoke.

 

I'm glad you are quitting again but the best thing is to remain quit.  If you need help, come here and ask for it.  We are here for you.

Edited by johnny5
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cut the coffee for a while Steve, it's a trigger for sure. Lots of orange juice for the next couple of days, in a sippy bottle, especially when you have a hand to mouth craving. Healthy snacks, grapes are good and 2 litres of water a day. 

 

Valerian sleeping caps are great and natural (non habit forming) 

 

It's a new day.  The past is the past. 

 

I have full faith in you and know that you want a better life for yourself and your loved one's. You now know more than ever,  that going back is never an option xx 🙏

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I am a registered nurse and baccalaureate student. I am here to learn more about patient experiences and their challenges with tobacco use. Glad to hear that you are taking the final steps to quit for good. Have you looked into any resources within your community? 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Nichole

On 6/8/2021 at 8:00 PM, Steven Drojensky said:

I smoked again earlier today and was instantly sick to my stomach. I don't need to do anymore research. I do, however, have to reach out more on this forum. I am also cutting way back on coffee as it is giving me anxiety and I haven't been sleeping good lately. I still struggle with bipolar issues, but that is no excuse to keep smoking.

I try to talk to family about it, but they don't really know about addiction. I just have to get over my fear of being judged and check in more often here. I know I have stumbled, but I can do this. Thanks for listening to me.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Steven! Ugh sorry you slipped but glad you got right back in the game! No big deal especially if you learn, make a change and get right back at it! Great job getting right back on the horse! No one will judge you here. No shame. No fear. Just a healthier life!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

About us

QuitTrain®, a quit smoking support community, was created by former smokers who have a deep desire to help people quit smoking and to help keep those quits intact.  This place should be a safe haven to escape the daily grind and focus on protecting our quits.  We don't believe that there is a "one size fits all" approach when it comes to quitting smoking.  Each of us has our own unique set of circumstances which contributes to how we go about quitting and more importantly, how we keep our quits.

 

Our Message Board Guidelines

Get in touch

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines