Tobacco Wars Documentary - Episodes 1, 2 & 3

Synopsis:

TOBACCO WARS is a comprehensive history of the cigarette, providing an in-depth, balanced, and often shocking look at the tobacco industry. The series' three one-hour episodes are organized chronologically, from the advent of the cigarette through its ascension to one of the most profitable consumer products the world has ever seen. Via first person accounts and insider documentation, TOBACCO WARS vividly portrays what the companies really knew about the link between smoking and disease, explains how mankind became seduced by such a dangerous product, provides a status report on Big Tobacco today, and looks towards the future of this most controversial of industries.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Kinda freaks me they got away with crossing this line (the industry) and that youngsters still start smoking.... once you're hooked it's f ucking tough to break the nicotine habbit (just watched epi 1)

• Like 2

Might do that... CPK! Last afternoon I saw 2 i was shocked. Right now it's peeying cats n dogs and windy so not going out to the store lol and besides tonight I have a seminar about relations in church :D look forward to that and don't want to waist my concentration, need to devide it LOL

• Like 1

Might do that... CPK! Last afternoon I saw 2 i was shocked. Right now it's peeying cats n dogs and windy so not going out to the store lol and besides tonight I have a seminar about relations in church :D look forward to that and don't want to waist my concentration, need to devide it LOL

Keeping busy, that's the spirit. Have a great day, Evelyn. And remember to bless your quit and keep it safe from all harm. I'll do the same with mine. xox

• Like 1

I watched these three episodes this weekend. I thought they were really good. Enjoyed them all with the exception of the woman smoking through her neck in episode 3. That's turned my stomach - I wish I could un-see that!!

Edit.  Right now, I know it will only upset me. I looked at the first minute. I don't think I have seen them. I know I will ...

If, I am getting it right, Big Tobacco is now targeting 3rd World countries, with gusto.

May they all rot in their own filth.

*Kudos, to the people standing up to them.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...