Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Katgirl

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Katgirl

  1. Realized it was my anniversary, and thought I’d say Hi. 4 years smoke free. Occasionally, I think about smoking, but never seriously consider lighting up. This is my 2nd try at quitting. I had stopped for about 8 years and a bad romance had me lighting up after that long. So, we are never really safe, or cured, just recovering, like any addict. I remain passionate about my hobbies, and I’ve been shooting hoops. CC, who literally shares my name has inspired me. I’ve become pretty accurate from 20 feet. That’s impressive for an old lady. My husband and I put together a nice set up in the driveway, which is oversized. He gives me advice and we both mess around for fun and exercise. We are avid Fever Fans. Hope everyone is sticking with the program. Just wanted to say, “Hey!” Kat
  2. I know that feeling, Jill. Hurry up and wait. I am horribly sad lately. My beloved Barney, my 9 year old Cockapoo, is gone. He suddenly was having Neurological symptoms, and, as it turned out, he had a brain tumor, and his Vet said he was likely completely blind, at the end. So we held him, as our Vet gave him the 2 IV injections, and he was gone. We took him home, and buried him on our property. I miss him so much. It’s been a few weeks, and I still cry, when something reminds me of him. He was such a great little buddy. 😩😩 Kat
  3. Katgirl replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Mark my words
  4. Katgirl replied to Tink's topic in Games
    Nougat
  5. Katgirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -9
  6. Katgirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -2
  7. Thank you, Doreen! Also, I am planning my wedding! Getting married on 10/7! I’ve never had a fancy wedding, so this time I am doing it up! Planning is a PITA, but My Matron of Honor is sharing the load. Today, I have my first gown fitting. Exciting stuff. Of course, I am marrying the guy I met on Christmas Day, 2018. John is a keeper. The whole thing seems meant to be. I decided I did not want to meet my Maker, having been living in sin for the last part of my life, so I told John that, and he proposed on Valentine’s Day. Kat
  8. Katgirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    00
  9. 1. Hang a picture
  10. Katgirl replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Long day ahead
  11. Katgirl replied to Tink's topic in Games
    Apple
  12. Katgirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    00
  13. Keep up the good work, @Slow progress! The first few days are the hardest. I celebrated 2 years yesterday. That’s hard to believe. I had a chest x-ray recently, and the results were pretty normal, except my lungs were “slightly hyper inflated”. I asked my doctor what that meant. He said it means I have mild COPD. I wonder how that happened…..😊 Knowing that, just reinforces my commitment to keep my quit intact. Staying close to this group has been very instrumental in my success so far, so stick around. Kat
  14. Retire early tonight
  15. Katgirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -16
  16. Right side orientation
  17. Katgirl replied to Tink's topic in Games
    Gazpacho
  18. Katgirl replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Vastly exaggerated story
  19. Katgirl replied to Linda's topic in Socializing
    Don’t believe 1/2 of what you read or even see on the news. A lot of it is crap! I have 4 kids (and I only have 4), who are election deniers. They think their Mom is stupid! I invited them to my wedding, anyway. 🤔😂😂 As for Covid, it confuses me that everyone is pretending it’s over. As far as I know, it’s not. It just killed my best friend’s Dad. Having said that, he was 95. We all need to stay safe, but don’t drink the Kool Aid!😊 Nurse Kat
  20. Katgirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -16
  21. Hah! Why didn’t I think of that? Oh, I know. You have to smoke it……, so a no go, for me. Still doing my 2 miles , on my treadmill. am up to a 6% incline. By the time I’m done power-walking, at 3.5 mi/ hr, sweat is dripping into my eyes, and down my face, and I have burned approximately 350 calories, in under 40 minutes. A few weeks back, John and I were traveling on a road, that had a sign showing we were at a 6% upward grade. It was noticeable. Seeing that incline, made me realize how awesome I am, to be able to do that every day..,,,😊. Kat
  22. Katgirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -11
  23. Katgirl replied to Linda's topic in Socializing
    There is so much conflicting info. Our president announced the Pandemic is over, but I don’t think that’s an accurate statement. About the vaccines, I’m not sure if Australia’s are the same, as ours, but I do know of anecdotal evidence that some folks had adverse reactions, here, and I’m sure there were some deaths. As far as I know, very few, however. I have had a total of 4 vaccines, and still got Covid, though a very mild case. The WHO has announced they expect Pandemic to end, sometime this year. However, it will probably be endemic, at that point, meaning it will always be with us. The US is talking about a yearly vaccine that will be combined with our annual flu shot. Nurse Kat
  24. You enjoy satire

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.