Check in Roll Call and Status check

bakon

Time for all the chicks, sticks , window lickers and booger-bat-stewy-meathead-jetblack (those who identify as unisex) to post a status of their quit.  and Not just I am here!!!

Post your quit time if you know it, post if its going good or bad and post something going on in your life.

I don't know half the new people but don't run off scared and unplug your computer and think you can hide.  I only hurt if your extra sensitive and any thing you say can be used to make fun...

So I will go first. Hair over a few years. No problems with quit. Don't even think about it. Work out occasionally on a schedule which makes me slightly less fat than i should be for what I eat and drink. Traveling to Florida next week for youngest son wedding.  Mrs Bakon all good too.

Next

• Like 13

Free, just over Five years.

I had a great celebration here, thank y'all.

I love our batch of quitters,

watching them regain their confidence and their lives from the shroud of Nicotine

is mighty inspirational.

My quit is feeling rock steady and there is no room, ever, for complacency.

Nice to see you popping in, mister b.

Love to your beautiful (and saintly) wife.

S

• Like 13

In 11 days I will be 1 year quit... to be honest at 11.28pm on 28 November 2018 it will be 1 year since I had my last cigarette... I only remember the time because 11:28 on 28th November.... it was just meant to be.... um... quit wise I'm fan-frickin-tastic.... every now and then I might get a smoke thought but it just that, a passing thought and its gone....between my new job and my medical treatment I am pretty exhausted at the moment but it will get better. The kid is still hoppin with a limp and doin me head in.

Edit: My plans for Australia to take over the world are perfected.... now its just a case of convincing the powers that be that they are the work of genius and not insanity.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 9
  • Haha 5

Quit:  7:30 AM 01/04/2018 (getting close to the 1 year mark).  Quit is going strong but I now see the reason for that 1 year mark and has been my motivation.  What is going, not much -- retirement is much overrated!!!!!!

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, bakon said:

Post your quit time if you know it, post if its going good or bad and post something going on in your life.

Put out my last cigarette the night of May 13th 2017 and woke up a non-smoker Mother's Day the 14th...so that's a year and a half of sweet freedom!! (or almost 2 years as I like to think about it)

I freaking love! love! love! my new smoke free life!

Something going on in my life...my husband finally has a day job and it's been really nice finally having help with the kids in the evening. And, now that he's quit too; I get double the rewards?

Edited by c9jane29
I always get my quit date and son's b-day confused. So, let me just finish this window and I'll move to the next.
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, bakon said:

Traveling to Florida next week for youngest son wedding

How exciting.  Hope it is a beautiful, fun filled event. Safe travels for a holiday week.

I quit at 4:00 pm on August 1st, 2018

I am working on my 4th month.  It blows me away that I am a nonsmoker.  I don't have too many craves and they are manageable.   

My single son just moved into a newer ranch style home.  He is all excited about having Thanksgiving at his new home.  He is even building his own dining room table.  He shouted out for Dad's help this weekend, so it may just get done on time.  Mom may have to get up super early to help him stuff the bird but I'm sure he will do a wonderful job.

This may be one of our most memorable holidays. 

Edited by Linda Thomas
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, bakon said:

Hair over a few years.

Glad you got your hair even if it did take a few years.

I quit at 10:15pm on Sunday, Memorial day weekend, May 29th, 2016.  I'm currently still in my living room and I've just sent out a BOLO to the state of Floriduh Florida for next week. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

What was the question?

dYkEli.gif

I drove school bus for 30 years.  Do you know how this brings the memories back.  I can truly say that most of the window lickers grew up to be pretty awesome people. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

My Quit

Date: 2/10/17

Time: ? 

Reason: Dr at the clinic said I was having a stroke! Off I went to the hospital...come to find out all those years of smoking did a number on my arteries!! Oh, there was more fun to come in 2018 so it was good that i quit when i did!

Current Status: Pain in the ass reformed ex-smoker, Stroke survivor, CABGx3 surgery survivor

Something Good: Just booked a vacation to Naples for May 2019 (that's Florida, not Italy!)

image.png.c9fc5b1059031f159ca10a1d7b380224.png

Edited by Rozuki
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1

Horney toad still here....or it it Doorbell....whatever....Boo is still ringing my bell !!!!.....

Over 5 years now smoke free....and lovin it.!!!!

Making fun of the sticks ...with my little chicklettes.....

Supporting the newbies...

Congrats to your son...

Regards to Mrs B....a warrior.....

Oh ya....about time you showed up here.....lol....

hotlady_frog.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

@Parsley  @brand.new.ela  @Christa326  @DragonsFancy

Where you ladies at?? I made cookies and milk shots!! Come tell us how awesome you are!

34iifdt.jpg

@Wantsit...heard your feeling good! come tell us more about this pride fire in your belly!  @Lilly almost at a week...tell us more, tell us more!  

@Kdad just had his big 2monthiversary!

@redemption3 please tell me you relaxed yet? 

Have I bothered enough people? ?  

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

Thanks for the shout out Jane.

I have just completed my 6th day smoke and nicotine free.

At the moment I don't look any further ahead than the day I'm in. I'm feeling excited, proud and loving my new life. 

A new year is just around the corner and I'm going to be starting it a non smoker. That for me is a dream come true ?

1542445268520238012634.jpg

Edited by Lilly
  • Like 12

Next week (11/20) will mark 5 years! 

I quit cold turkey because “ it was time”

i have had 4 grandchildren since I quit!  

I retired from my real job, gained 25lbs and decided I was getting to fat and went back to work.... I’m still too fat., maybe i need different job.

All 4 daughters, 8 granddaughters, lone grandson and various son-in-laws all doing good.

I’m not saving any money since I quit smoking... I’m spending it!! Since I quit I have been to Pompano Beach, twice... Marco Island, Sanibel Island, and Fort Myers Fl.... on top of that we take at least 1 trip a year to the Outer Banks N.C... our 2019 house is reserved for May... talking about a second trip in October. There will be no inheritance for the kids! ;)

in 2016 my wife suggested we buy a new Mustang Gt... I really like that woman! ?:)

i need to buy a Harley so I can ride to California with Bakon... maybe the wife will read this.. ?

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

Hi, my name is Boo.  I am a Gemini.  I'm a lover not a fighter.  I enjoy outdoor recreation, good music, dirty jokes, seafood, long drives on country roads, Westerns, acting like a know-it-all, and ringing Doreen's bell.

On 11/16/2018 at 8:13 PM, bakon said:

Time for all the chicks, sticks , window lickers and booger-bat-stewy-meathead-jetblack (those who identify as unisex) to post a status of their quit.  and Not just I am here!!!

I never identified as unisex.  What I said was: "I'd just as soon go screw myself as to ever talk to Bakon again."

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

I am fine....good really c9jane29 ! 

Hanging in there....soon 3 months

No patch of last Wednesday

Like most others, good days and not too good days...

But everyday I nope is progress forward...no I don't get my nope on here everyday but I try to read here everyday a few minutes and I NOPE everyday!!

• Like 15

I’ve been free for a bit over a year. Recently have been suffering from insomnia and I’m trying to relocate again because I don’t feel well in this job and this country. But I’ve been working a lot on some artistic projects and I keep on discovering new and good things, so not all is bad ?

• Like 14