The New Girl

Gina

Hello yall! I am new to this forum here. I came from another forum kinda like this one. 

I am 36 years old, smoked for over half my life (21 years) started when I was 15 because I wanted to look older (boy was I in for a surprise!) I smoked socially for maybe a year. After that smoking just increased and increased.. :/ 

I quit smoking for 6 months and started back, a few small quits here and there everywhere...

Quit again when I got a scare of being told I had COPD at the emergeny room. 2 months into my quit I see my dr and he says I did not have COPD that they had just taken the xrays wrong? well! I kept my quit for 2 years then. I have no real excuse why I started back up at that time. 

I then quit again a year or so later for about 6 months and thought I was strong and could handle just one. I really wanted to remember what it was like to smoke. Stupid me. I did not educate myself enough on my addiction back then, the only things I read up on was how to get past the cravings. and how it benefitted me. I had no idea I needed to know how the nicotine makes you think and how the addiction makes you think.

I am now back and on a 6 weeks quit so far and do not plan on smoking again EVER! I am done. I will never let the nicodemon lie to me again. I will stay educated up. I am here for the long haul. 

I look forward to joining you all in quitting together!

• Like 11

Welcome Gina!

Nice 6 week quit you hav going.

It sounds like you are up to speed on what you need to do to make this your "sticky" quit...

The number 1 thing is never light anything on fire and stick it in your mouth! :p

I would,recommend that you stick close to the board and use all the resources available to you here. ... If you are having a unusually difficult time, don't hesitate to post an S.O.S.... Someone will be around to try and help you through it.

Again, welcome and congrats on making a great choice!

• Like 2

HI Gina! Welcome and congrats on your 6-week quit. :)

You've come to the right place. I don't think I would have been able to quit successfully without this forum. There's a lot of good information here and plenty of resources at your disposal. I recommend staying close to the forum and reaching out to us at any time. Having a support system can really make a huge difference. 

• Like 2

welcome Gina,

Its completely up to us  (all of us) weather we smoke or not-  you got this-as long as you guard your quit-

do not ever take even 1 puff--

your a puff away from a pack a day--- for life,,,    be strong--  you got it,,

RC

• Like 2

Hello yall! I am new to this forum here. I came from another forum kinda like this one. 

I am 36 years old, smoked for over half my life (21 years) started when I was 15 because I wanted to look older (boy was I in for a surprise!) I smoked socially for maybe a year. After that smoking just increased and increased.. :/ 

I quit smoking for 6 months and started back, a few small quits here and there everywhere...

Quit again when I got a scare of being told I had COPD at the emergeny room. 2 months into my quit I see my dr and he says I did not have COPD that they had just taken the xrays wrong? well! I kept my quit for 2 years then. I have no real excuse why I started back up at that time. 

I then quit again a year or so later for about 6 months and thought I was strong and could handle just one. I really wanted to remember what it was like to smoke. Stupid me. I did not educate myself enough on my addiction back then, the only things I read up on was how to get past the cravings. and how it benefitted me. I had no idea I needed to know how the nicotine makes you think and how the addiction makes you think.

I am now back and on a 6 weeks quit so far and do not plan on smoking again EVER! I am done. I will never let the nicodemon lie to me again. I will stay educated up. I am here for the long haul. 

I look forward to joining you all in quitting together!

Welcome Gina,

Congratulations on your 6 1/2 week quit !

Keep educating yourself because this is our best ammunition to keeping a quit

and stick close to the board.

Because we are such a beautiful and varied quilt of individuals, one or more of our words will resonate with you.

S

• Like 1

Gina girl,,

I tell all- I really got a lot of help with some gum- real powerful flavors- it really tunes you in to a totally different flavor in your

mouth--secondly it is something to reach for an unwrap,, ,,it really did turn off the craving,,, little by little,,

and every craving gets weaker- I very rarely ever have a craving anymore-

I,m at 1 yr 9 mos- still do a little gum, not like at first,, but even sometimes after dinner like that ol stand-by light up regiment-

Its way better,, an you can get off it easy --  I smoked 30 years-- dammit,,  I imagine gum will always be in the truck,,,,

stay strong--smoke-n sucks an it,ll kill us,,,

RC

• Like 2