Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Well the rain couldn't stop me yesterday , I still got out for a shorter walk.,

Today is suppose to be a downpour so it will be a u tube excersise day ., have a good one. 

• Like 4

Stretching out the mountain bike rides each weekend. Fun 20 mike loop this morning that included over 1000’ of climbing. Fitness is coming along nicely. Nothing beats the buzz of endorphins after a workout

• Like 3

1 walk about 20 minutes once, sometimes twice a day. I take my dog with me. He stays at my side. It’s good for him, too, because he is always where I am. So, if I am just laying around, so is he. I will gradually increase my time and speed, but for being 9 days in, I feel like I am doing this the right way. Also, I am 70, so there’s THAT!😳😂

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Katgirl said:

1 walk about 20 minutes once, sometimes twice a day. I take my dog with me. He stays at my side. It’s good for him, too, because he is always where I am. So, if I am just laying around, so is he. I will gradually increase my time and speed, but for being 9 days in, I feel like I am doing this the right way. Also, I am 70, so there’s THAT!😳😂

You are fabulous. I know of of a man who is 66 and has emphysema. He continues to smoke a combination of nicotine and MJ every day. He can't even walk to the bottom of his driveway. His poor wife administers his puffers and medicines every day. He is committing slow suicide. I just don't get it. Why would you put yourself and the person you love through all of that. Sorry I guess I'm venting. 

Good job with the walking. Sister to sister, even though we are continents apart, please know that I'm super proud of you. Keep it going. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

I think you doing great...when I started walking I could go 4 houses down and back...does not sound much but sure felt like a lot to me :) now just weeks later I am taking a half hour walk (after each meal) 3 times a day ...I feel like that is enough ...though I did add in a online exercise class yesterday and laid in bed this morning thinking why...whyyyyy am I so sore today?... then had that oh yeah moment..................lol

• Like 6

After abusing the body from the outside in from smoking any form of activity that promotes some increased blood flow and breaths per minute is progress. Endorphins are a wonderful thing for the mind body and spirit. 

• Like 4

Great day yesterday. 3 long  walks . 2 with pup , and one on my own . Pup and I enjoyed it so much taking out the picnic lunch , blanket , her bone , me quacamoli , crackers and lemon water sitting by the fountains listening to all the pond life . It's worth the walk there to relax , meditate, be at peace , feel the breeze and the warm sun then the walk back . This was the third walk of the day . I soak them up as they are too few in my neck of the woods .

Spring summer fall are definitely my seasons and one of the reasons I quit smoking in June was because I knew I would have that few glorious months that  I would be distracted by things to do and not be sitting in my house .

I can't tell you how far I walked but it was that kind of day I didn't want to end . Today is 20 C so will be soaking in that sun , guess what I'm doing lol ..it's an energy booster what can I say . 

Sure am missing the pool though or lake but maybe by July restrictions will ease . Planning a salt water lake trip that I've always wanted to visit . Hotel,  spa , lotsof walking trails and healing waters , sounds like  a perfect get away . Last year it was the mountains this year the prairies . 

• Like 4

Sticking with my regimen: 2 twenty minute brisk walks per day. Being retired, it is easy to to just become a slug. When I was smoking, I was always outside, enjoying the beautiful northern CA weather. So, making a commitment to get outside,for at least 40 minutes per day, is good for me. Yeastetday, I did one of my walks in a beautiful County park. I was amazed at the amount of people there, and …..no masks! It felt like freedom, in more ways than one.😊

• Like 5

After taking a week off for vacation, I decided to get back to work and change things up a bit; add a bit of variety.  Doing more conditioning work now: boxing and rowing.  The strength work that I'm doing is exclusively bodyweight training: squats, pull-ups, push-ups, roll-outs, and hanging leg raises.  I had forgotten just how hard pistol squats are.

Also doing a bit of mobility work everyday.  I'm not getting any younger here.

And looking to clean up the diet a bit.  Not going on a diet, just making a point to eat clean.

• Like 4

Also power walking: 2 twenty minute sessions per day. I have gotten my heart rate up to mid 130’s, which is good for my age. Also, I have lost 8 pounds, since I have started, which is a relief, as I was afraid quitting smoking would cause weight gain. It is starting to get hot, so I am going to buy a treadmill, so I can continue during the heat of Summer.

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 3

Walked walked walked all week long (even have inspired my 83 year old mom to get out and walk each day too) loving working out with the fabulous50s on YouTube as well. She just makes me feel so positive. :)

• Like 3

It was still 88 degrees out, when I I wanted to do  my second walk at 7:30 P. I did it, anyway. Took a bottle of water with me and drained it on the trail. Came back with my heart racing, and sweaty as all get out, but that’s the point, isn’t it? 😎

• Like 1