Everything posted by Dianne
-
Hi new here and not doing well
Hey! Been a very tough year. Mom has been in and out of the hospital and rehab. But guess who still on the Train? Me me Me! And that is pretty amazing considering everything. Hope everyone is well and I hope if you thinking of quitting you take courage in knowing many here have managed to do so and you can too! Read through this entire site and find info and courage and a good amount of humor too
-
QuittingGirl is Nine Months Smoke Free Today!!!
Before you know it. it will be one year...two years and more keep at it...you doing great!
-
20 hours and want to have a smoke
I hope you with us still ammj on the quittrain, it a really good place to be.
-
Dianne is Two Years Smoke Free Today!!!
Thank you every one! 2 years does feel great. I busy with caring for mom but I still on the train and checking in from time to time. If you out there lurking...I did it...you can too!
-
Want this to be over
Stay with your quit Brioski. If you give in now, not only do you have the argument to deal with, but also falling off the train, which you have done so good at staying on. I promise it gets easier and easier to get pass these moments. keep chanting ....not one not ever (or whatever phrase speaks to you)
-
Week 3!
I sorry Molly2310. Please just jump back on the train. You did it once. I know you can do it again. There a line somewhere on this site that really spoke to me...something like....stop putting things in your mouth and lighting them on fire....Jump back on there plenty of company on the ride
-
Hello again 👋
Welcome back on the train Brioski You got this, you can do this! I had a hard time with anxiety when I quit. In part because of a bad reaction to steroids (oh lordy that was not fun) I found, quick ten minute walks helped (surely the neighbors thought I lost my mind lol so did I) walks and exercise also help with the dopamine. Rethinking time was one of the hard things for me when I quit. What to do now with that time I normally spent on feeding the addiction. I too loved smoking or thought I did. After reading here and watching videos I was honestly shocked to learn I was a addict. I always just thought I was just a smoker. The more I learned of it all the more I got mad, at the companies, at the government, at myself for allowing myself to become addicted and getting mad helped get me pass it all. Stay close to the site and reach out whenever you feel or want to. I so glad you got back on the train
-
Denali Blues is One Year Smoke Free Today!!!
Congrats DenaliBlues (I know it late but it truly special)
-
Two entire years!
Congrats Amy 2 years is awesome!
-
Come In And Say Hi !!!!
Hi Molly2310 you quit on my birthday...I think that really lovely! Welcome to the train of taking back everything this addiction takes from us
-
Come In And Say Hi !!!!
Hi Slow progress So glad you jumping back on the train. Finding ways to fill that time is hard at first. You did this once so already know you can do it. Just remember it ok to still give yourself breaks like you use to when smoking (I had to give myself permission for that) now just do it with something else ...short walks, coming here to read, a funny video whatever you like and remember how good you felt for those 2 years.....cheering for you all the way
-
Overcome is Seven Months Smoke Free Today!!!
Congrats overcome on 7 months!
-
quit thoughts
Yay! Truly it such a beautiful thing to break through that first week than the second and to keep going till finally one day you just happy you did it. You should be proud.
-
Personal Update
I so very sorry. May your family continue to be comforted by one another and your beautiful memories.
-
Two entire years!
That is awesome news woot woot
- January 2023 Roll Call !!!
-
Personal Update
I so sorry Boo. That is truly scary for all 😞 sending prayers for her and your family
-
Hi new here and not doing well
Popping in to say hi and share I was headed into the grocery store today. There a guy standing by the doors with a unlit cigarette. He asked the guy ahead of me if he had a lighter. He did not, so I thought I would spare him asking me. When I got close to him I said sorry I too do not have a lighter. He said oh, I was not going to ask you I already knew you wouldn't. hehehe I cannot tell you how that made me smile....Happy New Year to all those riding train (I know I a bit late in wishing that here) in April it will be 2 years for me. I so grateful for finding this site and those on it. I so grateful to be a non-smoker. To those thinking of getting on the train...DO IT...life as a non-smoker is so much better. Do not hesitate...just do it...the quicker you do it...the quicker you come on out onto the other side of it all Hope everyone has a blessed day!
-
JustSomeGuy is Nine Months Smoke Free Today!!!
Congrats JustSomeGuy How wonderful!
-
Steven Drojensky is One Year Smoke Free Today!!!
Congrats Steven. Woot woot
-
Sunshine is 3 months Smoke Free Today !
Congratulations Sunshine! 3 months is wonderful freedom.
-
Quit For Life
Welcome back on the train Kdad Cheering for you the whole way!
-
Intoxicated yoda is Eight Months Smoke Free Today!!!
Congratulations Intoxicated yoda! This is wonderful news.
-
Kris is Ten Months Smoke Free Today!!!
Congrats Kris! 10 months is amazing.
-
Hello Little Man
Congratulations Boo! What a beautiful blessing