Come In And Say Hi !!!!

All it takes is a quick hello ...I want to quit Smoking ...and wait !!!

Then just see how many people will jump in to help you achieve your dream.

We will show you ...how this is so possible and easy ...

All you need is the Desire to be Free 🐸

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

We can only hope they are near, reading, learning, gaining the courage to step out to the ledge and jump.  We were all afraid, did not know if we could do it until we did.  That is okay, it is normal to be scared and unsure when you are about to take on any big challenge.  I just want them to know there are a wonderful group here that will listen to you cry, whine and struggle.  It will be okay, just jump.  You will never know until you try, even if you fail, you can try again.  We will be here thru it all.

• Like 8

Hi! there @Traveling_Brisaw your reaction to a post.  Glad you are here, take your time, read and learn things that will help you to quit.  Just tell us what you need.  If you are not ready to quit yet that is okay.  Many people have joined to seek advice for the best way, the way that could help them get started.  

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hello! Hopped the train October 15th and have been lurking for several days. I’ve been very appreciative of the insight and support I’ve seen here, and it’s helped me through these first, ready-to-smack-something-or-someone-husband-will-remain-nameless, weeks. Today is a wonderful day and tomorrow will be better  😎✌️

• Like 7

• 2 months later...

Hello QT People,

I am lurking about wanting to want to quit.

Doing it the hard way, so far.  Down from a pack a day to half a pack and experiencing the repeated withdrawals.

Joel's words ringing in my head.... only two reasons to smoke, paraphrasing here...

1. you want to die a horrible painful death 2. you want to keep experiencing withdrawal and all it's joys

I am scared. I am having trouble believing in myself. I am unwilling, thus far. I am afraid to fail, again. I am afraid to commit to nope, to keep smoking, to LIVE. I am giving my power to people who profit from my addiction and life draining away.

I am able. I am kind. I am hopeful. I  am swimming and doing water aerobics (over 100 miles last year). I am me in all my foibles and big feels.

Afraid to BE here before I actually quit. So risking this post for what reason I do not know.   Avoiding lighting  up right now.

Hoping your quits are solid and sticky, your lives are full of robust laughter and deep breaths.

Love and Light, Darcy

• Like 4

I'm glad you posted @darcy. You know you CAN quit without WANTING to quit, a lot of us have. I didn't want to quit but my breathing was so bad that I had to quit. Now I'm on oxygen because I waiting so long. As you get older you're going to start feeling the repercussions of your actions so why not quit BEFORE this happens? Trust me you'll be glad you did.........

• Like 4

Hi Darcy. I was scared to quit also. I had established such a love/ hate relationship with smoking and I wasn't sure how to deal with withdrawal. Good news is I didn't think about it anymore- I just did it. And kept doing it. Times were tough on occasion, but overall it was very doable and I kick myself for not trying sooner. Bottom line? Just do it- don't overthink

• Like 6

I was terrified - anticipated a big battle and in reality the first 3 days were rough, but not as bad as I had imagined. 

All the best to you @darcy.

If you have been cutting down, which in my experience is tougher than just quitting, you can do this!

Edited by overcome
  • Like 5

Glad to have you with us, @darcy. Thanks so much for posting. I, too, was reluctant/terrified to quit: Afraid of failing (again). Afraid of what life would be like without smoking to "soothe" me. Afraid that I'd never be happy again without cigarettes. Afraid of withdrawal. 11 months later I can tell you this:

• Life without the draining cognitive dissonance of loving/hating smoking is more liberating than I ever imagined it could be.
  • A lot of my ideas about how smoking "soothed" me were horse hockey, just my addiction making noise. Just like this post says: https://www.quittrain.com/topic/11789-nicodemons-lies-lies-truths/
  • I felt a lot better after I was fully free of nicotine. Withdrawal definitely sucks, no two ways about it. But it's temporary.   

If you're able to swim over 100 miles per year (wow), you have the grit to get through many difficulties. Quitting IS possible. And there is a posse of good people here to help. 

Just let go and fall... up.  

• Like 4

Darcy, most of us here have failed at least once or more in our battle to quit and stay quit. :Pick a date and give it a shot. The early days of quitting is something we all have to go through. It was rough for me but not as bad as I had imagined. Sound advice from Jillar about quitting and stopping the more severe damages from smoking. You want this and you can do this. Give it a chance and come aboard. best wishes.

• Like 4