Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dianne

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dianne

  1. Here!
  2. I walked 4 houses down the street and back (I feel the back important lol) Going to sit on the front bench and get some sunshine too
  3. Hi Janice You picked a great place to start at for your quit. Jump on in and join us in the path to feeling better and treating ourselves better!
  4. Almost through day 11. I keep thinking I going to post. Going to say something, anything. Words they keep coming and going. This is tough. I struggling with anxiety. It started with the steroids they gave me for the bronchitis and after reading here ...seems it a part of quitting too...I feel like this anxiety just piggy backing off the quit and what the steroids did to me .......I just holding onto the hope it all goes away....day 8 was tough......so emotional! Was so happy to go to bed that day....day 9 was great, because it was not day 8 lol lord help me and lord help my 3 cats and mom! Day 10 and today not as good as day 9... but not as bad as day 8....there are some postives...my sense of smell wow...this wheezing sound (every time I laid down) I could never decide if it in my sinuses or lungs and blamed on allergies...it gone! Just gone. (that is nice) My teeth looking better (at least I think so) I do have what I can only describe as a lighter feeling about me (at least when I not in the moment of anxiety attacks) I keep telling myself no not once not ever and sometimes just nope! I keep saying thank you Jesus for keeping me safe from cigarettes' today (over and over) and telling myself I am a non-smoker (and truthfully I am a bit proud of that right now) I did a couple short walks today (had to force myself to do them) they did help....took mom to the bank. Normally I would get out of the car smoke a cig while she in the bank....today I got out of the car and walked back and forth in front of the bank instead....seemed a small healthy victory
  5. I so sorry Linda! Maybe it would help if you looked back on some of the words and encouragement you gave others here. A reminder to yourself stay with us here ...one breath ...one moment at a time.... but stay on this train and be kind to yourself. You deserve that kindness. Wishing you the best Linda!
  6. I woke this morning and my pillow was drenched! (eww) I did not see any where else on the forums where this addressed. Is this really a thing with quitting? Has any one else had that happen after quitting?
  7. Makes sense to me Edy! When I decided I was done. It was because it not fun anymore. I was not gaining anything from it. The feeling of it killing me both physically and mentally was/is real for me....I get it....at least you came here and said it out loud....that a positive step!
  8. Still here. Working on day 6 now. Man.... I never ever want to repeat this last week in life. I will never want to go through this again. Right now it is that thought which keeping me going. So it has to stick. I think I only have one quit within me. I this whole feeling of now or never. I have post-it notes around my bedroom and the house, snippets of words, phrases from here that speak to me. In some ways I felt more positive getting through day 3 than 4 and 5....4 and 5 sort of bah humbug like the intense fight over? What left a daily grind of getting by and through....like I in it for the long haul.....odd feeling... not sure how to word it. I staying away from the back patio which is where I always smoked. I miss it, not going to lie, the smoke, the break out back. Had to laugh at myself as I was like wow I never get fresh air now....had to stop and think on those words and thoughts.....yeah right Dianne lol.... getting more fresh air now then I did in the last 40 years. In other randomness....cleaned out my purse, discovered I had 3 lighters in there (prepared and then some) The practical side of me was like could come in handy for a emergency. The realistic side of me was like....Dianne...you do not live in north country...you do not hike....you do not camp....then the question....do non-smokers carry lighters around in their purse? Is a honest question lol I had to ask a few...their answers so far have been no.....so I threw them in my dresser drawer....because I a non-smoker now....amazing the little things and thoughts you can get stuck on
  9. Day 3...using lines on myself all 2 hours of the morning I have been awake......isn't it nice I can have my coffee with out a cigarette ...isn't it nice I can wake and not go outside for a cigarette....isn't it nice I do not need a cigarette after breakfast.....isn't it nice I can brush my teeth and not go out and have a cigarette right after brushing them.....I think it going to be a isn't it nice day and a stay close to here day
  10. Hi Kdad I only on day 3 so no great advice. You came back to post you struggling and I can think of no better place to hang out as you struggle then here. I a new found respect for any who have quit. A deep respect for the journey and choice. Keep trying and do it!
  11. Dianne replied to Linda's topic in Socializing
    Not sure if this makes any one feel better or safer. But I and about 10 family members now have had both doses of the Pfizer vaccine. A sore arm the only complaint.
  12. Sounds funny to write it and say it. In all these years of smoking...sure I knew I was a smoker but the thought of addict. I never thought of that or chose not to. Being here one big day now.... I realize or acknowledge I am indeed a addict.....dangggggg
  13. Dianne replied to Linda's topic in Socializing
    Good luck jillar!
  14. I am holding onto to that (tightly I add) that others have done it and stayed the course. Thank you Boo
  15. Day 2, There great ideas in this thread and encouragement. I do not feel I can apply some of them right now....because of the bronchitis.... exercise is limited (for the moment) getting lots of sleep is out too because I am coming off the steroids and they seem not to like me and the anxiety attacks (add in the GERD)....it so rough right now.... I feel like I asking for pity ( I guess I am) I only on day 2 so for others who trying to quit cold turkey who want their health back and fighting off multiple other things on the way....I drinking lots of water and sugar free Gatorade...I pacing pacing pacing till I just stand in the kitchen and stare blankly at the universe.... then I come here and read or blankly stare at the screen....then... repeat it all again ...and each time I want that cigarette I remind myself how bad I want to breath and be healthy again and thank Jesus for keeping me safe from cigarettes' today (I must of said that 50 times yesterday) I hanging in and on that the best I can say.
  16. Thank you every one for your words, ideas and encouragement! I find myself staying here just reading, rereading and hoping I can fall asleep. And just make it to tomorrow. Again thank you!
  17. Hi my name is Dianne. I have been smoke free 1 day now. I am 56 and have smoked for 40 years. Have been sick with a upper respiratory infection which turned to bronchitis. Just came off the medicines (except for the inhaler) they gave me for that. Now I am convinced I also have GERD which making my breathing hard too (bought some Prilosec today in hope of help with that) I do not have health insurance or a doctor. I also am convinced I having anxiety attacks. I day smoke free and I feel like I falling apart in multiple ways. Trying to hang in. Came across this place in my searches of how to hang in...not doing so good but am glad I found a place to read other peoples experiences.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.