Daily exercise log for everyone :)

• 3 months later...

It's been a while since I checked in on this thread.  I've remained consistent with the workouts and over the last couple of weeks have started to clean up the diet.  

I designed a program that is both effective and efficient.  Workout four days-a-week(Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday).  Start off with fifteen minutes on the Concept 2 rower.  Then strength work: Monday and Thursday (Squats, Overhead Press, and Bench Press) Tuesday and Friday (Deadlift, Chin-Ups, and Farmer's Walk).  And I finish up the workout with five rounds of boxing on the heavy bag.

I've decreased the volume on my strength work dropping the number of sets to three and keeping the reps at five.  I've reached that age where you need to make sure you're not getting diminishing returns by doing more volume.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Me and a couple of the guys at work turned a garage space that we weren't using into a gym.  Nothing fancy, just the essentials: power rack, deadlift platform, flat bench, pull-up bar, barbells and plates.  Now, when I take a little pause for the cause at work, I can get in a few sets.

More of the guys are using the equipment everyday and a bit of healthy competition is getting the boys motivated.  Stumpy, who works in the warehouse, is one to keep an eye on.  He's short and built like a tree stump, thus the name.  Stumpy is a stout young man and can move some serious weight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2021 at 4:17 PM, Doreensfree said:

Good for you guys ....

Hey !!!....there is good stuff in little parcels.....

Go show em how it's done Stumpy......😁🐸

Stumpy is quickly becoming one of my heroes....He's like a mini-bull.  He has been working out consistently three-days per week, doing compound barbell lifts, and sticking with the plan of linear progression.  The young fella is getting stronger with every workout.  With his strength, wide build, and being low to the ground...Stumpy is becoming an immovable force of nature.

Stumpy even built a pair of Farmer's Walk handles that he uses at home...I'm proud of the boy.

• Like 1

I joined the YMCA of WNC recently. Been to 3 morning Rise & Shine exercise sessions so far...which is a good cardio workout and incorporates hand weights. 🏋️‍♀️ I have also used the treadmill and recumbent bike... hope to see some results by May 1st... they have an Olympic size pool but I am not ready for that yet! I also belong to Planet Fitness...but due to Covid couldn't  utilize the facilities. Now I have to cancel that membership...hope they don't give me a hard time! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rozuki said:

I joined the YMCA of WNC recently

Gee Rosuki, don't you get silver sneakers with your insurance.  I thought you had retired.  We can go the the "Y", planet fitness  and our community rec. center that has a beautiful pool.  They are all free through our insurance and silver sneakers.  My husband and I were loving the pool and the lazy river.  We haven't gone because of the pandemic.  When we get our second shot/vaccine, we will definitely go back. 

• Like 1

Did a 10km hike on Saturday and it felt so good to be close to nature, raising the heart beat and inhaling that fresh air.

When we stopped for a picnic at lunch time under the tree's, next to the river (so beautifulllll)  it was so sad to see 3 girls lighting cigarettes and 1 guy lighting a joint.  Despite making healthy lifestyle choices such as exercise, nicotine is clearly an extremely hard habit to break. One of the girls cites stress is a reason, but we all know smoking adds to tension and anxiety. 

Anyway that's her thing. I want a different life. 

Edited by PeachFuzz
  • Like 4

On 3/15/2021 at 11:09 PM, Mee said:

Gee Rosuki, don't you get silver sneakers with your insurance.  I thought you had retired.  We can go the the "Y", planet fitness  and our community rec. center that has a beautiful pool.  They are all free through our insurance and silver sneakers.  My husband and I were loving the pool and the lazy river.  We haven't gone because of the pandemic.  When we get our second shot/vaccine, we will definitely go back. 

Mee, no I don't.

I am on Medicare but have secondary health insurance for life (free) from my former employer. The Silver Sneakers program is if you purchase one of those medigap policies, in addition to Medicare, which would knock me out of my secondary insurance which gives me medical, meds, dental, vision, hearing and legal benefits!

YMCA and Planet Fitness are both very inexpensive but I don't need both!! Thanks for the info though....🏋️‍♀️