Time is speeding up

MLMR

Eight months done and dusted. Its been 25°C for some days now, probably too hot for this time of the year. I am so happy that it doesnt affect me at all: it means I did a good job dealing with these craves last summer, when I quit. In terms of seasonal triggers, I think I am safe to say Ive had the worst. Pretty uplifting idea!

Time is starting to speed up. I dont know how to describe it, but thoughts of smoking are turning into soft whispers in the background and the days that I hardly think about it are adding up. Its facinating, because I know Ive been working towards this and yet it strikes me as, well, relief? That it really was true, what everyone here said? And that it also works for me..? Working on it, fighting for it, studying on it, all that hard work is starting to really, really pay off now. More and more I am able to let go of holding on to quitting, if that makes sense.

Ofcourse I could make a giant list of pro's, but right now these are the most important:
* I saved money for more than half a piano (hence the picture).
* I save and still have extra money to spend in daily life, which makes me feel more independant.
* I feel so much better physicaly, its shocking.
* I take care of myself way better. What started as time biding and routine changing, became daily rituals: making ginger tea instead of coffee in the morning, tooth picking/brushing 3 times a day and discovering all sorts of new toothpaste, deep breathing (only managed to do that since i was at 6+ months. So glad I kept trying, its brilliant) and last but not least: slowing down when I am tired, mourning when I experience loss and need to proces and cheering myself up when I know thats what I gotta do (I used to be the person to sít in my sadness, put on Nick Drake and drown myself in it).

I really hope this helps you, if youre struggeling at the moment. Things will be better. Every day, even every minute is part of the bigger story. You WILL feel good again, you WILL feel proud eventually and you are doing this for a reason. Cling to it, write it down. Do what you need to, when you need to do it and know that there is never ever a genuine reason why you could not become a nonsmoker.

20190312_201948.jpg

Edited by MLMR
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

All I can say is good for you, sticking to it and reaping the benefits.  You put into words what I felt last fall as I had completed my 8th month.  It sneaks up on you but then it hits you hard that this is doable.  Job well done and thanks for the post - it really shows that not only can it be done but it is so well worth it!!!!!!

• Like 7

MLMR you have such an amazing way with words.  I feel the same but just could not find the words to express my feelings. I know smoking is a thing of my past and will never again be a part of my future.  

I feel like a different person.  A healthier person.  

That piano looks awesome.  Keep saving those pennies.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, MLMR said:

Time is starting to speed up. I dont know how to describe it, but thoughts of smoking are turning into soft whispers in the background and the days that I hardly think about it are adding up. Its facinating, because I know Ive been working towards this and yet it strikes me as, well, relief? That it really was true, what everyone here said? And that it also works for me..? Working on it, fighting for it, studying on it, all that hard work is starting to really, really pay off now. More and more I am able to let go of holding on to quitting, if that makes sense.

And there it is!

Trust the process.  The process never fails to deliver.

Congratulations MLMR.  You've done a great job and deserve to fully enjoy every benefit of quitting.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, efficacy said:

It's posts like this that make me realize I can do this! I need to simply put my head down and keep marching...(someone posted something like this?)

That's Bakon's line ..... Keep marching :) 

• Like 4