Hi you all! New member here

Max

Hi to all the friendly Quitterheros out there!

My name is Max, 32 years old, from Leipzig in Germany.

I smoked for about 18 years, minimum 20 smokes a day, during the last two years more like 40 to 50, so: disgustingly much.

I stopped smoking in the middle of Oktober 2017, so i am heading for 5 month right now. The first wild and aggressive time is over, but i am still very cautious and feel like carrying an egg of a hummingbird through the crouded Oktoberfest. I hope to gain some natural nonsmoking confidence over time.

Until that day i will check in daily, read here and follow your stories ;-)

Kind regards, Max

• Like 9

Hi Max. Congratulations on your decision to quit, and on the super 4+ month quit you have going on.

This place is chock full of supportive people and information and education about the addiction. I know being here can help you make your quit a sticky one!

Welcome aboard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Max said:

Hi to all the friendly Quitterheros out there!

My name is Max, 32 years old, from Leipzig in Germany.

I smoked for about 18 years, minimum 20 smokes a day, during the last two years more like 40 to 50, so: disgustingly much.

I stopped smoking in the middle of Oktober 2017, so i am heading for 5 month right now.

The first wild and aggressive time is over, but i am still very cautious and feel like carrying an egg of a hummingbird through the crouded Oktoberfest.

I hope to gain some natural nonsmoking confidence over time.

Until that day i will check in daily, read here and follow your stories ;-)

Kind regards, Max

Hello and welcome Max.  Congratulations on your 5 months of Freedom !

You are very smart to be cautious and protective of your quit.  Your quit IS precious.

We are nicotine addicts and will always be 'one puff away from a pack a day'.

Educate yourself all you can, it is the best ammunition for fighting addiction.

Don't forget to have fun !

Reward yourself copiously to jump start the dopamine levels in your brain that nicotine gangstered

and be assured, the journey gets easier.

S

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Max, glad to have you along on this journey.  Lots of good people here and great knowledge.  Awesome job on you quit to this point, 5 months is a strong foundation.  Oh and Oktoberfest, what memories.   

• Like 1

Hello and welcome Max! Quitting smoking is the best thing you can do for yourself :) You have over 4 months invested in this now which is very good! Keep up the great work and you will become a lot more comfortable with your quit. Remember to visit our NOPE page and make your daily pledge. NOPE stands for Not One Puff Ever and, that is all it takes to be smoke free for life :)

And yes, it can be a challenge to carry anything during Octoberfest!! 

6sFfNwB.gif

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 2

Hi Max- congratulations on stopping smoking.   It is smart of you to recognize you may still be tempted from time to time.  Reading & posting here will remind you why you quit & will remind you of how dreadful the first days (weeks!) of quitting can be-so dreadful you'll never want to go through it again!  I know I don't! 

• Like 4

Welcome aboard Max...glad you found us...

Great quit going there buddy...

Have a look around ...All the support you need to take you to freedom is right here.

This is a fun loving family here... Join in...post often ..enjoy the ride..!!!!