##MQ, the day is finally here! 1 year of freedom!!###

babs609

It's about that time...MQ is celebrating his one year of smobriety....big day, big day!!

One year ago... you put down the smokes forever.  During your travels on the smober path.. you joined a quit site...and boy oh boy...we are a lucky bunch that you did.

You're more than a friend...you are family. :D

I am so proud of you!!  Celebrate in a big way, you deserve it

Thanks for everything and most of all...for being you.

Congratulations! :good3: :yahoo: :girl_dance:

• Like 6

Well this is just all kinds of fantastic! A while year for the boss!

From the beginning it was clear to me that you knew how to quit, so I was always thinking 'if I could just follow that guy, I'll probably be OK'... And here we are, at your one year. Never had any doubt you'd get here, and you have been an inspiration to me any many others along the way.

And then you gave us this place... Don't think I can ever thank you enough for that, but... Thank you!

Hope you have some great plans for today, and some great tasting coffee planed for this morning ;)

Congratulations MQ - thanks for everything :)

• Like 2

When I first met MQ,I thought wow this guy has been through so much ,yet he is so strong...a insperation.....

He has been my hero from day one....he taught me how to face my fears....how to look at things differently....

He is also a terrific guy.,a friend..who will always give you the time .

He built this place.....I'm so glad I've been a part of it all....

Congrats on your 1 year.....and thank you....

Doreen xxxx

• Like 2

You guys are far too kind.  Thank you!  I will be celebrating today with a coffee from Starbucks during my lunch break and once home, followed by more coffee and this or even a couple of those. :)

Normally I never really made too much out of my quit milestones but this time it's been different for me.  I really am proud of myself because this is a HUGE achievement. When I look back at what has happened in the last year and I didn't smoke, it makes me hold me head high because I've been through some things that in the past that I would have used as an excuse to smoke.  Not this year.  :)

I am living proof that anybody can quit with the help of a good support group.  I can't say that I'd still be quit without Quit Train. 

Oh, by the way, this forum has a purpose and it will still be around for as long as people are still smoking.  We have our own history here and we're still making it.  This place isn't going anywhere, ever.

PS, coffee mugs (assuming the color is right this time) will be here very soon.  :)  More to follow on this shortly.

• Like 12

Congrats - that is a huge accomplishment 1 year is incredible. Without you there is no site, without this site many people on this train most likely

would have derailed themselves a while ago. Thanks MQ! I know I would be out having a smoke right now instead of posting if I didn't find the train

and the family here. 

• Like 6

Oh, MQ, I am so very happy for you!  You led the way, even for those of us who are ahead of you in our quits. I want to let you know how very much I appreciate this site and all you do for us.  I hope you are smiling all day today...it is a huge occasion!!

53ab2b4359893.jpg

• Like 2

Congratulations, MQ! Thank you for being such an inspiration to us newer quitters and for setting up this wonderful web site! You are one  of those people who really made a difference with your life. Enjoy life on the Lido deck!!

• Like 1

First off and as it should be - Massive congrats to your 1st year of smobriety. Good work on getting through all the hurdles and knowing you picked the right path so staying strong. I often hear you refer to tough times, I am unsure of those but congrats also, on getting through some potential triggers.

On a personal note, thank you for here. I would not have lasted at voldemort place, it was too much. I don't think my quit would have lasted without support. 

Some people are destined to create something that can change the world, the way to change the world is simply one person at a time and this place does that. I know you are proud, rightly so! Thanks for all you are and all you do for others! 

x

• Like 5