First Day

Hi everyone!

I decided earlier this week that I was going to quit cold turkey today.  My cravings are obviously outrageous already, as I normally start my day with a cup of coffee and a smoke.  Still had my coffee but no smoke.  I have a lot of support around me but am hoping to have more by joining this forum.  My husband also quit today.  This has been a long time coming and I really hope I can do this.  I am excited and scared.  I know the cravings will pass, I just need to (try and) be strong and power through. 

• Like 5

Welcome and Congratulations to you and your husband!  There is a lot of wonderful information in the Quit Smoking Discussions  forum that will help you learn about the addiction and what you can expect as you quit.  There are lots of kind and supportive people here, all who have been where you are now.  Please tour around the site and let us know how we can help!

welcome and fantastic news that you and hubby are doing this together

please do not be scared you can do this the pair of you nothing to be affraid of one step at a time, minute by minute, hour by hour

drink lots of water, take long walks

read here as much as possible and post so people can support you

this is the start of your new life - be excited  :D

No try... only do... Always.  Keep moving forward. 

The sucktasticness of a new quit is only temporary... the payoff is AWESOME!!!

Read... post...ask... drink water... breath and put your mind on other stuff.

Remember... when quitting with someone else... your quit is your quit and only your quit.

Keep on keepin on.

• Like 1

Fabulous decision!!  Absolutely right to be excited, this is the point a whole new life is going to start and I'm excited for you too.  There are some bits that are craves but if you're ready you wil bat them back.  

Keep posting how you're doing so we can support you with what you need. I think a forum was make or break for a lot of ex smokers, so a 2nd brilliant decision by you. Self belief is crucial, believe you can make it through today without smoking, no matter what - and you will. Then we will concentrate on each day/each situation/each crave as it comes for you. We are across all timezones too and 100% behind you!!

xx

• Like 1

Congrats to you and your husband on one of the best decisions that you could ever make.

There is no hope needed to quit smoking.  All you have to do is live by N.O.P.E. (not one puff ever) and learn about this horrible, deadly addiction.  Lots of good info and videos pinned to the top of the Quit Smoking forum. 

Stay close, post often and if you think you may cave and smoke, please post and S.O.S. in the S.O.S. forum and wait just a minute or two and somebody be there to help.  Myself, all the moderators and many members get alerts whenever a new thread is made in the S.O.S. forum and most go directly to our phones via email.

Thanks for joining our forum!

wow thank you for all of the responses and encouragement already!  I can tell this is going to be a great help :)

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and immediate support!

• Like 4

Hi and welcome on board the quit train, well done on making the best decision ever, stopping smoking, congratulation to your husband too, that will be a great help to you both, we all remember the scary feeling of when we first quit and its completely normal, read as much as you can on the addiction and remember that a crave is just a thought inside your head do not give it space to grow, looking forward to sharing your journey with you xx

HI!!!!

Welcome to our little family of quitters, I see you've already gotten some great advice, so I'll just say whats been said again,..post often... and read... and post!!

Congratulations on your new quit,  we're here for you, you just have to let us know how we can help. :)

Welcome and congrats on your quit! And congratulations to your husband too!

You've come to the right place for support!

I don't know if you knew already, but caffeine is going to affect you a lot more now you don't smoke, so watch out for that! I drink about half what I used to when I was a smoker!

Look forward to getting to know you over the coming weeks and months :)

Congrats on making the biggest and best decision you will ever make for yourself.

You can do this the craves pass fairly quickly.

drink fruit juice for the first few days it will stabilise your sugar levels.

look forward to getting to know you :-)

Welcome and congratulations to you and your husband making such a wise decision.  You already have been given excellent advise so I will just tell you when you are having a crave, take deep breaths and drink lots of water.  That got me through the beginning of my quit! 

Hello and welcome aboard....

Congrats to yourself and your hubby on your quits....

Read all you can ,and them some.....

Educate yourself about this addiction....understand what keeps you hooked....

You can do this......pledge every day,it does help....

Stay close to the board......

wow thank you for all of the responses and encouragement already!  I can tell this is going to be a great help :)

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and immediate support!

Lots of good advise already posted...

someone is around here  24/7, so we dont just welcome you, we will walk with you through this no matter what time you need some encouragement ....

Nicotine is highly addictive, there is no shame in shouting out for help.

We have all been at the stage you are in...and we are all beyond that stage because of the help of others..

I found out Its quite a roller coaster ride...but I am past the "scary" part, and now enjoying the ride.......

hop on!

Hello - welcome to the board a0d0423989cfe63dbac86525c36d6b54_zpsff34

You have already received great advice. - so I will just stress again how important it is to plan distractions for craves etc - it could be posting here, playing the games, exercise - anything to keep your mind busy!

Stay close to the board and ask fro help if you need it - you will find great support here a0d0423989cfe63dbac86525c36d6b54_zpsff34