It's 4 yrs For Boo Today !!!!

Doreensfree

Congratulations to my Partner in Crime....

4 Fabulous years ...

I carnt believe how fast the years have gone ...I remember that first encounter like it was yesterday ....we just hit it off ....

You are a much loved and respected around these parts ...

I hope you will always remember your Quit Journey ,as being fun

And Life changing ...

Your about to start the most amazing journey of your life ...

You are about to get the best reward ever .... Maddie May ...

Thank you for being a great Pal .....

Love ya Heaps...❤💙

61yNHOez8TL._AC_SL1114_.jpg

goat-bovine-and-frog-farm-cartoon-animal-vector-illustration-2ARBK7P.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Congratulations on your FOUR YEARS of FREEDOM, Boo !!

I am grateful you have shared your quit, your humor, your wisdom and your journey with us.

Hope you have a splendid fais do-do, bebe.

1753158399_2357(2).thumb.jpg.eb04f0ac788296d6b19c05f62f1cca03.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

giphy.gif

Woohoo...you bloody ripper mate....4 frickin years is fan-frickin-tastic....we are all so lucky to have you still here sharing your words of wisdom and sage advice. Thanks for the music education, have added quite a few artists to my play list who I never would have thought to check out our even know existed.

The new smoke free life you have built for yaself is an inspiration to many.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for the kind words and well wishes.

I celebrated my smoke-free anniversary by waking up early and going out for a run.  Some of you may be thinking: Boo doesn't know how to celebrate things.  Perhaps the early morning run was more of an observance than a celebration.  Observing the fact that I'm a very different person now than I was four years ago.  Back then, there was no way I was going to drag myself out of bed at 4:30 a.m. to go run in the woods.  I had neither the will nor the energy for that kind of thing four years ago.  It felt like a chore to do the few basics in the morning, between stepping out to smoke a cigarette every ten minutes, and not leave the house late.  Now I wake up feeling well rested and energetic; that was never the case when I was a smoker.

In fact, observing and being grateful for the process of quitting has been a recurring theme of my fourth year smoke-free.  The first year was a baptism by fire.  There were highs and lows.  Excitement and insecurity...it was quite a ride.  The second year was when things started to steady a bit, I was enjoying getting my sea legs under me.  The third year I was pretty much on cruise control.  This last year has been the most eventful year of my life.  Back in 2016, I hit a fork in the road and had to make some big choices.  I could have chosen to settle for less and condemn myself to a life of mediocrity.  Fortunately, the prospect of bigger and better things lured me to go in a different direction.  Quitting smoking was one of the first commitments I made in an effort to reach out and grab the potential that was there.  Committing to the process of quitting set off a chain reaction the likes of which I never expected.  The positive momentum picked up from that one decision was a game changer for me.  I will be forever grateful for the process.

The Quit Train was a major factor in that process and I am forever grateful for all of you fine folks who took the ride with me.  I gained knowledge.  I was offered support from day one.  I had full confidence that I could always get what I needed here, be it a pat on the back or a whack over the head from Doreen's frying pan I knew this Train was right on track.  The fear and trepidation of quitting quickly subsided as this place provided a lot of laughs and the opportunity to get to know some of the finest folks I have ever encountered.  Give yourself a round of applause Quit Train, you deserve it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Congrats, Boo! Quite an achievement you got there.....4 years quit is fabulous...and another achievement for you and Mrs. Boo coming soon! KTQ! 😎

image.png.1eb68c5aac633cfbcb7b83533966c26d.png  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1