Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Peace Train Is On The Lido Deck Today!!

Featured Replies

It's my great pleasure to welcome you to the Lido Deck PT.  Take a lounge here in the sun while we get you a fancy umbrella drink :) 

What a huge accomplishment being smoke free for a whole year - congratulations! 

Not only have you managed to quit smoking yourself but you have also helped so many others as well along the way.

 

Hope you do something really special today to mark the occasion ?

2elrspv.jpg

Huge congratulations on reaching the Lido Deck PeaceTrain!

 

I'm so glad to have you here and celebrate with you today, you are a treasure.

 

Enjoy the accolades, they are very well deserved.

 

Our beautiful Peace Train has arrived ....

I am delighted to share with you this day of fun and celebrations....

From the first day you found this little family ...your support ,your kindness... On board and off has shown what a exceptional loving person you are....

It is a honour to congratulate you today...the Lido Deck...has a VIP chair waiting...

Enjoy the day....more to come ...

Your friend ...Horney toad....Doorbell....Doreen xxxxxx

Whoop, whoop, PeaceTrain, fantastic news that you have reached the lido deck, I hope you are celebrating big style ..?

 

Oooww I see you got your glad rags on for your entrance to the Lido Deck..?

peacetrain.jpg

Congratulations on your first year Peace Train.

The first of many years of freedom deserves a special celebration.  Do something wonderful for yourself today; you did something wonderful for yourself last year, you just didn't know it.

5d5b3d1423a12ffb1a3f712f439a722a.jpg

 

What a pleasure it is to congratulate you today Peace Train! You have been such a big part of making this place the helpful and supportive community that it is. Wishing you very happy celebrating today.....you deserve it for all your hard work!

Congratulations!

Oh hell yeah!!

Congratulations!

 

Life is good. Enjoy YOUR day.

So proud for you PT!  You are such a wonderful member of this board.  Enjoy your special day!!

image.png.8a12b644fbadbc76705a3ef53d27725d.png

Congratulations, Peace Train.

This is a great day for you, for all of us.

You have a great quit !  and give such great help.

Thank you for quitting smoking.

s

Peace Train awesome job, congrats on the 1 year -- take time to enjoy completely!!!

Welcome to the lido deck, Peace Train.  Congratulations on 1 year smoke free. 

 

How-to-keep-your-dog-safe-and-at-ease-wh

 

Congratulations Peace Train! You have climbed a mountain & flagged the top! Enjoy the Lido Deck! So proud of you! 

Welcome to the Lido Deck PT.  Congratulations.

 

One of my favorite parts of being a rider on the Quit Train is being around long enough to watch folks transform from fresh-faced newbies to full-fledged, freedom loving, non-smokers.  Every now and again a newbie comes along and you just know you're looking at a future champion.  I think we all saw that when Peace Train took her place on the Quit Train.

 

Take full advantage of the amenities offered on the Lido and enjoy your day.  You earned it.

 

  • Author

Breaking News!!!

 

PT and a bunch of chicks from QT have left the ship and are at a hotel somewhere close to the pier.

Looks like things are in full party mode ?

200w.gif

I'm in the Tardis in case it is needed, Peace Train and your new free spirit animal joined me.

hummingbird.jpg.52f34dee9486f9ff2c7a29578497a64d.jpg

 

 

55 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

I'm in the Tardis in case it is needed, Peace Train and your new free spirit animal joined me.

hummingbird.jpg.52f34dee9486f9ff2c7a29578497a64d.jpg

 

 

I just watched a wonderful show about them last night. They are so magical. 

 

Thanks to to everyone for the sincere congratulations and good wishes!  It was really moving to read what all of you had written. After this incredible year, I feel like I really do know sone of you- you’ve been so supportive of me and I see and am touched by your kindness toward everyone who’s on this train. 

 

Today my husband took me to a local nursery to pick out a plant for the meditation garden he put in for me 15 years ago when we met. We got married in that same garden 6 years ago in June 16th. We ended up getting 4 perennials to commemorate this wonderful day. I will see these plants in my garden for years to come (hopefully) and remember this day He’s overjoyed that I quit and I know I’m lucky to have that support. Some people have to do this alone and I’ve had him and all of you the whole time. What a huge difference it’s made!

 

I did know, right at the beginning of this quit, that this time was different from the two previous attempts. I had educated myself the last time (in 2013) but I still had not mastered the mindset part- taking smoking off the table as an option. I did commit to myself on May 20th last year, that no matter what happened I was not going to smoke. It seems a simple thing but this was the difference maker for me. In part quit attempts I always had going back to smoking as an option that was kept in the far reaches of my mind as a fallback in case the going got too tough. 

 

I really do think that this is the reason it DIDN’T get TOO tough- my mind was made up that it didn’t matter- no smoking no matter what.

 

There were certainly times over the last year when I had to come on this board and get my head straight.  And some  of my  very conflicted relationships Have become more challenging because I’m no longer “smoking my feelings” but it’s all good and more honest in the long run. 

 

Thanks  for “listening,” all!  You’ve been a joy to ride with this past year. I hope I’ll be able to help others as you’ve helped me. A special shout out to my best buddies Doreen, Reciprocity, Nancy,  Boo and BKP and my newest friends Jo, Jillar, Lin and Weegie. Thanks for being here for me and for throwing this great party!  

 

You forgot bakon, jerkface.  

FB_IMG_1504922268485.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.