I smoked again!

Ferdinand

Hey guys,

I had been having dreams about smoking and craving cigarettes for about a month. I thought nothing of it and didn't ask for help, because I thought I was in control. Turns out I wasn't and I smoked half a pack this week.

I seem to have lost my resolve for some reason. Things have not been great recently, but that wasn't an issue for a really long time.

I hadn't been NOPEing for quite a while as well, which I realize now was a mistake!

Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know I'll be setting my new quit date soon. I'm a bit bummed, but I had failed many times before I made it this far!

I will not stop taking my daily NOPE pledges this time. I will take them as religiously as I did before.

And I will post about my cravings as soon as I get them from now on, no matter how long it's been since my last smoke :D

Cheers

• Sad 5

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again. A lot of us have failed a time or two but eventually it is all up to you to make the choice. I smoke or I don`t smoke. I use to kid myself that a few is not so bad. Better than a lot. It is still smoking and you end up failing again. Frustration can make you not care  but if you`ve made it this long, you know you have it in you to quit. Jillar is right on, why not start back up today? Best wishes.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, albert said:

Hey guys,

I had been having dreams about smoking and craving cigarettes for about a month. I thought nothing of it and didn't ask for help, because I thought I was in control. Turns out I wasn't and I smoked half a pack this week.

I seem to have lost my resolve for some reason. Things have not been great recently, but that wasn't an issue for a really long time.

I hadn't been NOPEing for quite a while as well, which I realize now was a mistake!

Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know I'll be setting my new quit date soon. I'm a bit bummed, but I had failed many times before I made it this far!

I will not stop taking my daily NOPE pledges this time. I will take them as religiously as I did before.

And I will post about my cravings as soon as I get them from now on, no matter how long it's been since my last smoke :D

Cheers

The saddest part about all of this is "I'll be setting my new quit date SOON".

You are re-igniting so many more brain receptors to respond to nicotine with EVERY PUFF.  UGH.

What ?  Why ?

Of course, you are bummed.  You threw away a beautiful quit.

Now,  you must build a STURDY one.  NOW.

Examine your weaknesses and shore them up with many layers of NOPE.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I used to think that a period of contemplation was necessary before quitting but I don't believe that now. I had compromised circulation in my leg and when I was told on the 22nd August 2019 that it was 10% worse than my 2018 test, I quit on the 23rd August.  

There's no point putting it off, it will just be harder to bin the damned things if you wait. I know you won't want to hear that probably but it's just the simple truth.

My leg is improving each and every day now.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm...interesting that you posted this in the SOS section AFTER you smoked.  You're supposed to do that BEFORE you smoke!  Anyway, hope you quit again soon.  The longer you wait, the harder it gets to quit again.  Good wishes to you!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

So sorry to read this Albert.  You had a wonderful quit going.  Those cigarettes do nothing but shorten your life.  Don't let them control your life!  How about hopping back on the train!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mightyboosh said:

I used to think that a period of contemplation was necessary before quitting but I don't believe that now.

Contemplation.  Preparation.  Motivation.  This is what we told ourselves we were doing.

Procrastination.  This is what we were actually doing.

The process of quitting could not be more simple: don't put things in your mouth and set them on fire.  Commit this one rule to memory and you're good to go.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, albert said:

That whole "soon" thing was the nicotine talking. I recognize that now.

I've been through this before, I had simply forgotten.

Thank you all for the reminder.

NOPE!

Yay !  Your higher brain kicked in !

Crazy how quick the addict takes over, horrifying really.

So happy today is your quit day.

I'll get the band...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, albert said:

That whole "soon" thing was the nicotine talking. I recognize that now.

I've been through this before, I had simply forgotten.

Thank you all for the reminder.

NOPE!

I'm glad to hear this, Albert.  "Soon" is the addiction trying to trick you.

Glad you see you NOPE.  That is the way to go.  Realizing that nothing good will come out of taking another puff and resolving to never take another puff is the key. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1