SOS....someone please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My daughter is having a baby and I promised I would quit when she got pregnant...

Abby1960

Hi Abby, congratulations for your daughter! (And you!)

Now, please can you tell is a little more - are you already quit and need our help to get through some craves, or are you planning to quit and you are asking for our advice?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Hiya Abby and welcome, yep there are others on here that quit due to grandkids so they would know exactly how you are feeling, when is your grandchild due?

They really are a great motivation to help you quit but you also really need to want to quit aswell.

Check back in and tell us more, tell us your story and we Can try help you.

Hey Abbey - welcome to the board - let us know how we can help - we are here to support each other ! Also make sure you read as much as you can - there is heaps of great information here. Looking forward to hearing more from you

Hands up and step away from the cigarettes.

Turn around and walk slowly towards the sound of The Train ...

We're waiting for you in the Party Car. It's a blast, but you really need to be here to see ...

Easy Peasy

• Like 3

Congratulations on being a GRANDMA !!!!

And the coolest thing about it is your grand baby never has to see his grandma sucking on a death stick. You can rewrite your family history right here. Right now.

Hope you stick around. You can do this.

Hey Abby.... how's it going today?...

if you feel like talk'n about whats going on we're here to listen...

if you need to just vent, scream, ramble,...... we can do that,

if you have questions, there's lots of us and lots of good advice..

it's whatever you need....

and when you're ready...

we'll be here for you. :)

• Like 2

Thank you for all your support...I haven't quit yet and I was wanting to hear about how everyone quit smoking...People who went cold turkey, Chantix, the patch or the gum...I quit for 5 years in 2000 until 2005.  Then got around my sister and bummed a smoke from my sister and that is all it took...I also quit when I was pregnant with my 2 babies....my daughter and her husband don't want me near the baby...even if don't smoke in front of the baby, they won't even let me smell like smoke, they won't let me hold her...I NEED everyone's advice on what worked for them....I am in love with my cigs and I think I am going to go nuts without my smokes...

Abbey, honestly, if you really think you are 'in love with your cigs' then you are never going to be able to quit smoking properly - you will always feel like you are missing out on something. What we need to do is get you to see how stupid cigarettes are, to educate you do that you know how crazy it is to smoke.

Maybe it will come down to the fact that you've got to make a choice - smoking or grandbaby?!

I quit cold turkey, but I knew for along time I wanted to quit, and after I quit I knew I never wanted to smoke ever again.

• Like 2

Abby,

For right now, this very moment, make a firm decision to quit and no matter what, protect that precious quit of yours.  Once you put out your last cigarette, you become a non-smoker.  Then we need to learn about this addiction so we can prepare ourselves for cravings and other issues that may or may not arise.  The key to staying quit is education and commitment.

Right now you're believing in the lies of the cigarette.  In reality, you do not love your cigarettes and you don't enjoy smoking.  That is the nicotine addiction talking. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVEyGdqwjmQ

This is my quit journey.  :)

Stay active here and post away.  Post what you're struggling with, watch the videos in Joel's Quit Smoking Library, the documentaries here on smoking and tobacco and read, read and then read some more.

We're here to help 24/7.  Once you quit and you feel like you're going to slip up and smoke, post an S.O.S. so we can help.  Myself, the moderators and several members get instant alerts to their phones and email whenever an S.O.S. is posted.

Just remember that anybody can quit and that Abby, includes you.  :)

• Like 1

You can do this Abby!  A new baby is exciting and even more exciting is that the baby will not know you as a smoker! 

The method you choose to quit is not nearly as important as your desire to quit.  You have to want it and you have to be willing to stick to it no matter what.  It's the only way.