What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Channeling my inner Evel Knievel.

We had a baby shower at the house today for Sugar Britches.  I'm not sure about the rules on these things, but I always thought that was a ladies only event.  So as not to be in the way, I got together with some guys from work and rode dirt bikes on some trails up on Flat Top Mountain.

It is ridiculous how much fun I had out there.  Only dumped the bike once when I hit a tree root covered by wet leaves.  To my credit, I landed a couple of jumps in spite of having not been on a dirt bike in years.

I've decided to get myself a sweet jumpsuit and cape.  Don't be a hater.

image.thumb.png.7622f53e847df56f09e93f25ffdd0147.png

• Haha 6

Watching a tribute to John Landy, former State Governor, 2nd Person to break the 4 minute mile, world record holder, Olympic Gold Medalists and the star of the greatest Aussie sport moment ever. Passed yesterday at 91. VALE.

This bloke was one of geros growing up. We were always told about him regardless, of the sport I competed in, when we're were being taught sportsmanship. 

@Cbdave keepin all you mob north of the boarder, and the cockroaches, in my thoughts and hoping the rain eases soon. 

• Like 3

Gday jo

shit oh bugger bugger bitch bum. 
I’m worried about myself and the flood levels over next couple of days.

But how about those folk in Lismore!

The water comes up so fast they are trapped and climb on there roofs.

They are saved by ordinary Jo blows and there home boats. 
It’s all about the community.

I’ll sort my place out.

Then I’ll get some time off work and join the “mud army” and do my stuff like 2011.

No use blaming the government. 
Just get out and do what is needed

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

@Cbdave glad to see your message. Hope you have power and not too much damage. Stay safe and Viva la Mud Army and all those who saw a way they could help and did.

Lismore was terrifying, so quick too. You are right, no point blaming the government, just gotta roll up our sleeves and get it done. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Boo said:

Channeling my inner Evel Knievel.

We had a baby shower at the house today for Sugar Britches.  I'm not sure about the rules on these things, but I always thought that was a ladies only event.  So as not to be in the way, I got together with some guys from work and rode dirt bikes on some trails up on Flat Top Mountain.

It is ridiculous how much fun I had out there.  Only dumped the bike once when I hit a tree root covered by wet leaves.  To my credit, I landed a couple of jumps in spite of having not been on a dirt bike in years.

I've decided to get myself a sweet jumpsuit and cape.  Don't be a hater.

image.thumb.png.7622f53e847df56f09e93f25ffdd0147.png

You,ll always be a hero to me Boo...👌😁😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Kris I don't think allowed is the right word coming from the @Boo clan. I imagine it'll more likely be a question of will boo2 want to ride.

My first motorcycle was a Peugeot moped and I loved it. I went on to buy a few bikes, some street, some dirt and some Enduros aka duelsports. My twin brother however never got into riding lol

• Like 2

Wow Jillar I'm impressed..hell riser ...

Kris ...I'm thinking Papa Boo will have so much fun with Jackson ...but mostly to do with water ....

7 minutes ago, Kris said:

I am off to the kitchen to make real food, chicken pot pie, swiss steak and lasagna.  If I cook when I feel well I can freeze for when I feel like crap. Just take something out and add easy stuff. Does any one else do this?

Kris ...I cook and freeze alot of meals ....when I'm in a rush .( Ha)...I know there is always a good meal to be had ...🐸

• Like 2

Grew up with the dirt bikes, our hang out as teens was a place we called stump jumpers.  I never drove just a passenger, lots of muffler burns, falls and one meeting of a tree limb and my forehead. Never got on one again. Trust me the son picked lots of activities that scared the crap out of me. Jumping off cliffs into the lake, pole vaulting, fire dancing (you know where they light those little balls on fire and swing them around), thank god I don't know about the rest.

@Doreensfree I find the best way to go when you live alone.  I have never found the frozen dinners at the store to be good.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, jillar said:

@Kris I don't think allowed is the right word coming from the @Boo clan. I imagine it'll more likely be a question of will boo2 want to ride.

On a related note...couldn't help but notice that Yamaha makes a nice little 50cc dirt bike.

I'm thinking that starting up the Moto-Boo crew would be a perfect opportunity to bond with the young 'uns.  Sugar Britches gets bogged down with details: "She can't even ride a bicycle yet and he hasn't even been born yet."

And that's why I'm the fun parent.

image.png.137df5df65208fa3eb5a36b705b98ff9.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Eating little piggies in a blanket that my California mom made for me yesterday for my birthday. Then I'll have Klondike pizza for dinner that my friends across the street brought me and triple chocolate cake for dessert 😊

Oh yeah also I got a 36 pack of Coors light, $20.00 from the in-laws and some (losing) lottery tickets. 

I have to say that in spite of thinking and telling people I was 58 all last year this year that I actually AM 58 is looking pretty good so far😋

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Happy Birthday!! Hope you know how much you mean to thousands of strangers!!

Since you were 58 last year, or so you thought, you get to pick what age you want to be this year. I recommend 29, young enough to enjoy everything and old enough to know better.

Edited by Kris
I am still not a good typist
  • Thanks 1