What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Craving some fried okra.  I just finished reading a post by Kris in another thread and could go for a heaping helping of okra right about now.

Also, looking for a bit of sympathy.  I smashed my middle finger today when I went to catch a cylinder of argon that was falling over.  It is already starting to swell up.  Jeff from the warehouse only asked: "that's not your whacking off hand is it?"  So...I'm getting no sympathy from the guys I work with.

sad homer simpson GIF

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Boo said:

that's not your whacking off hand is it?"

You should have said it was and I bet you would have gotten all kinds of sympathy 😂😂

But seriously, hope it feels better soon.🤗

• Haha 4

@Boo I would suggest you get some seeds on your next visit to a home improvement store.  This will be something special you and Maddie get to do this spring when her brother arrives. Have you grown veggies in the past.  It is something I did and do with my grandson. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kris said:

@Boo I would suggest you get some seeds on your next visit to a home improvement store.  This will be something special you and Maddie get to do this spring when her brother arrives. Have you grown veggies in the past.  It is something I did and do with my grandson. 

I haven't done any gardening on my own, but spent a fair amount of time helping tend to my grandparent's garden when I was a kid.  Mostly green beans, peas, and tomatoes.

I was planning on growing muscadines here at the house a little while back but got sidetracked.  I will probably get started on that next Spring.

Why is it that when we hurt a small part of our bodies they seem to hurt the worst.  I once slammed a finger in the car door, so much blood and pain. Had to go to the ER and had the finger nail removed.  Had an ingrown toenail and had to have it removed, OMG the pain after. Had a sparkler break off and hit the thumb nail.  Burned a hole straight thru. ER again, so much pain. I never lit one of those again and refused to let my son be anywhere near them. 

I have had major surgery and not that much pain, OK so maybe the heavy pain meds did help LOL

• Like 2

Gday

mmmmm… got some frozen ham slices tucked away. Really thick juicy buggers. Double smoked.  Some fresh asparagus. Make some cauliflower mash. Some Julianne carrot for sweetness.

Your caper cream sauce sounds the “glue” to tie the meal together.

Some low fat cream cheese, capers of course and a bit of mustard powder.

mmmmmmm.

Not cold here cause it’s still summer but a cold change has dropped the humidity drastically. Perfect for a change of meals from grilled meats and salads.

• Like 5

G’day 

I’m listening to the rain pour down. It’s been doing that since Wednesday and we’ve had over 700 mm of rain that’s 28 inches but can’t be sure as my gauge overflows at 150 mm. So it’s flooding in Brisbane. Will it be as bad as 2011? Hope not but it’s still bad,rains not due to stop till tomorrow. 

• Sad 2

G’day 

Dam levels are at 160 per cent so they are starting to release water into

the Brisbane river. The projections are that 1400 homes will go under but that is probably to go up with the effect of local rain and runoff. Power is being turned off to Brisbane city as flooding will fill the power substations beneath the buildings. That means no trains as well. We are cut off north by flooding west at the rangers Toowoomba and Cunningham gape are closed. So south is still open but the intense rain cell is slowly heading that way. 6 deaths so far from the floodwaters. Praying that there will not be any more.

2011 was supposed to be the 1 in 100yr flood but this one could beat that.

A680F8A2-E22F-4F52-992B-8CDF15AA0937.png

• Sad 4