Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What are you doing right now

Featured Replies

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 578.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Dyed Easter eggs for the first time in what seems like forever tonight.  Maddie had fun with it and Papa Boo has figured out that using a tarp like a drop clothe makes cleaning up after a toddler art

  • Just watched my last grand baby graduate.  He grew up so fast.  A very special grandson.

  • Just got back from the pulmonologist and he said I don't have Fibrosis! Yippee!!!! I responded well to the z pack and after I get this blood pressure down you guys will be stuck with me for a while lo

Posted Images

@jillar Those people are crazy 😂😂 No way for me, to many critters! It is fun to watch😂

  • Author

Baking....cos wot else does one do at 3am on a work day.... although reckon I should made something Mexican themed instead of Vietnamese Ice coffee bickies (cookies).

I am having another one of those sloth days.  Need to decide what to do about dinner.  I don't have the energy, like Jo, to cook at 3 AM.  Maybe I could just show up at the house and beg for dinner. Naw, I can't drive that far LOL. I think it will have to be chili dogs or beanie weenies.  Mind you I don't eat crap every day. I think I have been influenced by all the Naked and Afraid comments. Just find something to eat since I have stayed in the pj's all day. (my version of naked)

@Kris That's ok, I had one of those days too!!!  Lol

I just ate a frozen macaroni and cheese!!

You have done better than me. I just made some rotel cheese dip and had that with a few fritos.  I did have a proper dinner yesterday, ribeye steak, roasted aspar agus and black eyed peas.  Still in that tired don't give a darn mood  but I am much better since we talked.  I am counting the minutes until I think I can go to bed and sleep.  How is Lily?  Is she feeling better? I did manage to get enough strength to bath one dog and give him a trim.  He is still mad.  He will be more angry when I take him to the groomer and get everything shaved off for the summer.  Have a great evening!!

@Kris Lily is doing better. Glad your feeling a little better today.

You have a good night too!! Your dinner last night sounds great.

Watching "You've got mail" Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan in the good old days.  Good romantic comedy, Wish movies were made like this today.  Fun for the family no foul language. No violence, no nude or so called inferred things,  They make some and I have my head in the sand.

 

Watched some Lonesome Dove earlier today and the pulled out my copy of  John Waynes' the "Quiet Man".  Trying to keep engaged to help deal with the demon cravings.  Please let me know of other movies you love, I need to expand and add new favorites to my dependable list.  Hope every one is doing well with their quit.

I’m into gentle stories these days, too, Kris. Some Pixar movies, but mostly tv series I can stream/binge with familiar characters and positive themes. Star Trek Next Generation (love Roddenberry’s faith in humanity formula). Great British Baking Show. Somebody Feed Phil. All Creatures Great and Small. Ted Lasso. Downton Abbey. M*A*S*H. Grace and Frankie. The other thing I do is listen to audio books while falling asleep, doing projects with my hands or snuggling with the cats. My favorite soothing audiobook series of all time is the Brother Cadfael mystery series narrated by Patrick Tull. (Start with “One Corpse Too Many.”) Favorite and dependable, for sure!

  • Author

Oh I omly bake at 3am because of insomnia.

 

Got a request for fairy bread bickies from the guy at works 3yo...so cute...will whip some up before work Monday.

Will be a big baking day tomorrow for the mothers day hampers for my mum and my ex nanna, She is the kids Great Nanna so I still get her stuff.

Contemplating the fact that I was guilty of two of the seven deadly sins tonight, and that was just at suppertime.  I grilled Korean Barbecue for the first time tonight.  Took a brisket, sliced it paper thin, and made Bulgogi.  So long as I'm bragging about my culinary skills, I also made the marinade and Ssamjang sauce myself.

 

I take pride in how well my barbecue turned out and gluttony was bound to ensue.

  • Author

So happy mothers day to me, and all the other mums...

 

I'm about to make some thick gravy (um I think you yanky doodles might call wot we call gravy something else cos your gravy is very pale and lumpy) to mix with the rump I slow cooked yesterday (brisket?).. to make little pies/pastizzi. I've got the roast chook and bacon breadbaskets in the oven... the vegan spag bol mix is cooled and ready to go into the vegan pastizzi...ice coffee bickie (cookies) dough is in the oven just chillin and I'm about to start the medejaci (Serbian honey biscuits).

 

But right now, this second, I'm having a cuppa.

Perusing an online article with 77 recipes you can put together using strawberries.  The Tennessee Strawberry Festival is underway here in my neck of the woods.  We've got a parade.  We've got live music.  We've got a classic car show.  We've got a "distinguished young woman" pageant.  We've got vendors selling arts and crafts.  And of course, we've got strawberries for days.

 

If you're in the neighborhood, swing by and say hey.

image.png.81d5434879ac1b5267449347f8b311c1.png

Getting all of my ducks in a row to start my next project.  I'm building a small greenhouse on Boo Acres.

 

I already have more than enough cedar to frame up the house.  Yesterday, I picked up a truckload of old windows from a friend of mine that flips houses.  All the windows cost me was a case of Yuengling beer...a good deal.  

 

We're starting small and learning on the fly, but becoming increasingly food independent is more important now than ever.

image.png.2b8ebb5b417459ab2dd2412aee1bf1f5.png

  • Author

Guess wot... for something new I'm baking bickies....lol. special request from one of the blokes at work for his daughter.... here's a pro tip though....when stiring boiling butter to see if it's burnt enough DO NOT splash yaself cos it burns like buggery.

13 hours ago, Boo said:

Getting all of my ducks in a row to start my next project.  I'm building a small greenhouse on Boo Acres.

 

I already have more than enough cedar to frame up the house.  Yesterday, I picked up a truckload of old windows from a friend of mine that flips houses.  All the windows cost me was a case of Yuengling beer...a good deal.  

 

We're starting small and learning on the fly, but becoming increasingly food independent is more important now than ever.

image.png.2b8ebb5b417459ab2dd2412aee1bf1f5.png

Sometimes it's a case of Who you know ...not What you Know ...

Sounds like you had a great deal there ....

It Must be all those Farmers Walks you have been doing in the past ..👍😁🐸

farmer-walking-animation.gif

  • Author

Right now I am queueing to vote.

Then I'll be getting a democracy snag for the kid.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.