Finally [Mrs. Sarge]

After 3+ years, Mrs. Sarge is giving it another go and this morning she begins Day 6 without a cigarette. No "attempt" in the last 3 years was more than an hour or 3 of "I'll just see how long I can go", and the previous serious attempt of 17 Nov 2011, when The Sarges "quit together" (riiiiiight) when she didn't even make it 24 hours.

She is, however, sucking fast and furiously on a Marlboro-branded e-cig / vape sham on a continual basis ... but we'll take what we can get for now.

For now.

The Sarge strongly suspects a simple trade of one addiction for another will be the net result, but ... baby steps, right?

Easy Peasy

• Like 17

This is great news! I imagine, from reading your OP, that her going days smoke free is a big thing, huge in fact. She must be over the moon.

Even if she is in fact just trading one type of addiction for another Sarge she is currently cig free. Opens the door for her to see for herself, in a calmly fashion, that she in turn can be free of it all. I haven't used the cig a like types myself but do know, from experience, that the PV type ones are pretty straight forward in executing an total escape. Obviously if that turns out to be her plan.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Mrs. Sarge has been off the e-cig for a full week now.

Sarge's suspicion was wrong. Looks like she's one of us now.

Easy Peasy

* She did just buy 8 10-packs of gum, though. 400 pieces of gum over 400 smokes - We'll take it.

• Like 8