Marti - First Quit was 364 Days - This one is 365 and counting!

El Bandito

One year. 12 months. 52 Weeks. 365 Days. 8,760 hours, 525,600 minutes. 31,536,000 seconds since my quit buddy Marti smoked a cigarette. 11,000 cigarettes not smoked.

Well, we think so, anyway. 

Quit tickers are temperamental things at the best of times and in the hands of Marti, they are nothing less than mysterious riddles.

But it has been a year or so, trust me. :-)

There was a time that every single second was a fight, a victory. We lived out the ferocious battle blow by blow.

There was a time when it was all Marti could do to focus on pouring her life and soul into her blog, focusing on anything but lighting a cigarette. (Not read her blog? Go Do it. Now. I’ll wait.)

Back? Good.

Gradually - she realised that her posts helped. That her empathy gave people hope, gave them encouragement. 

When someone struggles, when someone wants to cry, Marti is there with a tissue.

When someone needs a smile, more than anything else, they read Marti in the “Cursing thread”. 

The word ‘Twunt’ is, I am certain, going to be included in the Oxford Dictionary very soon.

As seconds, became minutes, became hours, became days; Marti realised that not only could she do this quitting thing, she could do anything. I watched the confidence and self esteem bleed into her. Day by day the power of the quit seeped into every aspect of her life. I have watched a grey insipid smoker blossom into the powerful inspiring young woman that was always there, hidden under a cloud of smoke.

There are days where Marti faces and handles more ‘stuff’ than I do in a month. Then goes to bed, gets up and does it all again. 

As a quit buddy - she is immense. She knows when to nudge me and when to leave me - but if I need her? She is there. 

Thanks QB.

If someone is reading this post and can honestly say “I never read a post from Marti that resonated with me” then I tell you this, you need to read some more.

Thank you for everything that you do.

The fella, the girls - even old cranky are all very proud of you.

Im honoured to know you'

So, Marti you effing twunt - welcome to the Lido deck. White wine for you love?

• Like 10

Big Congratulations Marti on 365 days and counting :)  So very proud of you mate.  It has been an honour to share the journey with you.  Celebrate big, you deserve it :)

congratulations39.jpg

Love your Aussie friends

Dors  & Ralph (woof)

• Like 1

Mari.....it's been a honour to have met and travelled sometimes this long hard bumpy journey together....

I have laughed at your posts.....

I have cried at your posts.....

I'm so proud ,you dug your heels in.....no matter was has been thrown at you....you wanted this quit.....

You are a amazing beautiful lady.....who deserves the very best of life....

Dreams come true sweetheart....

Love you heaps....

Hugs

Doreen xxxxxx

• Like 1

This makes my heart happy Bandito, thank you so very much. At the risk of sounding overly gushy and lovey, you really did save my life more times than you will ever know and kept some sanity...in your defense I started with less than the average Joe :)  Love ya an, it's been a journey and a half and I will always be there for you.

In the usual way that happens life got in the way of the celebrating, but please know I am literally bouncing around like tigger with excitement at this milestone and have been for a good day or so now...and crying at the lovely words.

Happiness is being sure you're on the right path, thanks for the steering me all here when I tried to veer off course.

Off to bulk purchase kleenex tissues.

x

Glad to have you on deck, Marti!

There is nothing I can say that hasnt been said...or wont be said...you are admired by everyone here. You really did rock this quit!

Congrats, and thanks..you have made your 1 year mark, and have helped countless others reach their goals!

• Like 1

yay Marti`s on the deck lets get this party started  :yahoo:

congratulations Marti, Its finally here, you struggled and fought your way through and inspired many on the way, its been an honour to have shared your journey with you, spoil yourself today, get drunk and go easy on Chris  :rolleyes:

anniversary70.gif

• Like 1

Love this for you Marti - you are so deserving to celebrate such a great milestone - you are truly an amazing woman an it has

been a privilege getting to know you the last 7 months.  Massive Congrats  

XXXX 

• Like 1

Oh, Marti, I just don't have the words to tell you how happy I am for you.  You are such a wonderful, loving, inspirational and whacky person...you have been a blessing in my life.  Since it is much later where you are, I assume you have already moved on to:

thumb_600.jpg?1280682830

Don't forget the buffet...

cena-cbuffet-apodanno-futurarte.jpg

and here is the bubbly for toasting...

Champagne-Toast-300x294.jpg

Oh, I see you and Chris found the dance floor...Stu and Bakon will be cutting in, soon

marlaarcher020.jpg

Hope you have the most fantabulous day, ever!  Love you to peices!

• Like 2