It's finally decided.....Wendesday 4/9/2014

Hello All! My quit journey started 01/04/2012 at 4 PM. On that quit, it was quite easy. I put down the cigarettes and walked away from them for three entire months. During that time I felt the best I have in YEARS! I felt wonderful, and I felt fantastic!

Then, stupid me listened to that inner voice........'Just one puff'. Well, like an idiot, I did that just one puff, but it wasn't just 1 or 10 or 1000 or 10000. It's been so many puffs, I don't even want to think about them. My inner voice doesn't want me to think about them.

Since I first quit, I have had quit from 5 months to 5 days, but neve the sticky quit. It's now time.

I have been ashamed to join any message boards, but I do know I need a place to put my words. So, here I am.

I am not free from nicotine. I saw a post from Amy saying Wednesday is her quit date. I like that date. That is now my quit date. I may smoke anywhere from 0 to 100 cigarettes between now and then. Zero would be optimal. However, I do know Wednesday 4/9/2014 will be smoke free.

Thank you Amy for making me commit to a date. Tomorrow never comes, but Wednesday 4/9/2014 WILL come!

• Like 11

It's rather ironic...... When I last had a long term quit, I created http://www.quitmeterfree.com. I wanted to see my stats the way I wanted.

(NO this is not a promotion for the site.)

I loved watching the time and cigarettes NOT smoke go up.

It took me several months to finish the site, and do you know what I did when it was finished? I lit up. I rewarded myself. How terribly stupid can I be?

I rewarded myself with chaining myself back to this terrible addiction that I had broken free of.

Well, my mind is finally right. I will conquer this addiction. I will crawl to hell and back on my knees to free myself from this addiction!

• Like 2

The past is in the past, we all did silly things and learnt from them. Quitting and restarting taught us the lessons we needed to learn, the ones that mean we seek the right support from the right places to make sure this time sticks! I know this team will help you as they did me, as will I. Anything you need. xx

• Like 2

Welcome IamDoingIt!  I have no doubt you will see your meter rack up the days and cigs not smoked!  When you hit a bump, we will be here to pick you up and send you on to freedom!

• Like 1

Spend the next couple of days learning about nicotine addiction, it really helped me. I'm glad you're here, great decision.

^^^^Great tip....

iamdoingit....you know when you said that last time you rewarded yourself with a smoke? Isn't it fabulous though that this time you see that old thought for what it is, a lie. That in itself is a fabulous mindset to start off with....you'll have a sticky quit this time....I can feel it in my bones. Am looking forward to you posting and sharing your achievement with us. I'm a huge Disney fan....just love a happy ending :)

• Like 1

I decided about 2 weeks before I quit to do it.

The anticipation was WAY worse than the actual quitting, so I am glad for you that you are choosing a day in the very near future.

Once you quit and 'take smoking off the table as an option' it's done.  No more inner debate.  Sure, it's not the easiest thing in the world but it's totally doable.  And how great to get that monkey off your back again.

Welcome and congrats!

• Like 1

Hey IAmDoingIt!

Welcome to QT and congrats on your decision to quit. :D 

You've found a great place for support/information. Stay close to the board and post as often as you'd like! We can all relate to what you're going through.