I'm so sad:(

NeedforSpeedHM

Tonight we had to send our beloved 13 yr old German Shepherd to heaven. We miss her terribly, tonight and the next few months are going to be difficult, I can't stop the tears and feel empty without her here. She was extremely loyal and loving, quite possibly the perfect fur baby. Never an easy choice, but even with the pain, we know we made the right decision. Loss sucks , and I just wanted to unload, a few if you know how I was with her. My daughter and her pretty much grew up together,which makes this even harder. I hope for easier days ahead... This really sucks:(

awww cher massive hugs to you, yes they attach themselves to our hearts Im so glad she was loved so much 

so sorry for your loss 

very sad but you did what was right and not let her suffer anymore xx

So sorry, Cher.  You gave her a gift of selfless love.  Never easy but when it's time, we can't let our furry family members suffer for one minute when no hope remains.  German Shepherds hold a very special place in my heart and although I'm not in your shoes, I've had to put two of them down way too early.

Hang in there, Cher.  Tough days ahead but as you know, the load lightens with time.

Big hugs Cher, that is such a hard thing to do... In situations like this, I try to remember that it was the kindest thing to do, and also how happy you made them when they were still with you. Not sure anything else I can say will help, but I am thinking of you.

Oh Cher. :(

I know how much you loved her. You were always posting pics and spoke so lovingly of her. the bond you shared was evident. She had a great life and was a lucky pooch to have you in her life. She's with you always.

Sucks that they don't live long.

Hugs honey!

Aww Cher, it's just horrid isn't it?

Losing the member of the family is heartbreaking isn't it, I feel for you.

When we lost our two beloved dogs I brought 'some comfort' to my daughters and I hope it brings some to you...

I told them that although it might seem strange you'll see them again in five minutes. I said that time is not the same in heaven and by the time they have their dinner, a drink and a run we will be there again with them, that in their time it's only five minutes and what's five minutes?

Just think five minutes Cher xx

HM...So sorry..Know how it feels.  A few years back, lost my 14 year old Korat to kidney failure, a slow progression to nothing.  I cried for days..it's like a kid...Hang in there!

RB_Poem_Gate.jpg

RainbowBridge.com

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Author unknown...