Challenge accepted

AceWhite

Long well worn road to get here, but finally I have arrived-

I gave up nicotine once before, but somehow after many years she showed back up in my life.

Its been a love/hate relationship, but finally I know i'm ready to be free of her once and for all.

I know within a few hours memories of good times with her will creep into my thoughts but I am ready

Challenge accepted

Pray for me i'm headed into battle

• Like 8

Welcome Ace.  I'm sorry about your relapse but you are among a lot of fellow quitters here who can offer up advice and support in your quest for a nicotine free life.

It is good to have you here.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AceWhite said:

Long well worn road to get here, but finally I have arrived-

I gave up nicotine once before, but somehow after many years she showed back up in my life.

Its been a love/hate relationship, but finally I know i'm ready to be free of her once and for all.

I know within a few hours memories of good times with her will creep into my thoughts but I am ready

Challenge accepted

Pray for me i'm headed into battle

Welcome Acewhite,

Congratulations on making the  decision to quit smoking and put your addiction to sleep.

The way to freedom lies in making the commitment to NOPE (Not One Puff Ever) and holding fast to that commitment.  Etch it into your brain.

The 'love' you may feel for nicotine is a lie.  This is not 'love', it is simply a lie of addiction.

Please educate yourself about nicotine addiction.  This will help you on the journey.

We have a plethora of resources here so, read, read, read and watch the scary movies.

This thread may be helpful 10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum To Stop Using Nicotine

• Like 3

Hello and welcome ...

You smoked again , because you still believed all the lies....and thought smoking would help you in some way .

Smoking does nothing for you ....

Take your seat on the Train ...buckle up....read all you can ...watch all Joel's videos....

Educate....Learn by what happened ,and make sure you are prepared for those times in the future ..

• Like 3

Welcome aboard Ace.

This challenge is straight-forward and simple: DON'T SMOKE!

There is only one rule: DON'T SMOKE!

You will pass this test with flying colors so long as you always remember: DON'T SMOKE!

In closing...DON'T SMOKE!

• Like 5

welcome AW, battles some battles are worth fighting to win the war, we are in the trenches with you, use the board, read, get involved and reach out whenever you need it, one step at a time, you've got this!

• Like 2

At about three days, Nicotine leaves your body Forever.

The Importance of The First Three Days of Your Quit

You need to be smarter than the addiction.

When you understand what you are dealing with everything makes sense and helps you build a successful quit.

You may want to peruse this list of resources from our friend, Joel Spitzer.  He has helped so many.

Index To Joel's Videos

Be mindful of your blood sugar levels and have cranberry juice at the ready to sip on.

Blood Sugar Issues

Many craves are actually the body requiring your attention, are you Hungry, Angry/emotional, Lonesome/bored, Tired.  H.A.L.T. ?

Riffing On H.A.L.T.

Rewards are an important component to changing up your brain

Significance of Rewards

Tomorrow will be your Third Day of Freedom ! Congratulations ! Soon your craves should start easing up a bit.

Consider what our friend, @Sirius says, 

"The next time a craving plunks down on your face ask yourself, "What price you are willing to pay to own yourself?"

• Like 3

Well done making it this far. 

I'm walking along in this early quit zone, too.

Alternately fine, then abruptly raging.

NOPE. Not One Puff Ever...

Happy to walk with you AceWhite.

Outsmart yourself when the addict thinking shows up.  I have just been sitting down and reading this site and playing games. Hardly seems like outsmarting, yet I seem to come through calmer and with drama dialed down. lol  Eventually, my junkie self shuts up and I move on to another activity.

• Like 6

We are behind you all the way Acewhite.  It may seem tough as you begin your travels but I promise is gets better.  Stay focused on the end result and don't look back.  You will only gain power and strength along the way.  Stay close to the forum and shout out if you need us.  You can do this. 

• Like 6

Day 3 & checking in- believe it or not this little bit of accountability really helps ;) 

Adding up the days smoke free- 

This hasn't been easy but there is no reason it can't be done.

I know nicotine is a drug and i'm an addict.

I can never ever ever take even one puff.

Past is behind me, I control the future.

I decide to live.

• Like 5

Congrats AceWhite on 3 days of freedom, be really proud of yourself, you are doing a great thing for yourself, and each day you will feel better for ditching the smokes. Don’t forget to reward yourself with small gifts to help stay motivated, or having a bigger reward at the end of week one. Having regular rewards really helped me . it’s great to spend your money on something you really want or need .

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, AceWhite said:

Day 3 & checking in- believe it or not this little bit of accountability really helps ;) 

Adding up the days smoke free- 

I decide to live.

I am so glad you checked in, AW and are building yourself a fine, sturdy quit.

Each day of Freedom from nicotine addiction will bring benefits you haven't even thought of yet.

It is inspiring to hear your words,

'Past is behind me, I control the future.

I decide to live'

Things will get better and easier by and by.

Nicotine has pretty much left your body FOREVER !

Big reason to celebrate and reward yourself. 

YOU QUIT SMOKING !

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AceWhite said:

I decide to live.

That is the entire essence of quitting smoking right there.

You're doing great Ace.  Keep it up.

• Like 4