Challenge accepted

AceWhite

yep, pretty much all the nicotine has left your body.  Congratulations on Day 4 !

You are right, it is the mind game now.  Facing social triggers, seasonal triggers, habitual triggers.

Some of these craves might come right out of the blue, don't be surprised.  Just NOPE your way through them.

Each crave/trigger you conquer claims that brain receptor back to You.

Rewards are super important in training your brain to dispense endorphins appropriately now that it is not under nicotine's control.

You Quit Smoking, AceWhite !  Congratulations.  Stay vigilant and committed to NOPE.  You are going to really love this freedom.

• Like 3

🤠

The urges come complete with a

vision of some sexy centerfold

cig calling out to me, but I know it’s not reality. Nothing sexy about cigs. 
Day 5 and learning new routines being smoke free 

you guys rock thank you for the encouragement!!

Edited by AceWhite
  • Like 3

No, there is nothing sexy about smoking.

In fact, the increased blood flow when you quit makes quitters v. attractive !

Sex, Health, Money and Time

The addict's voice will romanticize smoking.

We all had to quell that voice.

Here are some examples of the addict's voice and our responses.

Red Flags

• Like 3

Tough morning- had to let an employee go which is never easy.

Still running into urges at moments like this, but NOPE is my choice

I realize im an addict

Day 5 stayin' alive

Happy Monday all from a social distance of course

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

So this was the start of my quit over a year ago. It’s been a long road but I finally know in my heart and soul that I’ll never take one puff ever.

NOPE.

I truly know the meaning of those words.

This forum is made up of awesome people that make it bearable when things seem unbearable during our quit. You are all special-

and I don’t mean special education type special.
 I commit to stay because I know that my quit is still fragile no matter how confident I feel. Hopefully at least one person can learn from my F up of a relapse and how it took 7 years to find my quit again 

• Like 6

You've got that focus that is required for a successful life long quit this time AceWhite! I've been around here for a bit and there's certain posts that people make where you just know they 'get it'! You've done the heavy lifting of the early quit. Now it's just remaining on guard for weak moments and unexpected cravings. Your brain just needs more time now to learn how to be really comfortable as a nonsmoker and to forget all those triggers you used to have as a smoker. It will happen naturally given time. Good job man! 

• Like 4