DAY 3 - FRIDAY NIGHT! NO BEER OR FAGS JUST SOAPS!!

RhinoDragon

Hi Everyone - New here(Fri 26th joined) DAY 3 TODAY..

well, over half way through now! Just needed some support so joined not long ago.

Determined to keep on the quit train now. Sick of falling back into the smoking vicious cycle all the time.

Trying to sleep more, eat more and do more generally.

'IF YOUR SICK OF STARTING OVER,' . . STOP QIUTTING

Rhino :)

• Like 4

Hey Rhino and welcome. Half way through the third day means you will be in the thick of it, but that cool cos your a rhino and you can just charge right through. So... in the first few weeks you need to keep the blood sugar levels up and also the fluids so drink lots of juice. Drink pineapple juice, its probably best. The biggest tip to making this the forever quit is to learn as much as you can about nicotine addiction. There is a heap of info in the smoking discussion threads. Watch all the videos. The 3 part one on Big Tobacco will put in a fire in your belly to make you want to never give them a single penny more. Take it one day at a time... don't worry about next week or next month.... just worry about making it 24 hours... see you know you can do that, you have already done it twice and you have nearly done it 3 times in a row... that's it... just one day at a time. And finally, pledge NOPE (Not One Puff Ever) each day in the Nope thread. This is a promise you make to yourself and the others not to take one puff. Now when I first quit I was terrified of saying NOPE because what if it wasn't forever, I just lied. Then someone explained... just pledge NOPE for the day... promise not to take one puff just for the day. Then tomorrow when you wake up make the promise for that day. It all became easier once I started pledging NOPE.

Congratulations on choosing to quit. What a great gift you are giving yourself. You can do this.

• Like 4

Thanks for the words notsmokinjo.

Your right im pretty much in the deep of it now. The Rhino will not be stopped again im gonna make sure of it!!!

Do you mean drink pineapple when I get a craving or feel crap or just generally.. great advice btw.

Im going to explore the site over the next few days and sort of keep browsing here as a bit of a leaning post to be honest. Yes I know your right take 1 day at a time, I'm just sort of setting small goals/targets at the min just as a bit of motivation.

I will start my pledge tomorrow I think on a fresh day (Day4).

Again thanks for your support and words of wisdom.

Rhino

• Like 5

Welcome @RhinoDragon! 3 days is awesome as we all have to start somewhere!

Continue to read and educate yourself about nicotine addiction, the changes it has made to your brain to build defenses against relapse.

There is information pinned (green thumbtacks) at the top of each page that give all the info you need to get started, whyquit.com is another place full of helpful info.

Grab a seat on the Train, we're glad you're here!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, RhinoDragon said:

Again thanks for your support and words of wisdom. 

Your welcome... and just drink it in general. You are obviously new here... probably the last time you will call me wise, ;)

Definitely have a look around.

Mini goals as motivation works for many. Make sure you reward yourself for reaching them too... that is all part of the nicotine addiction... the nicotine has re-wired your brain so that your reward signals are all linked to smoking... you need to re-wire them so little rewards for yourself for hitting mini goals are brilliant. Each time it happens, that's one nicotine receptor rewired to being smoke free.

• Like 4

Hi RD!

I have a welcome song for you, to help get you through this fantastic third day already!

And you got me wondering. WTH would someone eat soap. As you can see, quitting smoking doesn't make one sharper, per se.

Take good care and choose whatever advise fits you best, you'll get plenty of it (if you let us follow your trip into the wild) :1_grinning: 

• Like 5

Welcome aboard, Rhino.  Congrats on 3 days smoke free.  You are doing a great thing by quitting smoking.

Stick close to this site.  There is a lot of support and knowledge here that can help you stay quit for good.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi and welcome to this magical place.....

Congratulations ...you already have a fabulous quit going on there.....

Take a seat..its all first class here....buckle up...there weill be bends and bumps ,but the journey to freedom is so worth it...

We have tons to read here...make sure you read the green pinned posts on the main board....

Also watch Joels video,s.....

Taking the daily pledge is a great tool to have...its a promise you won't smoke in the next 24 hours....

We Quit here one day at a time ...

Looking forward to getting to know you better...

• Like 3

Welcome Rhino.  You have definitely found the right place to help you through your quit.  There is so much information here.  Lots of support too.  You have a good start going, so just keep pushing through.  You will be amazed at how much better you feel about yourself as you get past this addiction.  We are here for you.  Just shout out anytime!

hooray-your-here-welcome-to-team-awesome.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MLMR said:

Hi RD!

I have a welcome song for you, to help get you through this fantastic third day already!

And you got me wondering. WTH would someone eat soap. As you can see, quitting smoking doesn't make one sharper, per se.

Take good care and choose whatever advise fits you best, you'll get plenty of it (if you let us follow your trip into the wild) :1_grinning: 

4 hours ago, MLMR said:

Hi RD!

Loving it  MLMR! Thankyou

• Like 1

Welcome RhinoDragon, glad to have you along for the journey.  Those above have given the best advice so I would follow what has already been said.  I would add that lots of cold water and deep breathing techniques help greatly.  The big thing is the NOPE pledge, it may seem hokey (it did to me at first), however I found out that it helped me and continues to help me.  Anyway welcome and congrats on the starting the 4th day smoke free!!!

Hey! Day 4 is freaking awesome! After 72 hours the actual drug nicotine should be completely out of your system. From here, it's the mind games of junkie receptors that will beg for more. Have a plan for your "down times" puzzles, snacks, phone games...I would literally tell myself "NOPE! Find something else to do!" And just move on.

I also found making a "Why I Quit" list very helpful as a visual reminder. (Put it right up on the fridge and it's still there now, over a year later) 

ETQ to KTQ!

Welcome to Quit Train RinoD! You have great advice already from others here so take it all in and process it. You'll find as you move along through your quit, you are just like all the rest of us in terms of things you'll experience and therefore the methods you'll need to employ to deal with those challenges will be the same as others here have used during their own quits. That;s why reading everything you can here is so important to your success. It's a big deal to quit smoking and it can be overwhelming at times so let us help you with that by showing you the path we took.

Congrats on 4 days quit! That in itself is a BIG DEAL! Keep moving forward, one day at a time. That's all you need to think about is just not smoking for today - NOPE!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reciprocity said:

Welcome to Quit Train RinoD! You have great advice already from others here so take it all in and process it. You'll find as you move along through your quit, you are just like all the rest of us in terms of things you'll experience and therefore the methods you'll need to employ to deal with those challenges will be the same as others here have used during their own quits. That;s why reading everything you can here is so important to your success. It's a big deal to quit smoking and it can be overwhelming at times so let us help you with that by showing you the path we took.

Congrats on 4 days quit! That in itself is a BIG DEAL! Keep moving forward, one day at a time. That's all you need to think about is just not smoking for today - NOPE!

Thankyou reciprocity, yes Day4 today ? I feel like its a little easier already. Make my 1st pledge today! Mood is good at the min but definatly unpredictable... Im just riding out the different moods & feelings as they come & go.

Rhino

• Like 3

Morning Rhino....

I see your from my neck of the woods..

Congrats on your day 4....well by now ..all the nicotine has left your body....its just you and your brain now...rewiring it...to being a non smoker...

Day 1 of your NOPE !!!.....this will be a powerful tool for you....you be be surprised how this will help you through your day....

Read all you can ...knowledge...the more you learn the easier it will be...

Stay close ...we are here to support you all the way to Freedom .!!!!

• Like 1

It can be a roller coaster ride for the first while Rhino! Up days and down days but in the end, it all smooths out and you take back your life again. Every battle you win against the Nicodemon  makes you stronger and him weaker. That's why you gotta take it one day at a time. It will get easier with time. You just don;t notice it because it's a slow process. You have to trust in those that have gone through the process - you are NO different. You CAN be where we are in time. Keep moving forward and denying those pesky taps on your shoulder from the Nicodemon :) 

• Thanks 1