WOW !!! 5 years smoke free !!!!

Doreensfree

I smoked my last few cigarettes sitting on  my back step ,crying I was given a ultimatum... Smoke or face amputation...

I was devastated... All my other attempts to quit has failed...but...I had to try something... I was so desperate to succeed..

Tony had already been diagnosed with emphysema... And I still smoked...because I believed I couldn't quit...

I had been given a old battered I pad to play about on,as I was not savvy...I decided to Google anything on the internet,that may give me some help I desperately needed..

I can across a forum...thought what have I got  to lose ...somehow I managed to sign in ....and watch and listen....

A kind lady ...sent me a message today hello ...I explained to her I couldn't give me a name a ticker nothing...this lady took me under her wing ,set me up and running...I will always be in Nancy,s debt...my fairy godmother...

It was a while before I posted I just watch and learned...I didn't sleep at all for a few weeks I read instead....

I Did my Daily NOPE...the days turned into weeks then into months...there was plenty of up and downs ,but I knew I had to plough on ,and as I was assured my those with more quit ..it would pass....

I was so proud to reach the Lido Deck....and I still feel that sense of pride ,4 yrs later..

Joining a forum ,posting ,making friends ,has made the difference to my having another failed quit ..to my success..

I have also been taught some niffty PC skills...

I love being smoke free...and all the folks who follow me ,I want them to feel it too

I wish to Thank Everyone who has sat on the train...newbies not so newbies ..oldies...

You have helped me continue on my journey ..and I hope i have helped you in yours..

And all the folks who jump on the train in the future...

You can do it...I did !!!!

Xxxx

• Like 18
  • Thanks 6

Googling my symptoms is how I found support. So glad I did and I too learned some cool pc skills AND a lot of the slang that everyone is using these days. Congratulations and thank you again Doreen :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"The journey of thousand miles begins with a single step."

From a trepidatious newbie looking to test the quitting waters to a verified quitting superstar.  Doreen's journey is the culmination of committing to the process and achieving freedom from addiction.

The path to freedom is easy to find.  Just follow the trailblazers like Doreen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Care, empathy, knowledge, experience, a shoulder to cry on and one who is always there to help and to give a kick in the pants if necessary-- so much and more.  Your quit is most definitely an inspiration!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Awesome, Doreensfree!  Isn't it amazing what we can do once we set our minds to it and we get a little support.

I've come to value the support we receive ... without it I don't know if I'd have been successful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are truly amazing Doreen. Not just for staying quit for five years but also for the kind, inspiring words you wrote. I’ll guess you touched a few folks to consider their own quit journey. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this here...not sure if was posted on the Celebrations page (and if I responded there?) but just wanted to congratulate you, Doreen, on your awesome 5 year quit milestone! Hope you celebrated big time!!! ?

image.png.d7a8ccdd32b2b9b130ddb60671110634.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1