14 days without a cig, 5 days nicotine FREE

lml

What the heck was I so afraid of? Why did I think I was not strong enough to beat smoking without nicotine help? 

Nothing physically hurt, the craves came and went, now I get a couple craves a day, but I fall back on what I learned and this forum - WE are stronger than any crave; you believe in me and I believe in you who have gone before me - what unbelievable power.

I was so afraid. I thought I was weak. Now here I am thinking of having a cig several times a day and enjoying saying NOPE...NOT TODAY. I don't

Like nicotine, I like being Smoke free, I like being free, I like not thinking about when and where I will have my next cig as I am putting out the last one. 

I do still think of cigarettes about 2 hours  a day, but it is time i am reprogramming my brain. 

A little  voice tells me to Smoke just one. Begins telling me how good it will be and no one needs to know. Weirdest most craziest thing in the world. I try to tell myself lies about smoking????

just one:  Can't dummy. i am an ADDICT. 

ok then, just a puff: cant dummy i am a addict.

And i dont like to Smoke anymore. I like myself. So go away...you are not welcome here anymore. Nope.

it will be good, just like the good old days 

Heh. I am onto the  lies , nicotine. Busted. It was never good. Smoking hurt my lungs, my heart, my mind, my life. There is not one good thing nicotine gave or did for me.

Bye bye nicotine. Leave. I don't want you, I don't like you. Go now. 

No one needs to know that you just had one 

Now that I am awoke to my addiction I would know. And that is all that really matters. I cant hide it from myself anymore or live in denial. 

I am stronger than a crave,

you are not a command,

you are a liar and

you want to control me

You want to  kill me

Some friend you are

No way of romanticizing you cig 

I don't Know if I will ever be free of thought of cig,  but I do know that I AM strong enough to keep that thought from becoming real.

I am kind of enjoying this "battle" and learning from each round. Yeah, it may be tough when I am in the throes of it, but IF it gets too tough for me, I have you, so I am not Afraid any longer. 

I hope you are all having a wonderful, Smoke free weekend full of many deep breaths.

Edited by lml
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, lml said:

What the heck was I so afraid of? Why did I think I was not strong enough to beat smoking without nicotine help? 

Nothing physically hurt, the craves came and went, now I get a couple craves a day, but I fall back on what I learned and this forum - WE are stronger than any crave; you believe in me and I believe in you who have gone before me - what unbelievable power.

I was so afraid. I thought I was weak. Now here I am thinking of having a cig several times a day and enjoying saying NOPE...NOT TODAY. I don't

Like nicotine, I like being Smoke free, I like being free, I like not thinking about when and where I will have my next cig as I am putting out the last one. 

Nothing much to add.  I just liked this so much I thought it bears repeating.

Great job lml.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, lml said:

I do still think of cigarettes about 2 hours  a day, but it is time i am reprogramming my brain. 

A little  voice tells me to Smoke just one. Begins telling me how good it will be and no one needs to know. Weirdest most craziest thing in the world. I try to tell myself lies about smoking????

just one:  Can't dummy. i am an ADDICT. 

ok then, just a puff: cant dummy i am a addict.

And i dont like to Smoke anymore. I like myself. So go away...you are not welcome here anymore. Nope.

it will be good, just like the good old days 

Heh. I am onto the  lies , nicotine. Busted. It was never good. Smoking hurt my lungs, my heart, my mind, my life. There is not one good thing nicotine gave or did for me.

Bye bye nicotine. Leave. I don't want you, I don't like you. Go now. 

No one needs to know that you just had one 

Now that I am awoke to my addiction I would know. And that is all that really matters. I cant hide it from myself anymore or live in denial. 

I am stronger than a crave,

you are not a command,

you are a liar and

you want to control me

You want to  kill me

Some friend you are

No way of romanticizing you cig 

I don't Know if I will ever be free of thought of cig,  but I do know that I AM strong enough to keep that thought from becoming real.

I am kind of enjoying this "battle" and learning from each round. Yeah, it may be tough when I am in the throes of it, but IF it gets too tough for me, I have you, so I am not Afraid any longer. 

I hope you are all having a wonderful, Smoke free weekend full of many deep breaths.

I can't tell you how happy this makes me, Iml.   You are a star !  Your quit has been a real joy to watch and your transformation very beautiful.

It was the perfect time for you to jump into your new freedom.

Stay vigilant and know for sure that you can trust yourself.  You quit smoking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bye bye nicotine. Leave. I don't want you, I don't like you. Go now. 

Great post...your much stronger than any thought..your kicking that monster ...I'm proud of you !!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

...your much stronger than any thought...

I think you are  onto something in my case Doreen. For me, a crave starts out as a thought. That thought can either grow into a crave, disspate into nothingness, or teach me something. As long as i am diligent and present, I am in control of what the thought evolves into. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lml said:

I think you are  onto something in my case Doreen. For me, a crave starts out as a thought. That thought can either grow into a crave, disspate into nothingness, or teach me something. As long as i am diligent and present, I am in control of what the thought evolves into. 

So true...it's a thought like any other..it what you do with that thought..just let it go by...

Your stronger than you think ...

Your doing just fine !!!!

• Like 1

Excellent post. Sums up why I am back here myself. I've been away from here for a good while but have been having urgings. Reading posts like this is the help I need at this moment in time. 

It is a battle with the brain. 

• Like 3