What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

G’day 

Shit Joe... that is ever parents nightmare!

whats happening in this world? Every smashed, cut, diced or sliced finger/ toe was stitched or likewise repaired by my local JP when I was a kid.

What? Did you have to be a full surgeon or have a full operation done in a general hospital so you they can survive being sued?

• Like 4

Ugh, how scary for you both, Jo.  I hope she's all glued or stitched up and you're both sleeping it off now.  

True story -- I worked at a bar/pizza place while in college and managed to completely slice off the pad of my thumb with a large machine meant for slicing pepperoni rather than thumbs. I took both parts along to the ER and got lots of stitches, and it was quickly as good as new; although the scar is still visible to this day, which helps to remind me not to do this again.  

Wishing your daughter (and you) a very speedy recovery and I can imagine how much more difficult and frustrating it is to try to get basic but necessary medical treatment right now.

Edited by Jordan7
  • Like 5

Poor Bird.  Hope she is OK !

This is a reminder to be REALLY careful at home, y'all.

Many of us are or will be in a lock-down and most accidents happen en casa.

Make sure you have a decent first aid kit.  

I don't want to have to go to the hospital.

I'm staying off ladders.  Being extra careful with knives and tools and trying not to be an idiot.

• Like 4

Second GP much better...cleaned it out, reakons stitches not needed but he glued and start stripped it, and put a pressure dressing on. Back tomorrow for a redressing and review. Feeling a bit sore and silly but wrapped she don't haveta do dishes.

@Cbdave you are so right...when I was a kid the GP did it all never come across a doctor who couldn't even put steri strips on properly before. 

• Like 4

Just pissed off my hubbys friend who's here every.single.day. He went to the dollar store because he was 'bored' so when he came back I told him if he's going to go to stores for no stupid reason he can't come around because he's going to get sick then get my hubs sick and it's going to kill me. So he turned around in a huff and got back in his car and drove home (across the street). 

I'm sorry but our cases rose from 47 yesterday to 64 today in our county. Now's not the time to be stupid!!!

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Trying to figure out which green thumb project to start on first today.  Mowed the yard for the first time this year yesterday.  Cleaned up the flower bed between the driveway and front porch.  Hollowed out a four-foot section of the trunk of an oak tree I had to cut down back in January and turned it into a flower planter.

I already have what I need to build a couple of window box planters, so I'll probably start there.

Spring is here, I'll be out in the yard.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, jillar said:

Just pissed off my hubbys friend who's here every.single.day. He went to the dollar store because he was 'bored' so when he came back I told him if he's going to go to stores for no stupid reason he can't come around because he's going to get sick then get my hubs sick and it's going to kill me. So he turned around in a huff and got back in his car and drove home (across the street). 

I'm sorry but our cases rose from 47 yesterday to 64 today in our county. Now's not the time to be stupid!!!

That's insane.  Isn't all of California under a stay at home order?  That means no visiting other people's houses, so why is he there in the first place? If he goes to the dollar store for grins then he probably goes anywhere else that will let him in, too.  Definitely not what you need around. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jordan7 said:

That's insane.  Isn't all of California under a stay at home order?  That means no visiting other people's houses, so why is he there in the first place? If he goes to the dollar store for grins then he probably goes anywhere else that will let him in, too.  Definitely not what you need around. 

I totally agree Jordan. Unfortunately last I heard Californians are allowed to socialize in groups of ten or less as long as they practice social distancing which makes no sense to me 😞

• Sad 4

44 minutes ago, jillar said:

I totally agree Jordan. Unfortunately last I heard Californians are allowed to socialize in groups of ten or less as long as they practice social distancing which makes no sense to me 😞

Not sure that's still the case after the last order.  This seems to be the latest but maybe there are exceptions that don't show up here. 

https://covid19.ca.gov/stay-home-except-for-essential-needs/

Also, many California counties have even stricter orders. You can probably google your county to see. 

There is no doubt that part of the idea of all stay home orders is to take all possible precautions with regard to anyone in any higher risk category, no matter what the setting.

• Like 4

There really is no grey area....just stay at home! My sister lives 5 min away, and I do not and cannot visit her.

America seems to be more complicated though....every state seems to have their own rules, which can be confusing.

I'm still drawn to the news, even though I told myself I wont watch....its bloody frightening out there.

• Like 6

@Jordan7 yes that's our order in Santa Barbara County too. The problem is trying to get that through to these guys who are so bored and antsy by having to stay at home 😞  I've given up ragging about it to my husband because he won't tell them to leave and me going out and telling them apparently hurts their feelings because of my "tone of voice" and results in my husband going over to their house. At least here I know there's soap and hand sanitizer and can see them keeping their distance. 

I'm a firm believer that whatever's to be will be so if I'm meant to go out that way then...……….

• Sad 3

**keeping with the theme of people not taking coronavirus precautions seriously**

I've been teleworking for the past few weeks due to the coronavirus.  I do have to go into work for 2 partial days every other week - otherwise it is just work from home.  

That, along with N. Carolina's recent stay at home order (my job is exempt from that) is making my life boring and frustrating...but I know it is the right thing to do and I take it seriously.

I have a coworker who works next door to my office who does not have the luxury of teleworking.  You can tell he is pissed about that and he also does not take this coronavirus situation seriously.

Anyway, whenever I am in the office, he'll walk right up to me and say something like, "how's your vacation going?"

I'm not a violent person but it takes a lot of strength for me to not punch this guy in the face.

This virus spreads often because people don't know they have it. 

It also spreads because of stupid people like my co-worker.  That type of thing just pisses me off.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, johnny5 said:

**keeping with the theme of people not taking coronavirus precautions seriously**

I've been teleworking for the past few weeks due to the coronavirus.  I do have to go into work for 2 partial days every other week - otherwise it is just work from home.  

That, along with N. Carolina's recent stay at home order (my job is exempt from that) is making my life boring and frustrating...but I know it is the right thing to do and I take it seriously.

I have a coworker who works next door to my office who does not have the luxury of teleworking.  You can tell he is pissed about that and he also does not take this coronavirus situation seriously.

Anyway, whenever I am in the office, he'll walk right up to me and say something like, "how's your vacation going?"

I'm not a violent person but it takes a lot of strength for me to not punch this guy in the face.

This virus spreads often because people don't know they have it. 

It also spreads because of stupid people like my co-worker.  That type of thing just pisses me off.

Get yourself a sturdy six foot walking stick and thwack him one for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

grateful to be walking in the rain in the woods.  no other human souls in a 100 acre radius.

Be BOLD in keeping distance, more than suggested even.  

Stay safe.   

• Like 5

8 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Forget the green thumb projects....I think a fairy princess Taj Mahal cubby house is in order...😁

I've been kicking around the idea of building a playhouse for a couple of weeks now.

A friend of mine in North Carolina called last night to check-up and see how things are going.  I told him about the projects I've been working on and projects that are in the hopper.  He said: "That girl is gonna be spoiled rotten."  I replied: "Yep."

Nothing but the best for my little princess.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2