What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Tripping out because I just read that my old pulmonologist died March 18. Don't know how but the obit said untimely death so it wasn't expected. He was a nice, caring man, I really liked him as a person. 😞

• Sad 7

Right now I am eating a Vegemite crumpet and drinking a coffee while I prep myself to go to work. 

Just wondering if our European origins down here are why everyone is struggling so much with following stage 3 isolation rules....kinda feel defiance of authority may be culturally hardwired into us.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Right now I am eating a Vegemite crumpet and drinking a coffee while I prep myself to go to work. 

Just wondering if our European origins down here are why everyone is struggling so much with following stage 3 isolation rules....kinda feel defiance of authority may be culturally hardwired into us.

G’day Jo

im awake too. Got some crumpets too.

Soft poach some eggs in the microwave drop them on top, break the yolks so they run though the holes, breakfast of champions!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Cbdave said:

G’day Jo

im awake too. Got some crumpets too.

Soft poach some eggs in the microwave drop them on top, break the yolks so they run though the holes, breakfast of champions!

And now I am craving poached eggs. 😊

• Haha 5

Wtf? You mob don't have crumpets? They are things with holes on the top you put in the toaster and when you butter them and put on the spread (golden syrup or Vegemite or runny egg yokes are best) it melts into the holes. They are very different to english muffins.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIrGP_eG_wjSzFrCbACZk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Since I am on this diet thing, I have gone back to a very thin mix of buckwheat pancakes with different fruits and yoghurt, I tried putting the fruit on top while it was cooking to warm the bits of fruit up,  but it didn't work.  I would love a crumpet with lashings of butter melting into the holes, and piping hot.  

• Like 5

Struggling to explain the difference between an English muffin and a crumpet....um yeah-nah a crumpet is a crumpet....a crumpett is frucking awesome and an English muffin is craptastic....an English muffin is like a flat, denses, stale roll that you have to cut in half and toast...a crumpet is a golden disc (or square) of holy goodness...maybe it's like a cross between a pancake and a roll....it's kinda spongey I spose... It's bought 2/3 inch thick....it's more about how the stuff you put on it melts into the holes and sort of oozes out when you take a bite.

Edited by notsmokinjo
New phone does auto corrects wrong
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

.a carpet is trucking awesome and an English muffin is craptastic....

Well I'm not sure how a carpet got in the mix but I'm certain that an English muffin tastes way better than a piece of carpet. Even if said carpet is brand new and has never been walked on

• Haha 7

Just now, jillar said:

Well I'm not sure how a carpet got in the mix but I'm certain that an English muffin tastes way better than a piece of carpet. Even if said carpet is brand new and has never been walked on

Fixed...see my reason for edit as to why...why don't phones bounce...I just get it trained up right to not auto correct the wrong thing and it frickin breaks an gotta train a new one.

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, forestgreen said:

I have gone back to a very thin mix of buckwheat pancakes with different fruits and yoghurt, I tried putting the fruit on top while it was cooking to warm the bits of fruit up,  but it didn't work

I use wholemeal flour for mine and put Rae berries in the batter. The berries cook with the pancake and turn into little jammy pockets of yum. Blueberries work best.

My dad puts banana in his when he cooks them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm in the US and do like some English muffins but definitely agree that crumpets are a whole different world of deliciousness.  Now I'm getting hungry and would really like one right now (hold the carpet, though).  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, jillar said:

There's a joke about "carpet munching" to be made here.

What am I doing right now: innocently walking away from an opportunity to make a dirty joke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5