What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

We have distilleries here that have ceased alcohol production to make hand sanitizer that they're donating to hospitals etc. They're charging citizens whatever they can afford.

these are the stories that I like to read 😊

And now back to eating my Nilla wafers.....

• Like 6

I'm waiting for a grocery delivery on this viral evening.

Shutters closed but, door open, windows open. I smell satsuma blossoms from my little tree.

It is beautifully quiet and perfectly warm.

Nobody is on the street. No drone of air conditioners.

I've heard a train whistle and slight hum of a barge's generator passing up river, the occasional car, some playing music.  

• Like 6

This is surreal isn't it? The whole world is experiencing the same thing at different levels,  at the same time, loo paper and all.

I still want to know what loo paper has to do with all of this.

At the moment I'm eating pringles

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Irene said:

This is surreal isn't it?

Yes it is surreal.  It was bad enough my husband retired the first of this year and he is around a lot.  Now we are cooped in the house.  We decided to get some of the big projects done but had to go to the home depot for supplies.  We looked kind of silly with our plastic gloves and big container of clorox wipes.  We are ripping out the cabinet,  laying new flooring and painting.  We bought enough to do both bathrooms and paint our bedroom.   

• Like 6

Doing laundry in my newly renovated basement! Still a few things needed down there but that will have to wait until my guy gets back! He just headed back to NC this morning...he needs to get his taxes done and check up on things at his house, he has been away for a month already. He went off with a supply of TP, nitrile gloves and hand sanitizer packed in his car....hoping he gets back home without being stopped along the way due to this Covid19 virus! 🙄

• Like 6

Having a cuppa. Just got back from a supermarket, I managed to get some veggies to make soup and some bread and milk. There was a man in there asking an assistant where the toilet paper was,  she told him there was none, he looked so deflated and said he had travelled 20 miles looking for toilet paper. No smiley faces about, every one is stressed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Just in after inspection of courtyard.  No snapped rats.  No sign of rats for the first time in months !

The restaurant down the street is closed due to the COVID-19 shutdown, removing the rat's major food buffet.

Maybe, will get ahead of the rat game, at least temporarily.

• Like 8

I'm doing the same thing I was doing before the virus crisis,  Nothing 😛  No I've had 72 hours off from work but have to start back today. They gave me a letter that exempts me from all travel restrictions if there is any associated with the CoronaV. So it's back to work for me. I wish everyone the best and hope this scare calms down soon.

• Like 8

I have been in my house since last Thursday night....alone. Getting stuff done here...slowly. Now I have to go out to gas up my vehicle and stop at store for some things...if they even have them. Let's see....nitrile gloves, hand sanitizer, clorox wipes packed and now just need to wash hands one more time before I leave the house... 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BAT said:

I'm doing the same thing I was doing before the virus crisis,  Nothing 😛  No I've had 72 hours off from work but have to start back today. They gave me a letter that exempts me from all travel restrictions if there is any associated with the CoronaV. So it's back to work for me. I wish everyone the best and hope this scare calms down soon.

Be sure to pack your Bat cape.  Be safe.

• Like 6

On 3/22/2020 at 9:54 AM, BAT said:

They gave me a letter that exempts me from all travel restrictions if there is any associated with the CoronaV. So it's back to work for me. I wish everyone the best and hope this scare calms down soon.

Be safe, BAT.

I am preparing red beans and rice, Caribbean flavors pork dish and roasted butternut squash for dinner.  Going to find some steel drum music and a view of the beach with waves rolling in to put on the TV and have a dinner living room - island picnic.  Friggin celebrating my 13 day (?)  smoke free life!!!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, darcy said:

Be safe, BAT.

I am preparing red beans and rice, Caribbean flavors pork dish and roasted butternut squash for dinner.  Going to find some steel drum music and a view of the beach with waves rolling in to put on the TV and have a dinner living room - island picnic.  Friggin celebrating my 13 day (?)  smoke free life!!!

Wow darcy, you make that healthy food sound tempting and good.  You go girl you are doing awesome!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, darcy said:

Be safe, BAT.

I'm heading to darcy's for dinner. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Makin a cuppa...and taking a deep breath...so me Arvo started good, popped into Woolies for some cheese (cos apparently we have none)...scored a 2kg bag of sugar, a pack of macaroni pasta, and 24 dunny rolls...get home feeling accomplished....walk in put the bags down and the first thing the kid says is "I'm sorry mummy, I didn't mean to" ...what..."my finger is bleeding" ... understatement of the decade...so quick first aid in the car on the way to casu...hmmm nope our casu is closed because 8 staff tested positive...so ring around the local quacks...get in check...yep the pad of her thumb is hanging off...but they have no surgical glue....so steri strips and come back Monday because it probably need a stitches but I can't do that...so ring around the other doc's and we are off to get it glued at 7 which is prob good cos it's already bled through what the first doc did.

• Sad 7