What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Take care Jo.

Or should I say...Good on ya for not being a drongo and going to see the doc.  You'll be right back to bloody ripper in no time...no wukkas.

I'm still learning to speak Australian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Winding down after a stressful day...

Noticed when I started my car it almost sounded like battery was dead....a week ago couldn't get my car started and I had battery checked and it had a full charge..was told it could be a problem with my key/ignition tumbler? Luckily, it started today and and I was off to take my 12 yr old doggo to the vet...he has been vomiting for 3 days and yesterday wouldn't eat at all but still vomiting (mostly water) with lots of moaning and pacing most last night.

Vet gives him subcutaneous fluids and a shot to deal with the vomiting, plus add'l pills for next 4 days, will have results of bloodwork tomorrow. Sent us home with instructions to give him boiled chicken and rice for next 4 days. Ok, I will stop on my way home and get a new battery installed and go to pick up the needed supplies for doggo.

Guess what? Car won't start!! Luckily I use a vet that is about 2 long blocks from my sister's house. But I can't reach her by phone! Starting to panic a little...so I call my brother who lives about 5 miles away. He answers on first ring! Yeah!! He comes right over to where I am with jumper cables and my car starts right up! I decide best thing to do is go to Firestone (a car care/tire center) and get new battery (even though the one I had should have lasted at least another year!!)

I now drive home, repeating to myself "Don't shut car off when you get home!!!" I need to just get doggo back in the house and then get new battery installed, then head off to the store to get the chicken and rice. Ok, managed to not forget! Got new battery! Now off to the store....

At the store, they were giving out samples of brisket they were carving by the deli dept...it looked and smelled awesome and I had not eaten breakfast or lunch yet...got a huge slice of it on fresh bakery rye! Walked around the store eating this mini-sandwich and picked up what I needed for doggo!

Got back home and boiled the chicken and a bag of Success brown rice in big pot!

Doggo now feeling a bit better as he devoured his dinner....been a few hours now and it stayed down, so far!

When I was still a smoker....all this stress would have driven me to smoke like a chimney!  I handled everything successfully even though it turned out to be a $500 day!! Never even crossed my mind that I "needed" one! PS. Thank God for credit cards!

How my day went: 😲🙏😔😟🚙😌🙂

Edited by Rozuki
typo
  • Like 5

I want chicken and rice also !!!  Have y'all tried Black Rice ?  Extra yummy.

Glad you and pooch are home safe, Roz, and hope K9 mends quickly.

Smoking would have made everything much more stressful

and so glad it didn't even cross your mind.  You have built such a fine quit, Roz.  Congratulations !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh dear @Rozuki, sounds like a very stressful day.  I make turkey and rice for my goldens' to eat every day.  They have delicate stomachs.  I do it in big batches and freeze in sandwich bags.  What we don't do for our animals.  It is probably best that you changed out that battery before winter.  You wouldn't want to be stuck on the road in the cold.  Hope you dog feels better and it is not serious.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Boo ...frickin' Pullin out a no wukkas is an a grade use of the vernacular..your education is nearly complete grasshopper.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. No news as yet and no drop in the BP.

@Rozuki...get your alternator checked, if your battery isn't holding charge might be it. Hope doggo is on the mend.

@Sazerac...love black rice, it's so nutty. 

Hoping they let me home tonight. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Being content with the aging process.

Got a haircut today.  Barber mentioned that I've got some gray hair around my temples.  Then he goes into crisis mode and starts talking about various products to cover the gray.  Meanwhile, I couldn't care less.  I'm not going to buy "Just For Men."  I'm not going to put shoe polish on my head...I'm just gonna roll with it.

A little snow on the roof is no cause for concern.  I may feel differently when I start getting snow in the basement.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Boo said:

Being content with the aging process...

...A little snow on the roof is no cause for concern.  I may feel differently when I start getting snow in the basement.

With all the yoga etc...that I am doing,

I still can't really see close enough to comment on the snow in my basement

but, if it is anything similar to the current au natural silvery blonde locks on my head,

I say, 'bring it on'.

It is my time to inhabit The Crone and I am v. happy with that.

I had a Russian friend, a gentleman of a certain age, who dyed his head and cellar with a homemade dye made with walnut shells.

He was inventive like that.

It was wild...kind of a weird brown/henna red which dyed his skin as well.  Not a look for everyone.

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, Boo said:

A little snow on the roof is no cause for concern.  I may feel differently when I start getting snow in the basement.

I decided this year to go natural and let the grays shine through after all it seems to be in fashion these days....

Just wait until that new baby comes, I'm guessing you'll get more gray hairs sooner then you thought lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Boo said:

My husband was always proud of his.  He said he earned every one in the process of raising his family.  Don't worry Boo, men look distinguished with that salt and pepper look.

• Like 3

Thinking about the upcoming rain they say we're getting starting night. First significant rain since May and they're calling for one to two inches :)

Hopefully just enough to put out the Cave fire that started Monday night about 40 miles south of me but not enough to cause flooding...

• Like 4

At the radiology dept. In the hospital. Morrigun's bruise has gotten worse over days so after a visit to the gp we have been sent to the hospital right away..so keeping fingers crossed it's nothing bad..

Update: nothing broken! We will hear the rest tomorrow

• Like 5

I'm so glad nothing's broken @Vivianne, I know I was pretty bruised up after my accident too. Big hugs to Morrigun, xoxo

In other news, it rained good last night, poured at times even :) Waiting for an update to see what kind of a dent it made on the Cave fire.

• Like 3

Getting ready for an interesting night.  A cousin of mine that lives in Texas now is back in the area for Thanksgiving.  I said "we should get together while you're back in the old stomping grounds."  He took it as an opportunity to invite himself to the house.

He said: "you live up in the mountains now don't you?"  All I could think was: Oh shit, I hope he's not on the lam and looking for a place to hide.

Every family has one...

• Haha 6