What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Studying a photograph I took yesterday of the first early blossom on my Pink Perfection Camellia.

May be next painting.  Maybe big.  Maybe small.

Dig the reflection of the pink blossoms on the bowl to the right of the 12 o'clock leaf.

That is so beautiful.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sazerac said:

Dig the reflection of the pink blossoms on the bowl to the right of the 12 o'clock leaf.

That is beautiful Sally.  You definitely have an eye for art.  Is that a type of rose?  Wish we could have flowers in the winter.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

That is beautiful Sally.  You definitely have an eye for art.  Is that a type of rose?  Wish we could have flowers in the winter.

Thank you, Linda, I am glad you think it is beautiful too.

It is a Camellia from my little tree,  an old fashioned varietal called, 'Pink Perfection'.

Usually bloom a bit later in the winter on cold and grimy days.

The rest of the buds are waiting.

I've painted this set up before  here

but, want to do another...it is also my current avatar.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sazerac said:

It is a Camellia from my little tree,  an old fashioned varietal called, 'Pink Perfection'.

I have never been to your site.  Your artwork is spectacular!  I do the the Camellia is your best piece!

• Thanks 1

Loving the ATP tournament of nations....still shaking my head the both Britain and the US lost yesterdee. Britain to Bulgaria and the US to NORWAY....I didn't even know they had tennis players in Norway...they didn't even all have the same uniform but happiest winners by far.

• Like 1

G’day

Been at the beach in the surf all morning. Fish and chips for lunch. An ice cream and a walk along the water front. Think I’ve earned a grandad nap...... 

I’ll need it..... got a date with a hot granny, tonite. Might be on a promise too. 

Never know ya luck

Edited by Cbdave
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Hope you feel better soon Linda. I just got over my post Christmas cold. I noticed I got over it much better than when I smoked, and how nice is it, not to force yourself to smoke, when you feel rotten!

Looking online for a new car, mine is very tired now, time to trade her in.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jillar said:

Hope you feel better soon @Linda Thomas, my hubby has been sick since Saturday and I'm HOPING I don't get it. I HATE being sick...……

This has not been fun.  I get my flu shot every year and always wipe my cart off at the grocery store.  Someone must have sneezed my way.  The sore throat that comes with this, is worse than the ones I got when my kids would bring strep home!  Went to the doctor yesterday and she said it is going around and expect to be sick for nine days.  At least my husband is retired now and has taken good care of me!

• Like 2

I only need a small car as my hubby has a larger car,   and does  the driving when we go further afield and on holidays. I just potter about in mine locally, so looking at a Toyota Yaris, or Mazda 2. I looked at both today in a garage and liked them both!!! hmmm i cant make up my mind lol.

11076_st0640_046.pngMAZDA__2__RED_EDITION__PETROL__WHITE__20

Edited by catlover
  • Like 2

Yeah we like Toyota's too. My hubby has a Rav4, It's a lovely car but feels too big for me. I always feel nervous driving it, and parking it hahaha!  Yeah I like the white one too, that's the Mazda 2. guess I will have to test drive it and see, but going by looks, I like the Mazda and the colour. I initially wanted a black car, but I like the white ( a popular colour for cars now) and also the gun metal grey ..... hmmm choices eh!

Keeping an eye on my kittens, they have been neutered and spayed today. The boy is fine, but the girl has a buster collar on and hates it.... lost count how many times she has got it off, and we have put it back on. I hate seeing her distressed, but realise she will go or her stitches if we take it off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catlover said:

My hubby has a Rav4, It's a lovely car but feels too big for me

We are getting old.  If we go too small,  we have a hard time getting in and out.  The Rav4 isn't that big.  We love ours.  It is our second one.  Our first one lasted for 15 years and we traded in on the new one.  It had 280 thousand miles on it.  I think the Sienna is too big.  I drive it and think about trading it in on a smaller car.

haha, yeah my hubby says the Rav4 is,nt a big car, but I feel it is when I drive it, probably as I have always had really small cars, and thats what I'm used to. Cars are getting bigger and bigger now. Wow 280 thousand miles, did you manage to sell it?

I have a small Toyota Echo, thought I would need a new one and asked when I took it for a service to my local Toyota Dealer, he said "what for" this will last you forever, seems true because 5 years later still driving around in it. Nothing wrong yet. 

• Like 4