*Sigh. Back with head held low...

...and an admition of defeat. I am armed with patches, lozenges, ice water and a new quit date of 7/22....day after tomorrow. I am getting tired of giving in yet I keep doing it. I understand its addiction, though, and am trying to stop kicking myself.

I hope everyones doing well! Looking forward to catching up!!

Hey Michelle...glad you came back to give it another go-around. You don't lose this war until you quit......quitting...in other words, if you want to grow old, never give up. Nicotine addiction is a powerful thing. It's not something you can beat by being physical...you have to beat it with your mind. Education is the only way to understand the hold it has on you, and what you need to do to break its grip. You will be tempted in many different ways to light up....the ONLY way to quit smoking, is to quit.. period. You can't have "just one"... It's a real battle, and we are here and more than willing to help you, but you also have to help yourself...read, read, read, then read a little more.as I said, education is the key to beating this. Watch the videos in Joel's library...get and read Allen Carrs "The Easy Way" ....All we can do is offer the support, you have to put in the hard work and time...I found coming to this board every chance I could in the early days of my quit and reading EVERYTHING kept me busy and my mind off of smoking, all the while I was learning something new about nicotine, addiction in general, big tobacco companies and how they intentionally lure you in at a young age so that you become addicted and a customer for life!..and as you can see, I still come here because I am not done "quitting" yet... I never plan to let my guard down, so hanging out here and offering what I can keeps me fighting my own battle.

There will be plenty of people offering advice on what you can do to be successful.. I suggest that you try and listen to as much of that as you can...everyone's quit is different, but we all have one thing in common, and that is we DO NOT LIGHT UP ANY MORE. Not One Puff Ever (NOPE) .. Learn a WHY smoking is SO addictive, and you will understand how you can successfully battle it ...

• Like 2

I am getting tired of giving in yet I keep doing it. I understand its addiction, though, and am trying to stop kicking myself.

Why do you think you did? I'm going to start asking this question every time I think of it. Not to make anyone feel bad or dwell on a mistake, but because I have a feeling it's important to the next, successful quit. Can you recall what you were thinking at that moment? Not just that you felt tempted, that's a given, but how you rationalized it.

But good for you for fessing up and jumping right back on. You are no different than anyone here, you can do this. Ready?

Go.

• Like 2

Great to see you have took up your seat here...

Never give up...giving up....your life depends on it....

Learn from your past....always be on your guard.....

I agree....learn all you can ,and then some,about this awful addiction...

Knowledge is the weapon....to win your battles....

Hi! Why are you waiting until tommorow? Put on a patch now and let's go. You have the motivation now so why smoke another day? Can I make a suggestion for you to check in here every day for the nope pledge and maybe a game. Can you read here and at ther sites on the internet such as why quit? Hold your head high now. And post an sos if you feel week.

Michelle good to see you came back now let's make this your sticky quit, jump in with both feet, post and read as much as you can

Education and support are your best friends

Don't feel any shame, dust yourself off head held high, learn from the past and let's go!

Doh!

Michelle. The trick is not to smoke.

Armed with this new information I am sure that you will be fine. :D

Okay...there is nothing wrong with a practice quit. It is a good way to learn where you need to be extra careful/strong etc.

NRT? Not my thing - but plenty here who used it with great success.

It is YOUR quit and you must do it YOUR way. Only you can succeed and only you can sabotage it.

Tomorrow is the first day? Okay then. I feel sorry for you having to ingest that cancerous muck for another day - but hey, you're in charge.

Tomorrow is a fantastic day - and each day after gets better as you no longer need to smoke. Go for it!

• Like 1

Hey, Michelle.

Cheers for replying to my thread.  I've read a few of your posts to be honest and I gotta say at least you have the balls to keep coming back and facing up to your mistakes to a bunch of veteran quitters! I'm also quitting today so feel free to message me about what's on your mind. I don't really like posting but I've logged in every day to read, sometimes more than once or twice and will most likely be around more now that I'm stopping. Just try to think about the fact that there's more important things to look forward to in life than a cigarette and "defend your quit."  Good luck. :)

• Like 2

You guys are amazing. Ty. I am second guessing using NRT. I feel inspired to quit TODAY.

I do remember just thinking how bad I want to smoke, then I got some news that got me super emotional and I thought "Its Monday and crazy at work. Maybe Monday isnt the best day to quit" then when I got the news, I convinced myself that between the emotions caused by the news and it being a busy Monday at work, I should "give myself a break" and buy 'one more pack'. Total Rationalization, justification and excuse making.

So i think I will throw the rest of my cigs away right now and go for it. I will get on the board every break i get. I know u all have my back. Thank u. Will post when I get to work and toss them.

Th

• Like 2

Why do you think you did? I'm going to start asking this question every time I think of it. Not to make anyone feel bad or dwell on a mistake, but because I have a feeling it's important to the next, successful quit. Can you recall what you were thinking at that moment? Not just that you felt tempted, that's a given, but how you rationalized it.

But good for you for fessing up and jumping right back on. You are no different than anyone here, you can do this. Ready?

Go.

That's a GREAT question, Bumble!!!! and pertinent!!!