Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ramona

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ramona

  1. A real success story John!
  2. Just had to shut down my tanks 30 gallon Jack Dempsey 10 gallon tetras 5 gallon betta (only got that small a tank because the fish was homeless) I'm not a seasoned fish-keeper but I am excited for the time when my life will allow for a tank again. Yours already looks nice - - and you'll have so much more TIME for it cuz you aren't smoking
  3. Thanks Babs. I appreciate your confidence in me. Just tonight - - another anxiety moment. My 2nd big one. But that's not too bad for over 7 days quit, right? Only two major moments??? Not bad.
  4. I don't know - I think a porpoise would have figured out how to put up a picture!!! :lol:
  5. Nope from 'New England'
  6. Ramona replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -17
  7. Ramona posted a blog entry in No Smokin' U Fool
    After just a week! The early (and many) blessings: Achieving that truly full breath at last (phew, my lungs still work) Appetite is back and food tastes good I feel more confident Not afraid of tomorrow's 1.5 hour drive and winter hike with 3 never-smokers Don't have to worry how badly I smell during my therapy group Money not spent on butts I feel more relaxed and calm in the morning (no rush out of bed for nicotine fix) Not worried I'll smell during Monday's job interview Back on the QT ;)
  8. Yesterday I experienced that oh-so-familiar heightened panic/anxiety/freak-out that (for me) comes with this territory - - adrenals all whacked from not using my numbing-nicotine-sticks. Funny though - - I actually chuckled. I was like, "yup, here it is." After having "quit" so many times in my past: 8 month quit @ age 23 1 year quit @ age 25 1 year, 3 months @ age 31 as well as NUMEROUS 1-2 month quits scattered here and there... I'm basically a PRO people! Hahaha. I even said to myself, "okay Ramona, here we go, you know what this is, just breathe." I still felt the adrenaline chemicals surging through me but I wasn't convinced by them. This too shall pass...always does...and I'm really hoping (in my case) that "practice can finally make perfect."
  9. Ramona replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -7
  10. Welcome John. This site is great help...community and encouragement. Quitting for yourself is the only way. I (too) have tried to quit for my significant others - - - never works. You end up resenting them for any struggles. It's on YOU and you got this!! 17 Days is solid.
  11. Cigarettes are a big "f*ck you" to the world. To smoke is to wordlessly show others that you wish to take a dump upon your own existence. Like, "I didn't ask for this lifetime of slavery to both time & money so you can take this life and shove it up your ass" sort of thing. However, To... take deep breaths love food grow more intimate be vulnerable acknowledge grief Is to... Embrace life. And for those of us out there/here that don't find the human experience as fantastic as others find it, it can be a rough transition. Death? I look forward to existing as pure energy and spirit. In the meantime I don't want to feel sick in my physical body. I'm stuck in this thing any way so I should probably make it less painful (and smelly). In a few hours I will have achieved 5 full days without smokes or nicotine. Aside from a couple anxiety attacks, it has been smooth sailing. As is often said, not smoking is the natural way, after all.
  12. That's the way to think!!!
  13. Nice milestone lady!
  14. Thanks everyone for your kind support! This is a special site. Off to walk the mutt and go easy on me. More to come... Evelyn - strange how we came back at the same time, eh?
  15. Ramona replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    Hur.
  16. America's corporatocracy- - - causing sickness and sadness in our people.
  17. Babs, Thank you! Are you still out jogging with those clear, baby-fresh lungs? :D I've kept up my exercise but it has been rough!!! In fact, 2016 was (overall) just a massive challenge. This year will be better. Thanks again for the warm welcome.
  18. Hey Guys, I'm back here under a new name. I was once known as "Teary Eyed Woman" (TEW). I now plan to go by "Ramona." When I left the QT I had thrown away a 15 month quit. I smoked for a year after that. I now have 4 days nic-free and I'm ready to give this another try. The past 3 months the butts have been making me really SICK (pukey with no appetite). I tried to fix my diet and my environment but the "ick" was clearly coming from the nicotine/smoke. After only 4 days, I already feel better! Seems my body is forcing me to stop. Any whos. I remember a lot of you guys: Babs, Petra, MQ, Bakon, Doreen, Nancy, Sonic, RunFree, Barney, Evelyn, Chrispy, Stuart, Bat, Marti, Joe, Beacon, Action - - the list goes on!!! I'm real familiar with the names here. So it feels like coming back to a community. That's that for now. Good to be back. Just experienced a major trigger but holding strong!! Anxiety! Eeeek. Breathe.
  19. RUnnin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  20. 4 months can feel like an eternity You done did your time. Nice work.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.