Back to day 1

Wendy

Oh, Wendy !  Oh dear Wendy.

Quit beating yourself up...Today is a Brand New Day.

and 

you are on the Good path.

It is OK, just Keep going forward.

Examine your reasons for smoking,

really look at them and learn all you can.

These lessons can be your ammunition in this new sticky quit.

Did smoking feel good ?  Taste good ?  Smell good ? Do you any good ?

Once nicotine is gone from your body,

the 'ahhhh' moment you get relieving your addiction is Gone.

You have to re-establish the addiction to have that particular 'ahhh'.

You will find different 'ahhh' moments.

I use deep breaths of Oxygen.  It is a panacea.  Some use exercise.  

You must find your own new 'ahhhh' generator and cultivate it.

No worries, Wendy.  We will watch your back as best we can.

Did you think of posting an SOS ?

Pre-respond to your own SOS HERE

This will help you and help us if we get the chance to talk you down from the ledge.

Look forward.

You will Triumph.

Love,

• Like 3

Do not be down on yourself Wendy. Nicotine addiction is very hard to beat. If it was easy we all would not be here and everybody would be quit! I have tried for years and years with no susses until i finally got it in my head and believe me it was the hardest thing i have ever done! Just think of all the cigarettes you have not smoked in the last couple of months so stand up and get back on that quit and go for it! When its hard for you next time post an SOS or just hangout here until you feel stronger! Best of luck to you!

Remember the old saying: At first if you don't succeed, try and try again!

• Like 4

Some of our failures lead us to an understanding of life, quitting is no different.

The fact you jumped back on says you want this and there will be no judging here.

But, do examine your reasons, otherwise it's not a learning curve. Also, promise yourself to SOS and receive 3 responses before throwing yourself over the edge again. I say that not to be harsh, but there will often be a moment, I had a big drunken SOS around 6-7 weeks and that facility saved my quit.  By making the commitment to do that, you give yourself every opportunity to get free of nicotine dependance and start living a healthier and fuller life.

Massive gentle hugs and strength being sent. New day, new start. Love to you.

• Like 5

So sorry to read this :(   I'm happy you got yourself right back on the train though.  What could you do differently next time to be sure you don't smoke?  Our lives are full of triggers so it's important to have a plan for when they hit.  

Regardless of the list of reasons (excuses) at the end of the day you believed in the cigarette and it failed you.  That's an important take away here.  

You are not the first to stumble on this journey and I have no doubt you will get there, if you want to.

XX, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. 

• Like 3

Dopey muppet.

There, that's done.

Well done on a fantastic practice quit - lots of things have been learned both in the quit and the relapse.

First and foremost - you know that you can quit.

Great work on getting straight back on it!

Next time things get tough - SOS.

Commit on this thread that you will SOS - that commitment might just buy you the minutes you need to let a crave pass.

Wendy - you can absolutely do this.

Question...you got a quit buddy?

• Like 5

definitely need a counter and a quit buddy.  stooopid  that counter will help you see what you earned. a quit buddy lets you know that if they can do it, you can too. look at smarti and Elton. she could make it easy if size 32 woman's clothes wearing window licking golfer could do it

• Like 4

Aww Wendy sweetheart...I've just read this....I am saddened....ok that said....

Let's get you back on track.....you know you can do this.....you know now where it went wrong...

Romancing the cig.....

Read all you can again...and then some.....

It's a journey.....some bumps along the way....but still a journey....

Never give up...givin up.....your life depends on it ....

Hugs

Xxxxx

• Like 1

I'm ok Sally, just off sulking at the moment ... can't help but be hard on myself cos I've done this too many times now ... be back to normal soon

OK is Good.

So glad you are back.  :)  

Twenty One + hours quit is REALLY Good.

Sulking

isn't as much fun being proud of yourself for quitting !  

Reward your Now.  

Learn from yesterday and learn well but, reward your Now.

You have quit smoking.

This is Great.

Good on you.

:)

• Like 2

I'm ok Sally, just off sulking at the moment ... can't help but be hard on myself cos I've done this too many times now ... be back to normal soon

Thats Ok to be hard on yourself  ;) ...

I dont think I 'read' you wrong..I am sure you have this..you dont strike me as one who would give up...

Day 1 all over again...lets get back that 2 month celebration.. :)

Remember..KEEP the guard UP!..that nasty habit has a way of calling your name when it thinks you will listen..

• Like 1

So glad that you didn't toss in the towel go back to a full-fledged life of smoking.  Way to get back in the saddle, or as we say, back on the train.  :)

What led up to your relapse?  We will cut through to the issue so you can be better prepared.  Many congrats for owning your relapse, getting back to the business of quitting right away and understanding that a puff caused you to relapse.  If you have any leftover cigarettes, break them apart and toss them.  Get rid of all your smoking paraphernalia.  Are you ready to give this quit 100% of everything you have?  Are you ready to protect your quit no matter what happens?

Don't Let A Slip Put You Back To Using

This video stresses the importance of drawing a clear line in the sand regarding the issue of whether or not to take a puff. Another alternate title for for this video could have been "should I reset my quit meter?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cfxzB804S4&index=3&list=PL4F05C03D0F9B86DB

Related article:

http://www.ffn.yuku.com/topic/11411

Related videos:
Get right back in the saddle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcEzzF...
"I know I will quit again"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHp8yF...
"If I relapse I will smoke until it kills me."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCRLo9...
Never take another puff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYNWI8...
"Maybe a puff isn't that big of a deal?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLxFE9...

• Like 1