Everything posted by BKP
-
Back again
Welcome Morgan. I hope this is the last time you go through this cycle of self abuse. I'm curious about the situation with your husband (since I was, and still am, married to a non-smoker). Does your husband realize how important your quit is to you? Does he smoke inside? Does he leave his cigarettes out in the open? Does he know how lethal secondhand smoke is? I don't think it's unfair to ask him to make some adjustments to help ensure your quit has a more level playing field. I wish you well....you can do it.
-
Daily counter, my journey
You mentioned that you're a doctor. Yet you seem to be unable to grasp the basic precepts of addiction and what it takes to quit smoking. Couple that with the fact that you attend a party in the middle of a pandemic and I have some serious doubts that things are on the up and up here. The first step to a successful quit is to get real with yourself. The rest just takes commitment and time.
-
Mona is Two Weeks Smoke Free!!!
2 weeks is a HUGE reason to celebrate. Good job Mona!
-
Our cbdave Needs Positive Thoughts
Glad to hear it was a false alarm. Can I please have my prayer back? 🙏
-
Cravings during unguarded moments--like now
I think a lot of people who have long term quits don't like to tell newbies just how long they may experience cravings. They're afraid it may discourage people from even trying. Well I want to tell you that it's worth any amount of time required to get to the point where freedom, calmness, and health rule the day. Be proud of the amazing 2 month accomplishment you've already achieved and continue your commitment to overcome any hurdle moving forward. You're doing great Kate. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
-
Daily counter, my journey
AK. Time to look at the title of your post. Daily counter, my journey. Here's how a daily counter should work: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5..... Here's how a daily counter should not work: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1..... Day one is hell. Why keep putting yourself through that? Time to string those days together.
-
Daily counter, my journey
Perhaps this is the problem. You think you know everything about your addiction and how to quit, but you're missing the main points. Smoking is not a reward. It does not relieve stress. Just having one or two does not equal freedom. You need to conquer EVERY craving that comes your way until the cravings fade away. Stop thinking there's a magic bullet that will completely erase your urges. The only thing that will result in victory is you and your unwavering commitment to see this through.
-
What I Love About Being Smokefree !!
I now love the thing I secretly used to dread when I was a smoker. Going on date night with my wife. More often than not we’d do dinner and a movie. I would always flag down the waiter to bring our check the moment I took my last bite so I could dash out and smoke a cigarette. And the movie would be even more torturous. I could never focus on the last hour because the cravings were so strong. Now I love our night out. I’m totally present in the moment. And I see more than ever how fortunate I am to have such a wonderful and loving person in my life.
-
1 Week
Congratulations. One week is a major milestone. 🏆
- April Roll Call!
-
Anxiety... please help!
Just keep going one day at a time dullyboi. Eventually you'll realize that it was worth a little short term pain to achieve long term gain.
- Friday 17th April 2020
- Daily exercise log for everyone :)
-
👋 Hey.
Hey Dully I took up hiking and backpacking. I've done a few trips to the Sierra Nevada and crossed mountain ranges of 12,000+ ft elevation. So amazing. NEVER could have done that when I was a smoker. This one was Rae Lakes last summer. Added on an additional trail to total 60 miles. The possibilities are limitless when you quit smoking.
-
Still going
Great job Guttie! I have that app too. I found it very motivational. Haven't looked at it in ages, but I remember how much I looked forward to seeing another day be added. Keep up the great work!
-
Anxiety... please help!
Although you may find that your anxiety increases for a short while, you'll eventually see a dramatic decrease in daily anxiety. No more worrying when you'll get your next fix or that you're having trouble breathing, etc. Keep rolling over those bumps....you're doing great.
-
March Roll Call !!!
-
New to site
Great job Mac! You're now nearly a week into this. That's something in which you should take great pride. Keep doing this one day at a time and before you know it you'll be years removed from the shackles of this killer addiction.
-
one month free
One month is really amazing Darcy. I know when I got to that point there was no turning back. I had put in too much effort, learning, and rewiring of my brain to just throw it all away. Glad you've made it to such an important milestone. Great job!
-
S.o.s
Guttie You've nearly made it an entire day. Don't waste that amazing effort by lighting up. You'd just need to start the whole process all over again and I'm sure you don't want keep doing that over and over again. You're worth whatever fight it takes.
-
Corona Virus... the great global pandemic
If you're using a homemade fabric mask or bandanna the optimum utilization is to launder it every time you take it off. If you're unable to do that, at the very least understand that there should be a consistent inside (against your face) and an outside (away from your face). These must be maintained throughout the daily use of your mask. You never want to put the dirty side against your face. You also don't want to take it off and put it in your pocket. That will contaminate the entire mask. More tips: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html
-
Corona Virus... the great global pandemic
First day back at work at the hospital since my recovery. A huge chunk of our resources have been diverted to COVID-19 related care. Normally bustling hallways are now practically deserted. I must say, the public has been amazing as far as donating PPE. ❣️
-
The Covid-19 playlist
.....wanting contact
- The Covid-19 playlist