Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BKP

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BKP

  1. Jillar to the rescue!
  2. Make it count Steven. Your life is at stake here.
  3. That's kinda like comparing an inmate's level of incarceration. Sure, being in the general population is better than solitary confinement. But it's only when you walk out of the prison that you're truly free. Hope you make this your permanent quit Warbelian.
  4. Congratulations Mac! 4 months is amazing. Keep building that beautiful quit.
  5. In honor of your smashing 3 years, the QuitTrain will temporarily brandish a new name: Congrats WFM!
  6. I rarely get sick since I quit almost 5 years ago. With one significant exception. I got COVID in early March. I had a raging headache for 2 weeks and a fever and body aches for about 5 days. But the thing I feared the most (severe respiratory infection) never materialized. I am convinced that quitting smoking and adopting a healthier lifestyle had a positive impact on my outcome. If I had still been a smoker, I’m confident the results would have been much worse. There’s no question In my mind that quitting smoking will improve your health and your ability to recover if you do happen to get sick.
  7. Cloris Leachman: Old School Entertainer FRANK
  8. Good job Michelle. Celebrate this major achievement.
  9. Congrats JQ. 2 months is a great reason to celebrate.
  10. Let's just let the Dear Leader decide.
  11. Electoral College Method.........oh wait. That's the most lame ass method on the planet. First past the post
  12. Congrats andy!
  13. Congratulations Linda.....2 weeks is right around the corner. That's a big deal!
  14. Congrats Steve. Cough out the bad and breathe in the good. Your body is in repair mode.
  15. A manager of a small restaurant hears that someone in their town has just tested positive for COVID-19. He calls an emergency meeting of his 3 employees - an Italian, a Scotsman, and a Japanese man. The manager says to the Italian, "Sanitize everything in the kitchen!" He then tells the Scotsman, "Make all new To-Go flyers. All our dishes need to be on there." Finally he tells the Japanese man, "You're in charge of the supplies!" The manager then runs off in a panic to make sure his family is safe. He returns to the restaurant later that evening, enters the kitchen, and sees that it's a filthy mess. He irately yells at the Italian, "What happened? Why didn't you clean the kitchen?!?!" The Italian replies, "I no ave mop! I no ave soap! You saida to the Japanese guy dat e wasa ina charge of sooplies but he hasa disappeared and I no coulda finda him nowhere!" Frustrated, the manager goes to check on the new To-Go menus, and sees the Scotsman just sitting there with a stack of the old menus. "You! I thought I told you to create new To-Go menus!!!" screamed the manager. The Scotsman replied, "Aye, ye did lad, but ah couldnae git masel any pens o' paper! Ye left that wee Jap mannie in charge o' the supplies, but I couldnae fin' him anywhere." The manager blows his top and storms off to the back of the restaurant to find the Japanese man. He looks in the bathroom, in the alleyway, in the office, but can't find him. Then as he's approaching a utility closet the door bursts open. Out jumps the Japanese man and he yells: **SUPPLIES!!!**
  16. nope
  17. Tell us one thing you couldn't do as a smoker that you're now able to do. Me: Hiking/Backpacking. Will be heading off on a 9 day backpacking trip in the Sierra Nevada Mountains in a few weeks. Here's a pic along the trail. Humphrey's Basin
  18. Keep up the good work Steven! Each and every day is a victory.
  19. Q. What's the difference between an oral and a rectal thermometer? A. The taste.
  20. That is a huge accomplishment Steven. Great job!
  21. BKP replied to Linda's topic in Quit Smoking Discussions
    Congratulations on NOT smoking 140 cigarettes. Your lungs must be jumping for joy.
  22. Congrats on 7 years Paul! Your encouragement about taking a leap of faith is wise advice indeed. Thanks for continuing to pay it forward.
  23. BKP replied to Boo's topic in Off The Record
    Just be sure she learns the basic walk before you introduce her to the Farmer's Walk

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.