Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BKP

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BKP

  1. I can totally relate to the 3 day thing Jswiss. That was my breakdown day too. The thing that finally got me over the hump was the realization that I was going to have to keep going through those 3 days of hell over and over and over unless I decided to keep going one more day. Eventually the days turned into weeks, at which point your quit becomes too valuable to just throw away. Keep your great quit going. You're worth it.
  2. "well here I am again just a little worse for the wear" You couldn't be more wrong Opah. Based upon your last quit date, you've been smoking for over a year since you relapsed. That means that you have twice the risk of coronary heart disease than if you had quit one year ago. Each time you write off a relapse with' "I'll just try again sometime soon" you do more irreparable damage to your health. One day, there will not be another chance. Time to make this quit count. Best wishes for success this time around.
  3. I didn't see "Daintily Dab" so I couldn't vote.
  4. Congratulations H2N! 4 years is a solid quit.
  5. Congratulations JQ
  6. It really will pass. Try to focus on the fact that you likely are (or soon will be) breathing better as your name says, rather than romanticizing an alternate universe where you are killing yourself. 95 days is great! Keep the Quit!
  7. I would think twice about buying any toilet where you see Pooh on the wall right next to it.
  8. Congratulations Oona. This calls for an old fashioned party.
  9. You're smashing it Layla. Keep up the good work!
  10. Giant fart disrupted Trump's rally RDPWL
  11. BKP replied to Linda's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Fight on Linda. I'm sure you don't want to repeat the first week of quitting all over again. You can do this and you know deep down that you must do this.
  12. BKP replied to MLMR's topic in Celebrations!
    Saz You've blazed a path that so many others hope to emulate. Congrats!
  13. Heeeere's Mona! Your 6 month quit is a Shining example for all who follow!
  14. Kate + 8 = Great!
  15. Good job on putting that first day behind you Linda. Take the time to acknowledge what a positive achievement that is.
  16. Congrats on 3 months @Midmale. I remember feeling like three months was crossing the threshold into a quit that was real. Keep that great quit going!
  17. Every minute not smoking is a victory Christine. Congrats on 9-1/2 hours. Be proud.
  18. It's so great to see good things happen to good people who have been through a lot. I'm really happy for you @Rozuki.
  19. Great job Steven. You're doing super!
  20. Congratulations @d2e8b8. Those years are really adding up.
  21. Congratulations @Angeleek. Be proud of this major accomplishment.
  22. Linda, trying is about your intention. Doing is about your decision. Make a firm and resolute decision to quit this time. The most important factor in a successful quit is how your mind works through this. Hope this is your final quit.
  23. Yup...lots of excuses out there. I used this one a lot.... Excuse: There are too many bad things going on in my life right now to even think about quitting. Fake examples - My kid is having problems at school; my aunt is terminally ill; my house has termites; my car needs a new transmission; my back is sore; my dog won't eat; my parents can't keep up their house; my neighbors put a garden gnome village in their front yard......blah, blah, blah. Truth: There is never a time when everything is perfect and serene in life. There will always be some challenge or difficulty you'll need to deal with. They are not valid reasons to avoid the single best thing to improve your life...quitting smoking. Bad things may occasionally pop up after you quit, but at least you'll be healthier and free from a crappy addiction.
  24. We all had a list of excuses a mile long why we shouldn't quit. "The damage is done." "I'll gain weight." "Quitting will ruin my social life." By allowing ourselves to accept these excuses as dogma, we often delayed quitting smoking for years or decades. Choose an excuse that you once held and then expose the reality that shatters that excuse. Mine: Excuse: I'll get too stressed if I quit. Truth: The most stressful thing in my life as a smoker was making sure I got my "fix" every 20-30 minutes. I would rearrange my life to make sure I could feed my addiction according to this timetable. It stressed me out if I had to participate in an event where I couldn't smoke for an hour or two. So, it turned out that not smoking was actually less stressful than smoking. What's your Excuse and Truth?
  25. Perhaps the simple answer is you're just not ready to quit yet. I'm guessing that not many people are successful at quitting if they can't find the motivation to do so. Hope you find that answer soon.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.