What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

7 minutes ago, Sslip said:

How does someone in North Carolina root for the Cubs?

Cubs are good choice for johnny5... braves fans out there but im happy to see he didnt pick the evil empire i mean yankees as i'm a Met fan . Looking like it could be a tough year for mets fans as yanks are favored and mets cant stay healthy but ya gotta believe LGM!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sslip said:

How does someone in North Carolina root for the Cubs?

I grew up in the 80's and early 90's.  We had the Braves games on TBS and the Cubs games on WGN. 

I found Wrigley Field, the announcer Harry Caray, and the Cubs teams in general (Ryne Sandberg, Andre Dawson, pre-Braves Greg Maddux) to be more fun to watch than the Braves teams of that era.  Then the Braves stole Greg Maddux and became really good in the 90's but I was already permanently a Cubs fan by that time.

Edited by johnny5
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I picked em because they had been waiting longer than the Saintas for a premiership... So they were my kinda fans... Loved there team without the glory for victory... So now I have to find a grid iron team... To barrack for, I ain't rooting for anyone but me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Love the game, but don't catch too many over here and haven't really seen a lot of it in the last 20 years. Most of what I've seen in the past revolved around Sosa vs McGwire. The guy I really liked watching though was Randy Johnson.

@Whispers the subway series games must be cracking to see.

@Sslip, All out war at bars of trash talk... Most( not all) yankee fans are obnoxious, like someone with money that throws it in your face that they have more. A yankee fan will always remind you about the 27 tittles they have... This comedian sums it up

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, johnny5 said:

Then the Braves stole Greg Maddux and became really good in the 90's 

Let it go Johnny.  Atlanta didn't steal Maddux, he was a free agent.  He even took less money than what the Yankees offered to be a part of what John Schuerholz was building in Atlanta.

And I jump at the opportunity to talk about those Braves teams of the 1990s.  Because, you know, the current situation...

GO BRAVES!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whispers said:

90's braves were good, chipper jones was a mets killer! I hated john rocker

Most people hate John Rocker because of that interview he did.  That's really just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to reasons to dislike John Rocker.  Bad attitude.  Treated the fans like crap.  Was a disruptive character in the locker room...

John Rocker was an asshat long before he gave that interview.

• Like 2

All work and no play makes Whispers a dull boy
All work and no play makes Whispers a dull boy

Oh and its Opening day.... LETS GO METS

• Like 2

Listening to my Saintas get their arses handed to the by the Roos.. Feeling sad...and explaining English to the Sepos...

@barry a bickie is short for biscuit which is what you would call a cookie (what you call biscuits we call scones)... A butt bickie is a reference to the bunny bum bickies I posted a picture of above

@Whispers did the Mets go?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Listening to my Saintas get their arses handed to the by the Roos.. Feeling sad...and explaining English to the Sepos...

@barry a bickie is short for biscuit which is what you would call a cookie (what you call biscuits we call scones)... A butt bickie is a reference to the bunny bum bickies I posted a picture of above

@Whispers did the Mets go?

Mets won, off today back at it tomorrow