The plan

Morgan

Hi all

I just put out my very last cigarette. I had originally quit about 3 months ago but relapsed a week ago. You know what I felt this whole week.. sad! I missed the nonsmoker I was just one week ago... so I'm done!

When I originally quit, I started training for a half marathon.. which is only now 2 weeks away... my little relapse won't throw all my hard work off but if I continue down the path.. All the training would be for nothing!

My quit plan: cold turkey. I have used the patch in the past but I find it just prolongs the feeling of withdrawal. Cold turkey I hit my peak in 4 to 5 days then it gets significantly better. So for the next week it will be rough but I'll get through it and then can get on with my life. My husband smokes, I asked him to hide his cigarettes so if I want to cheat I have to ask him for one. His response should be (1) nope (2) go online and post an sos (3) get some water and wait

I'm a big fan of Alan Carr and think about easy way often. One thing that helps me get through this is telling myself to just get on with life... I need to stop moping and wish for something I hope doesn't happen. Also one cigarette is clearly not ok all it does is create the craving for the next.. so my main motto when thinking about that one is is it worth the next 100 or 1000 cigarettes. It will never just be one for me. I'm holding onto these thoughts for dear life!

Wish me luck! Tomorrow I'll be pledging to NOPE

• Like 13

Great plan, Morgan...

I wish you luck n your training... keep focused, and you will get to where you want to be.

Once the nicotine is gone from your body, it becomes a mental battle.

And, you are correct.... You are just one puff away from becoming a pack a day smoker again....so... Not One Puff Ever!

As Evelyn and Doreen said, luck is not necessary ;)

Cold Turkey is a good choice for removing all the crap from your system in the shortest possible time :good:

Remember that when you get stressed, come here and ask for support.  And take it one day at a time to begin with.

Rooting for you :)

• Like 1

Not one for me either. A lot of us were in the same boat.  Good job on the asking hubby to counter you, sometimes a little reality check does us good all round our lives, none more so then not picking up a ciggie if you're quit. 

So are you quit now, or is it not tomorrow where you are yet (time differences have me confused)?

Welcome, way to go and how are you doing?  I'm guessing it will help getting past the craves to recall your thoughts the moment you decided you didn't want to smoke after all and how you missed the non-smoker you.  Seems that mental clarity and fortitude trumps the crave every time.

Welcome, way to go and how are you doing?  I'm guessing it will help getting past the craves to recall your thoughts the moment you decided you didn't want to smoke after all and how you missed the non-smoker you.  Seems that mental clarity and fortitude trumps the crave every time.

Doing good! Only been about 15 hours or so but I'm doing OK! Just keeping hydrated, staying busy, and not planning on smoking today!

Not one for me either. A lot of us were in the same boat.  Good job on the asking hubby to counter you, sometimes a little reality check does us good all round our lives, none more so then not picking up a ciggie if you're quit. 

So are you quit now, or is it not tomorrow where you are yet (time differences have me confused)?

I am quit now!! Holding strong at this point. Just keeping positive and not moping about too much. It will be a hard first few days but I'll get through!!

Welcome Morgan

No such thing as one for me either NOPE

How are you doing today?

I am doing well, thank you for asking! Sticking to NOPE and not wavering one bit.

• Like 4

Excited for you. New you and all that :)  That said...Just for today, I will not smoke. The just for today starts a lot of sayings that I use for Reiki but it also works for smoking. I am excited for you and your journey. I can't remember how you're quitting, if you're not using nicotine then try and take sips of fruit juice now and then as your blood sugar levels will muck about for 3 odd days and it will help. x

• Like 1

> All the training would be for nothing!

Naaaah ... Sarge trained for 8 months and ran his first two Full Marathons as a full-time, pack-and-a-half a day smoker.

Shit got waaaaay better after quitting, though.

Keep training and logging miles. The more miles you log, the less likely you are to smoke.

Easy Peasy

Still doing good! So onward to day two. Saturdays are always a little hard for me. It is long run day, so I do well until my run is over! Then I get to rest until Monday night... gives me the perfect break from training to get a little out of control. But this will not be me today. Already pledged to NOPE today! I'm sticking with it!

• Like 2