My lovely smoke free life.

I didn't even know I had hit 5 months.....Comrade emailed me an 'atta girl' .....:)

That extra energy they talk about.....I've got it!

I'm growing orchids, making jam, hoarding jars for my dozens of canning recipes, I'm running.....yes, you read that right....running! The sober chick who doesn't exercise is running 3k a few times a week....usually 3 times, sometimes 4. How do you like that Sarge?

I'm still 15lbs heavier than when I quit.....but...well, I kinda like it. I was thin before (diet of coffee and cigarettes) now I have shape. Shape is good. :) plus I figure it's healthy chub, because I'm eating well. Shapely is nicer, isn't it Bakon?

The only drawback of quitting smoking.....my feet are sore because I don't sit down. But with all the money I don't spend on filthy cigarettes, I can spend on good shoes!

My grandbaby is lovely and fat and a pure joy!

I wish I had quit years ago. YEARS ago.

If you are lurking....don't wait. Don't wait one more god damned minute.

The momentary discomfort is worth the lifetime of freedom.

Do it.

• Like 19

So lovely to cyber see ya Julie and you sound on top of the world! Just brilliant, like you say why the hell didn't we do this years ago? I've hadva great day already but your postive post made it even better, made up for you xx

• Like 1

fantastic news julie :) so so happy for you in your beautiful new life - I am still picking my jaw off the floor about you running though ;)

aww big kiss for grand baby

who would have thought that quitting smoking was life changing and all for the better :)

would love to see pics of orchids when you get a chance, they are the only houseplant I do not kill!

take care hun

best wishes and hugs to you x

Atta Girl Julie !!!

I am happy to see a post from you and confirm all is well...

Since your last "visit", I have added another granddaughter to the group...Zoey Elizabeth ..born May 19,2014

And as you said, they are a pure Joy...

Enjoy the cottage and  the sunshine...

Life is good!!

I wish I had quit years ago. YEARS ago.

If you are lurking....don't wait. Don't wait one more god damned minute.

The momentary discomfort is worth the lifetime of freedom.

Do it.

Love it!

Happy to see you enjoying your new life.  It really is a new life isn't it?  :hi:

• 4 weeks later...

So now I've trudged my way into 6 months?

Betcha didn't think I could do it, huh Comrade? ;)

I'm sorry I don't sign in more often and offer support and friendship. Truth be told, I found, the more often I'm here.....talking about not smoking, the more often smoking was permeating my thoughts.

Once I stopped signing in daily......I found I went days, even a week at a time without the thought of a cigarette popping into my head.

(That's just my experience, I'm not encouraging anyone to let go of their support system)

I do feel bad not offering support to newbies. I kinda come from an atmosphere that teaches the importance of giving back.

I have no excuse.....I just got selfishly busy.

I adore my smoke free life.

I love all my new shoes. I love buying the grandbaby a new toy every week.

I'm learning to love running.....although my joints don't agree.

Doreen, I'm gonna put a pic of the sweet baby up tonight for you.

I've missed you guys. (Blows a kiss at Bakon) hey Sarg...do I get new stripes now?

Have a great day folks!

(Wait.....edit! Edit! Is it today or tomorrow? Lol, maybe I'm still at 5 months today. ? I have no idea!)

• Like 2