Holy shit did I miss you guys!

Nolongerhere

HAT good to see you, come on and grab your way one ticket soon, the ride here is so much smoother and much more genuine because we all care about how we are all doing xx  Oh and I know somewhere to get coffee  :lol2: lol 

• Like 3

Lol they were all proper mental weren't they, I forgot - wow.

All the women are old and horny  :wink: ?!  haha. I prefer Traceys version, young fillies  :)

I had to go with a smile there MQ, slacking, there are no filly type smilies in the 100s available.....

• Like 1

welcome back .....I really wish I never read the other thread over there but it did confirm the reasons why I do not go there much ......the judgmental attitudes and the bullying behavior they have over there is annoying at best.....the worst part is that it is allowed to go on and it is the same people who do it over and over again without repercussions. ON a positive note congrats on making a plan to quit make this one your sticky quit!

• Like 5

welcome back .....I really wish I never read the other thread over there but it did confirm the reasons why I do not go there much ......the judgmental attitudes and the bullying behavior they have over there is annoying at best.....the worst part is that it is allowed to go on and it is the same people who do it over and over again without repercussions. ON a positive note congrats on making a plan to quit make this one your sticky quit!

Same game...same players with new ones in the mix.  Sad for the newbies.  I thought when they got rid of BABS...all would be well in their world....;)

guess not

Personally I don't care where newbies go to quit...as long as more people quit..that's less for the tobacco industry to profit on and that's a win-win situation as far as i am concerned.  Saving lives...that's the priority here.

Grateful for the Quit Train and what it has to offer....non judgmental support.  Who needs a bunch of egotistical idiots participate in a pissing contest to see who can give the best advice??  That's not what the newbies need.

• Like 5

OMG I just went and read I wish I could say I am surprised but yeah same shit different day.

I stay out of the crap but I pay attention too and that is why I chose this board.

I love the way they say this board is all banned members,maybe I was a little out of the loop because I was only aware of a few bans 2 of the members they banned they tried to get to come back and the other couple they say are bullies and troublemakers.

I must have been absent from school when they taught about bullies because I could swear the bullies are on the other board.

I find it funny no one here cares about the link to that site but they are going crazy about the link to this site. I wonder what they are afraid of? Maybe they are afraid the nice people on their board will realize how much nicer it is over here and decide to hop on the train instead of staying on that sinking ship.

I felt the need to post this because after watching one of the bullies posting screenshots of this board it is clear they feel the need to spy on us. They must be bored silly and feeling pretty insignificant to see that no one here talks about them. Only talking about them now because they are ruining that board with all their petty BS drama and beating up on HAT.

The other thing that really kills me is the people who have been there less than 6 months talking shit like they have any idea about anything at all. That board saved me,kept me quit, and now it has been completely ruined by a bunch of bandwagon jumping bullies.

It makes me sick.

Thank you so much for this board and may it always be a safe haven for those of us that need it.

• Like 11

I don't know how many of you still continue to go to QSMB. But I posted the literally exact message in their board, and was bombarded by psycho-old ladies accusing me of promoting this site, being in-sincere, and not having any idea how to quit at all because I relapsed. Over here, the most heckling I've received is from Wiley's train gif. lol I kind of ranted off on them, so I imagine I will be banned anyway, either way, it feels good to be home. Home isn't what the dwelling looks like, but the people who occupy it with you. And there are nothing but good people here. I will keep you all in the know of my plan, but it's what I want. I have come back with some new knowledge, and a better mentality about it and myself!

So much for banning people like me if they have a new batch of knowitalls/wannabes running the show there. Karma is a bitch haha. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

I have a friend that's going through a divorce. And everything bad that happens to her, she blames her soon to be ex husband for. He did it. No matter what, he did it.

I read the post over there. And that's how I kinda feel they are reacting like. A lot of people's feelings got hurt. Friendships were lost. And trust was broken. It takes time. I'm not sure that HAT was completely aware of how that would have been taken but I do think that if you're gonna be on both sites, be gentle for a while. It was a site we all were part of at one time. And we defended it as vehemently as they are now. Just as we would this site if we felt someone was jeopardizing this site.

Although, I think the division was a good thing and very much needed, there are a lot of good things about both sites. I still think about things that were said to me from them over them. And sometimes, they made me mad. But as time has gone on, I can see what they meant. Sometimes one can appear being judgemental when, in actuality, they are only asking one to be accountable. To themselves.

All that really matters is that people quit smoking. Saving lives is what this is about. No. Matter. What.

• Like 4

What I mean by no cheats or gimics is; some people suggest using NRT's (Nicotine Replacement Therapy) which includes nicotine gum, patches, e-cigs to an extent, etc. The only way to quit smoking is to quit. Is to remove the nicotine from your system and never smoke again. Easy analogy is NOPE. (Not One Puff Ever) Quitting, in my opinion is the easy part, remaining quit is the part that sucks dick. I personally am under the opinion that cold turkey is the only way to go. the gum and patches and vaping is just replacing one form of nicotine for another, you are curbing your cravings, not the addiction.

Different strokes for different folks.  Everybody is different... if someone wants to use a NRT... don't judge..they are trying.  I quit and stayed quit my very first try... but chewing the Nico gum.  What works for some may not work for others.

keep on keepin on.

• Like 2

I really would like to let sleeping dogs be but I just received this PM at qsmb! I hate bullies! and spies ! I hate bullies and spies!

I let her know I was there because I was waiting for the place to become a nice place to be again.I can tell I will be waiting a long time :( Well I used more words than that,but thats the gist of it

• photo-thumb-23067.jpeg?_r=1403659894
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 4,105 posts
  • quitdate: 2014-01-12
  • LocationCanada

Sent Today, 12:15 PM

Someone sent me what you wrote about this site.

Why are you here if you think so horribly about us?

I am ccing this to Jack.

I just don't understand why you are here at all, you don't post here, you do not support on a daily basis and you spout hatred on the other site.

Very strange.

I really would like to let sleeping dogs be but I just received this PM at qsmb! I hate bullies! and spies ! I hate bullies and spies!

I let her know I was there because I was waiting for the place to become a nice place to be again.I can tell I will be waiting a long time :( Well I used more words than that,but thats the gist of it

• photo-thumb-23067.jpeg?_r=1403659894
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 4,105 posts
  • quitdate: 2014-01-12
  • LocationCanada

Sent Today, 12:15 PM

Someone sent me what you wrote about this site.

Why are you here if you think so horribly about us?

I am ccing this to Jack.

I just don't understand why you are here at all, you don't post here, you do not support on a daily basis and you spout hatred on the other site.

Very strange.

I'm so sorry Bonnie.  Jealousy and bitterness can cloud the thoughts of some so badly that they lash out to anyone and everyone.  We are all glad to have you here and I imagine the leadership at the other site is happy to have you there as well. 

• Like 2

wow...that's really sad

I"m sorry Bonnie.  You are an awesome person and I appreciate you being here....or on 5 sites if you wanted....smokers looking to quit are lucky to have you in their corner

:)

• Like 3

Over 1000 views, hmmmm

Sorry to hear that Bonnie, we all just want the same thing and that is to quit smoking, pretty much the same thing happened me Bonnie and then they had the cheek to come over here and start reporting me to try get removed, I took a look over there the other day and yet again the same nasty snide comments going on about us, very hurtful and no need for it, don't understand the bitcheness at all, it's all pretty sad and I miss a few people over there but they had clear issues with me being on both sides which is childish and I have no doubt they will have their snide comments and pictures after this. It's a shame, a handful have ruined it.

This is the last I will say about them.

• Like 5

Yeah Bonnie, stop saying it's bad to bully, it's ok if you quit a week or more ;)  

My nana used to say, "can't help all the people, all the time" - pretty cool that. Her husband said "if you sit on the riverbank long enough you will see the heads of your enemies float past". I'm pleased I never had sunday dinner withthem lol, but it makes sense. 

So Hat - quit date??  What's your new thinking??  

• Like 2

Wow, Bonnie that message you received was uncalled for.  I've never read any sort of negativity from you, nothing but supportive posts from you.  Try not to take it personal, I think the individual was lashing out in general, you just happened to be in their path.  We love you here and appreciate you whether you post once an hour or once a year.

I want to say something here.  A bunch of like minded people left a support forum that had more drama than support.  Some of us didn't even like each other all that much, but we came together because of a common goal, to keep our quits and help others.  The fact that we started out small was beneficial, because we got to know other people we wouldn't have otherwise.  We may not have the quantity that some boards have, but we sure do have the quality - and that is what matters.  Our group here had the class to let bygones be bygones and to get on with it.  I have to say I am mighty proud to be part of such a group  :wub:  The members of the other forum?  I can't speak for them, they can do that all by themselves  ;)

• Like 5