The "big weekend"

sherry

After 3 months of trying everything to keep that i had quit smoking a  secret, this weekend was the  big reveal to my girls...

They didn't get here till after 9 pm Fri, so we just got what was needed from the car and settled in for the night, got up Sat and headed out.. it's a short drive to Myrtle  Beach from my house, about 2 1/2 hrs... we get there safe and sound, got to check in to see if the rooms ready or do we need to find something to do till it is (cuz we got there about 11a.m.).. Nope it's ready, i sign all the forms and the lady says "we hope you enjoy your stay, as a reminder we are 100% smoke free Resort,"  ..I could feel the tension from the girls immediately, ... all the happy - bubbly - silliness that had been the mood on the ride down was gone.. now they were stone faced and silent.

We head out to the car, the "bell hop" loads our bags, and we follow him up to the room... the girls are still silent, i'm trying so hard not to bust out laughing at this point while still keeping my mood all happy and excited like the ride down  - which, by the way just set them off further  because i wasn't "noticing" they were upset, (hehehe).

So the guy unloads our stuff i give him his tip, close the door behind him, turn and make a "bee-line" for the balcony and i hear "What are you doing Mom? we can't stay here,it's smoke free,yer gonna get us kicked out!!!!!"

I tossed my hands in the air, opened the balcony door and said " not a problem, i quit smoking 3 months ago, SURPRISE!" and stepped out on the balcony grin'n from ear to ear.

Of course they didn't believe me, they follow me out- OH how  I wish you could have seen their face's, LOL!!

I said, "did i smoke when you got in last night? did i go out to smoke before we went to bed?  did i smoke when when stopped to stretch our leggs?.. ( the whole time grin'n so big my face was start'n to hurt).. go look in my bags - there no ciggs, I'm tell'n you - I quit!"

OMG, did they turn on a dime!!  :P

Took EVERYTHING out of my bags as they're talk'n about how embarrassing it's gonna be to get kicked out cuz of my smoking..

then they see there's no ciggs... and I watched their face's change as it sinks in that I've quit... 

and then the tears started, and the hugs.. and more tears.. and smiles, hugs,tears...

BEST FREAK'N SURPRISE EVER!!!!!!!!!! :D  :D  :D

• Like 12

Aw wow Mis Lace - so glad you jumped when you did and could give your girls such a great surprise - sounds like you had a lovely time ... Just need to get more details at some stage :-)

• Like 2

Lace I had tears in my eyes reading this, that is what this journey is all about, pride, amazement, those little moments when you feel like your heart will burst fantastic your girls must be so proud of you xx

• Like 2

Thanks you guys! :wub:

Sorry to cause y'all to tear up,..Well, 'cept EL B, that was a fly in his eye (*giggle*)...ah, if you'd been there, you'd been cry'n and laugh'n, and listen to them fuss at me for...

""not tell'n them sooner so they didn't get pissed about check'n into a smoke free resort-but it was ok now cuz I quit-now it made since i was busy when they wanted to come visit and I tried to hint for them not to come, don't hurt their feelings like that again- how DARE i keep a secret that big from them-i best  never do that again-but it's the best secret now that they're over be'n pissed... and on and on in rapid fire just gushing out all at once, ... I think I had emotional whip-lash when they were done switch'n between fuss'n at me and let'n me know how happy/proud they were of me!!!!  LOL!!  :rofl: ...

It was great... thanks y'all, for share'n this with me.   :D 

Now,... cookies for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!   :good3: 

• Like 5

That is SOOO great Lace!! I rememebr when you first told us that this was your dream....to surprise your girls on your vacation...that seemed so long ago.  I can only imagine how proud they are of you...hell...I am proud of you!

• Like 1