Back To Smoking

Lilley

I haven't been here for a long time and I'm sorry to say I've been smoking since March.  

If it's ok with you all I'm going to hang out here a bit more and get my mindset back.

@MarylandQuitter if it's ok with you can you close my old account.  Hopefully a fresh account will go hand in hand with a fresh quit.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lilley said:

I haven't been here for a long time and I'm sorry to say I've been smoking since March.  

If it's ok with you all I'm going to hang out here a bit more and get my mindset back.

@MarylandQuitter if it's ok with you can you close my old account.  Hopefully a fresh account will go hand in hand with a fresh quit.  

First and foremost welcome. I am new here also. I am quitting smoking using Chantix, and Burpropion. I have set my quit date for 6/12/20, but the Chantix makes me sick every time I smoke a cigarette so I might go ahead and move my quit date up just because I can't tolerate the smoking. I'm on Day 6 of the Chantix. Almost through week one and up to the full dose. So maybe we can be quit buddies. 

Anyhoo welcome and I will see you around the board.

Nana

• Like 4

@Lilley I started smoking again in March - right after hitting 5 months - I get it - I finally came back yesterday to get my head back into the quit - I was thinking I would set a date a couple weeks away - but just being back here and feeling the support from these amazing people I quit this morning- and it feels GREAT - well it feels like %&^**#$ physically- but I am happy on a level to be back to my road to freedom - Please reach out to me - these people whatever you need - together is better when conquering addiction. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Nana20 said:

First and foremost welcome. I am new here also. I am quitting smoking using Chantix, and Burpropion. I have set my quit date for 6/12/20, but the Chantix makes me sick every time I smoke a cigarette so I might go ahead and move my quit date up just because I can't tolerate the smoking. I'm on Day 6 of the Chantix. Almost through week one and up to the full dose. So maybe we can be quit buddies. 

Nana

@Nana20 sounds as though everything is working as it should be for you.

@HeatherDianne I have just posted on your thread. Looking forward to celebrating the end of your Day 1.

I haven't set a quit date yet but it will be sooner rather than later.  I would love to be quit buddies with you @Nana20  

• Like 3

Welcome back Lilley, sorry to see that you gave up that awesome quit you had going. Unfortunately a fresh account isn't going to do anything for you if you don't put in the effort. Maybe you should look back at your other account and read the posts there. Maybe find what led you astray?

• Like 5

Good to see your giving it another go Lilley ...

Jill is right ...it may be good to look back ..

We don't delete accounts ....your old account will just stay ....

Carry on using this new one ....

You know you can quit ...go back to basics and read all you can and watch the video,s..

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, jillar said:

Welcome back Lilley, sorry to see that you gave up that awesome quit you had going. Unfortunately a fresh account isn't going to do anything for you if you don't put in the effort. Maybe you should look back at your other account and read the posts there. Maybe find what led you astray?

Thank you @jillar

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nana20 said:

Nana

Welcome aboard Nana....

Spend time reading all you can here...no time like the present to put the cigs down ....

You will get all the support you need here ...

We have great videos to watch too...it covers all your concerns ...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Good to see your giving it another go Lilley ...

Jill is right ...it may be good to look back ..

We don't delete accounts ....your old account will just stay ....

Carry on using this new one ....

You know you can quit ...go back to basics and read all you can and watch the video,s..

Hi @Doreensfree and thank you for letting me use this account.

In honesty I think the Coronavirus outbreak is what triggered my relapse. Not seeing my family was very hard, the lockdown itself and the constant fear we have of catching it. It has changed our lives completely and my commitment to my quit clearly wasnt what I thought it was.

• Like 1

Hi Lilley,

I thought you had this quit business all wrapped up.  I couldn't remember when you had actually quit so I looked at your old account.  You don't have a quit date listed but I looked at your posts and it looks like you quit in March 2019.  So if you have been smoking since March, you were quit for a year or almost a year.  So sorry to hear that you threw your one-year quit away and must start anew.

Mona

• Like 4

Welcome @Nana20 and congrats on taking back your life :) I quit once for three weeks with Chantix and found it worked really well until I stopped taking it earlier than recommended. I went right back to smoking. So please use it for the recommended time of I believe three months to ensure your success. And  found if you eat something small before you take the pill it helps with the nausea :) 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mona said:

Hi Lilley,

I thought you had this quit business all wrapped up.  I couldn't remember when you had actually quit so I looked at your old account.  You don't have a quit date listed but I looked at your posts and it looks like you quit in March 2019.  So if you have been smoking since March, you were quit for a year or almost a year.  So sorry to hear that you threw your one-year quit away and must start anew.

Mona

Hi @Mona I quit 13 March last year so I had passed my one year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

To all our new and returning  friends @HeatherDianne, @Lilley, @Nana20 and @JohnQ.

You have just took or are soon going to take the first step toward a better life. For those have quit before you know how this works. For the sake of the newbies this is going to be a hard but very manageable fight to beat the nicotine beast. You have all joined or rejoined one of the best support systems I have come across. I have just been through what most of you are going to go through. I have just celebrated 2 months smoke free today. A little about me. I smoked for over 37 years ranging from a half to a full pack a day for that duration. I finally decided when this covid19 started and I got a touch of pneumonia and one of my roommates died of the disease that i was done with the addiction. So, on April 4th, 2020 I smoked my last cigarette and haven't looked back. I not saying this is an easy process but if you are fully committed and put in the work it's totally manageable. Life as we know it is all about choices. Your commitment is about choosing to never smoke again. We will support and help you in everyway. Don't be afraid to ask for help no matter what. There are numerous articles and videos available to help make your transition and quit easier. This is all about the smart choices we make everyday. So, if you have already quit or are quitting soon  jump on the train and enjoy the journey to a better and healthier you. Be safe, make smart choices and remember the NOPE ( not one puff ever) pledge.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Lilley said:

your account cannot be closed.

and really, lily...you need to go through ALL those posts and let reality sink in.  The reasons behind your failure to quit are contained therein.

No, it ain't pretty but, it is truth.  Learn from the past.  Examine all the garnets of information.  

You can't run from your past.  You can start afresh WITH the knowledge you have gained from your failures.

This is how we, as humans. succeed.

Welcome back.  Hope you build a strong and sturdy quit this time around.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Wish all you all the best with your quits.  It's a very precious thing, something you want to treasure.  Probably worth more in value than a large amount of money in your wallet.  Think of it as a winning lottery ticket that someone was able to steal from you with your knowledge that you were letting it go.

Whatever the problem, smoking is not going to solve it. You can do this.

• Like 6

On 6/3/2020 at 3:36 PM, Lilley said:

Hi Lilley,

I can merge both accounts into one instead of deleting the old one. Your last quit is part of your new one. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 6/5/2020 at 9:23 AM, MarylandQuitter said:

Hi Lilley,

I can merge both accounts into one instead of deleting the old one. Your last quit is part of your new one. :)

I do get why you say that @MarylandQuitter and I know you're the boss, but as with anything in life sometimes to move forward you have to stop looking back. I'm the type that would read all those posts and sit wallowing in my failure. I need to stay positive and just move forward.  I hope you will agree to that.

• Like 1

Welcome back Lilley, you can do this!  My advice, take smoking off the table.  Get yourself into the mindset that no matter what happens you will not smoke. Life has so many ups and downs, if you base your quit on how good or bad your situation is at any point you'll never have a long term quit.  Difficult days bring up thoughts of smoking because that's how we dealt with bad things for so long.  Remember that just because you have the "feeling" you want to smoke does not mean you have to act on it.

Good to have you back. :)   Let us know what we can do to help.

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Jenny said:

Welcome back Lilley, you can do this!  My advice, take smoking off the table.  Get yourself into the mindset that no matter what happens you will not smoke. Life has so many ups and downs, if you base your quit on how good or bad your situation is at any point you'll never have a long term quit.  Difficult days bring up thoughts of smoking because that's how we dealt with bad things for so long.  Remember that just because you have the "feeling" you want to smoke does not mean you have to act on it.

Good to have you back. :)   Let us know what we can do to help.

Thank you @Jenny  I will be sure to shout for help when I need it. Just trying to get off the start line at the moment

• Like 2

Welcome back Lilley and congratulations on deciding to quit again! I also stuffed up a year long quit - twice - before I actually quit for good. I let myself get a bit too comfortable in my quits before, thinking I've somehow now conquered the addiction and can now control it instead. Big mistake! This time around I accepted from the start I am an addict and therefore I will not smoke again. 

Hope you are feeling alright about it and keep posting/reading on here :) 

• Like 3