Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Did a four exercise circuit this morning: Goblet Squats, Pull-Ups, Push-Ups, Farmer's Walk.  Repeated the circuit five times and finished up with interval work on the rower.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Boo said:

Did a four exercise circuit this morning: Goblet Squats, Pull-Ups, Push-Ups, Farmer's Walk.  Repeated the circuit five times and finished up with interval work on the rower.

Careful there Boo ...

• Haha 2

Boxing this morning (10 minutes of jump rope, 6 rounds on the heavy bag, 2 rounds on the speed bag, 2 rounds on the double-end bag, slip rope and footwork drills).  Finished up with core work (suitcase carries with a kettlebell and hanging leg raises) and intervals on the rower.

My obsession with the double-end bag is paying some dividends.  I'm spending more time landing multi-punch combinations and less time flailing around missing the target.  Just thought I would brag a bit...

• Like 1

I'm liking these circuit workouts.  I can get in a full-body workout in limited time.  Did four exercises: Kettlebell Goblet Squats, Pull-Ups, Bench Press, Overhead Dumbbell Press.  Repeated the circuit five times and finished up with intervals on the rower.

• Like 1

Did strength work this morning: Squats, Overhead Press, Pull-Ups, and Dips.  Core work: Hanging Leg Raises, Roll Outs, and Good Mornings.  Finished up with intervals on the rower and 10 minutes of mobility work.

Found a weird little mind-hack that is surprisingly effective.  I read an article by Dan John where he talked about "blasting off."  On those later sets of squats, the ones where you're really grinding them out, instead of counting from one up...you do a countdown (5-4-3-2-1).  Sometimes it just takes a subtle shift to make a big difference.

• Like 2

Back on track with 20 minutes elliptical yesterday morning and a 3 hour routine at the gym this morning: 30 minutes Zumba; 45 minutes kickboxing; 44 minutes spinning; 60 minutes barre. This is my new Friday routine, but I missed last week 'cause the gym had a modified pared down schedule due to the storm.  Boo got his workout in.  How's it going for you, Lisa?

Edited by PeaceTrain
  • Like 3

On March 6, 2018 at 3:32 PM, Boo said:

Boxing this morning (10 minutes of jump rope, 6 rounds on the heavy bag, 2 rounds on the speed bag, 2 rounds on the double-end bag, slip rope and footwork drills).  Finished up with core work (suitcase carries with a kettlebell and hanging leg raises) and intervals on the rower.

My obsession with the double-end bag is paying some dividends.  I'm spending more time landing multi-punch combinations and less time flailing around missing the target.  Just thought I would brag a bit...

Brag away!  You're earning the rights. I've been fighting a cold the last two weeks so I've backed off a bit.  Been needing the extra sleep big time. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PeaceTrain said:

Brag away!  You're earning the rights. I've been fighting a cold the last two weeks so I've backed off a bit.  Been needing the extra sleep big time. 

Sometimes we need the rest more than the exercise.

Rec knows what I'm talking about.

8 hours ago, reciprocity said:

I went for a massage today but fell asleep right away!

105rx39.jpg

• Haha 1

Didn't do a formal workout this morning, but got plenty of exercise.  Did some volunteer trail construction/maintenance work this morning.  Around 6 miles of hiking and a bunch of work with a grub hoe, bow saw, and pick axe.

If you're looking for a good full-body strength exercise...find a boulder that's roughly the same size as a Volkswagen Beetle and try to move it with a pry bar.  That'll get you pumping.

• Like 3

Went for a four mile walk today been walking outside a lot lately although it is still only in the 20s to the 30s...but eh I need to get outside. I have 12 lbs left to go woohoo how is everyone else doing?

Lisa

11 hours ago, Wee fluffy me said:

Ok so here's my step count so far ..

21c589w.jpg

Think it is broken......!!

Oooh you have a Samsung gearfit....me too I just got one last month I love it since I always get Samsung phones so it syncs much better than the fit bit and does more.

Lisa

• Like 3