Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Had a great boxing workout yesterday.  I've been cutting back on the caffeine for a couple of weeks but felt like drinking some coffee yesterday.  After a brief layoff, that caffeine really hit.  I was all wired up and ready to do some work.

Getting ready to do some strength work this morning sans the stimulants.

• Like 2

Supposed to get a big order of hiking/trail running gear today from Backcountry.  Just in time for the weekend!  Planning a rigorous run on Saturday, then an easy 5 mile hike with a group from work on Sunday.  Keep up the good work (and prancercising:42_confused:) peeps.

• Like 2

Strength work today (Front Squats, Inverted Rows, Bench Press, Shoulder Press, and Kettlebell Swings).  Finished up with some core work on the rings: L-Sits and Planks.  Strict form planks done on rings is a humbling experience.

1 hour ago, Doreensfree said:

short-shorts-for-men-4.jpg

Yep !!!....your new gear will look fine... My Boo has a pair ,just like them..happy running ....

I have to carry a pair of vise-grips with me just to pick out the wedgies when I run in those things.

• Haha 1

Did a boxing workout this morning (6 rounds on the heavy bag, 2 rounds on the speed bag, 2 rounds on the double-end bag, medicine ball throws, footwork and defensive drills, box taps, and core work).

Later, I went to a climbing gym and spent a couple of hours doing my best to look like Spider-Man.  Climbing is one of those workouts that is so much fun it's easy to forget that it qualifies as exercise.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2018 at 7:12 PM, Boo said:

Did a boxing workout this morning (6 rounds on the heavy bag, 2 rounds on the speed bag, 2 rounds on the double-end bag, medicine ball throws, footwork and defensive drills, box taps, and core work).

Later, I went to a climbing gym and spent a couple of hours doing my best to look like Spider-Man.  Climbing is one of those workouts that is so much fun it's easy to forget that it qualifies as exercise.

Boxing work out sounds fun. Punch anything that punches back? Been hitting a speedbag since high school. Not so good anymore. 

Yesterday, logged one of the slowest and sloppiest trail runs imaginable.  Heavy rain.  Mud.  Wet leaves.  Slippery rocks and roots.  Good times.  Ran 4.3 miles and made very few stable foot strikes along the way.

8 hours ago, bakon said:

Boxing work out sounds fun. Punch anything that punches back? 

Not lately.  It's been over five-months since I sparred.  Set up my home gym and like the convenience of having everything I need to workout in the basement.  The one drawback is not having anyone to spar or do pad work with.

If you want to swing by the house sometime, I'd be more than happy to punch you in the head.

8 hours ago, bakon said:

Been hitting a speedbag since high school. Not so good anymore. 

The speed bag is mostly about rhythm.  Get a good rhythm going and you can make the bag sing.  The double-end bag is my biggest challenge.  That damn thing can make me look downright silly at times.

• Like 4

Today I warmed up with 20 minutes on the rower and then did some strength work(Power Cleans, Bench Press, Single-Leg Deadlifts, Pull-Ups, and Farmer's Walk).  Finished up with 15 minutes of mobility drills.

Hope everybody else is moving and feeling good.

• Like 1

I was pressed for time this morning so I did a Tabata workout (20 seconds full out followed by 10 seconds rest).  Did the Concept 2 Rower, Front Squats, Farmer's Walk, and Medicine Ball Slams.  Repeated the circuit 5 times.  On the one hand, it's only 10 minutes.  On the other hand, it's an intense 10 minutes.

• Like 1

Did 45 minutes of boxing work and finished with some Deadlifts, Bench Press, and Farmer's Walks.

And with that, I'm taking the weekend off.  My left knee feels a bit tricky and my right lat muscle is very tight.  The ego is not gratified by rest and relaxation, but sometimes that's what you need.

• Like 1